Reading Animal Crossing patch notes gives you a heads up in the tweaks and changes made in New Horizons.
Though there are major seasonal updates on the way - such as the currently active Bunny Day - Nintendo will be patching the game will smaller updates to fix any bugs and exploits which may have appeared.
If you're playing for the first time, our Animal Crossing tips page can get you off to the best start.
Animal Crossing patch notes: What's new in update 1.1.4 in New Horizons
Here are the Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.1.4 patch notes, released April 6th, 2020, with credit to Nintendo and copied verbatim from the official Nintendo Japan support site.
- Fixed a bug that caused Rex Kurushima to receive "Platinum Kogane" and pass different items to different models.
- After the update, pass the "Platinum Kogane" to Rex again, and you will receive the correct model.
- During the Easter event, the appearance rate of some eggs has been adjusted until April 11, 2020.
- Eggs are easier to collect on the day of Easter (April 12, 2020).
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has arrived! After you've set up character customisation, your island name and chosen the correct season for your hemisphere, it's time to get to work on your new holiday life. Thankfully, we have some Animal Crossing New Horizons tips for that. There is fish to catch (including Stringfish and Sturgeon), bugs to catch, Bamboo, flowers and fruit to grow, hairstyles to unlock, villagers to add, shooting stars to wish upon, tools to craft (such as the new ladder and vaulting pole), materials (such Iron and Gold Nuggets) to find, Tarantulas to catch, wasp stings to avoid and Nook Miles and Bells to make, and of course, a house, museum and most importantly, the town hall and Isabelle to unlock where you can change the Town Tune and check your island star rating. You can also meet Gulliver and Wisp on your travels. Finally - you can take part in multiplayer, download QR code designs, complete your activities ahead of the Animal Crossing daily reset time, use amiibo and learning about the upcoming Bunny Day Easter event and Cherry blossom event.
What were the previous Animal Crossing patch notes?
Here's what was changed in previous patch notes for the game:
Update 1.1.3 (April 3rd)
- Fixed a bug where balloons would not fly under certain conditions.
Update 1.1.2 (April 2nd)
- Fixed an issue where an animal you've invited to move from another island doesn't actually move, leaving the plot of land allocated for them to move to sold and unoccupied.
- How this issue will be resolved in affected save data: After the software is updated to Ver. 1.1.2, the sold plot of land will revert to being available, and a new animal will become able to move there again.
- Note: Unfortunately, the animal that was originally invited to move to your island when the issue occurred will not return to their original island, nor will their plan to move to your island be carried out.
- Fixed an issue where a request from Tom Nook for the Resident Representative to find a plot of land for new residents disappears.
- How this issue will be resolved in affected save data: After the software is updated to Ver. 1.1.2, if the island is developed to a certain point (Nook's Cranny is either under construction or completed), the next time the Resident Representative plays the game, a special event will trigger during the island-wide broadcast and the story will move forward.
- Fixed an issue where, after deleting a resident, it becomes impossible to move their house and/or other structures.
- How this issue will be resolved in affected save data: After the software is updated to Ver. 1.1.2, it will once more become possible to request that these structures be moved.
- Fixed an issue where both Nook Miles and Bells are subtracted when you use Nook Miles Tickets to go on a Mystery Tour and purchase an item from Wilbur.
- Other adjustments were made to improve the game play experience.
Update 1.1.1 (March 26th)
- Fixed a serious bug affecting game balance.
When will future Animal Crossing updates arrive?
Though we've only seen the first updates for the game, we anticipate any future patches - such as for seasonal events - to arrive in the early hours UK time (around 1am GMT), based on when Nintendo has released previous game updates and download releases.