The Fortnite helicopter is a new vehicle type introduced alongside Chapter 2 Season 2.
The Choppa isn't the game's first aerial vehicle (the X-4 Stormwing from Season 7 lays claim to that) but it does offer the fastest way to traverse the map since the arrival of Chapter 2 - provided you know the helicopter locations of course.
Though most are in obvious locations, there are a few others you might not know about - which is perfect for when everyone is landing in the same location fighting over the controls.
On this page:
Fortnite helicopter locations: Where to find the Choppa in Fortnite
Fortnite's helicopter, as with the X-4 Stormwing before it, spawns in the same way other vehicles in the game will - in specific locations, but usually only so many at a time.
There is one useful shorthand to follow - if there is a helipad within a location, a Choppa can spawn there. It's not guaranteed, but since this covers the vast majority of Season 2's new 'spy' themed-locations, we already know where to get started.
Possible Fortnite Choppa locations include:
More specifically, these are:
- Fortnite Season 2's five new major map locations - The Grotto, The Shark, The Rig, The Agency and The Yacht.
- Several other landmark locations, such as the snow-covered mountain to the south-east, FM Radio on the mountain top to the north-east, and the Shadow Safe House location underneath Pleasant Park, which can be accessed via the football field on the south side.
Again - there's no guarantee of finding a Choppa at all these locations, but it is only possible at the above. More locations might be added over time, especially as the map updates, so be sure to keep an eye out!
Fortnite Season 2 has arrived! With it comes new Battle Pass skins Maya, Midas and Meowscles, Deadpool challenges, new map changes, the addition of henchmen, phonebooth disguises and ID scanners, Shadow Safe Houses, Skye's coastal campsite locations, sentry cameras and Helicopter locations.
What else do you need to know about the helicopter in Fortnite?
Once you have found a helicopter, though flying is fairly self explanatory - the controls will appear on the screen - you should know height is controlled independently, allowing you to vertically go up and down without moving, which is new for a Fortnite vehicle. Pretty useful!
Other things you should know about the helicopter in Fortnite at a glance:
- It can hold up to five players total - four riding in the back, and one piloting.
- Though players riding in the back and look and shoot out the sides, the helicopter itself doesn't have weaponry. This means in solo modes, the helicopter can only really be used to traverse the map.
- That said, the rotors can clip onto buildings and destroy trees, so watch how you fly!
- In a nod to Apocalypse Now, you can use a loudspeaker as you fly to play Ride of the Valkyries.
- You can keep the helicopter hovering in the air once you take off - just watch out for other players taking shots!
- If you leap from the Choppa, there will be no parachute - so only do so at a low height or by diving straight into water.