Call of Duty Warzone is a free-to-play battle royale game based on 2019's Modern Warfare.
Available both in Modern Warfare and as a standalone release, it features the usual battle royale staples - a huge amount of players flying into a huge map, with the team left standing as the winner - as well as a few new ideas of its own.
This page explains the Call of Duty Warzone release time and what to expect at launch.
On this page:
Call of Duty Warzone release time in GMT, EST, EDT and PDT explained
The release date for Call of Duty Warzone is 10th March 2020.
This date was confirmed by the official trailer for Warzone, which was released on 9th March. A blog post on the official Activision website released shortly after the trailer also confirm that players who own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will be able to play Warzone a few hours earlier than players who plan on downloading the game.
The release times for players who own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are:
- UK: 3pm (GMT / UK)
- Europe: 5pm (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 11am (EDT / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 8am (PDT / West Coast US)
The download size will be 15-22 GB.
Warzone will be available for everyone to download for free from the following times:
- UK: 7pm (GMT / UK)
- Europe: 9pm (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 3pm (EDT / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 12pm (PDT / West Coast US)
The download size will be 80-100 GB.
Warzone Season 4 Reloaded is here! Check out the new Season 4 Battle Pass skins as well as how to find Red Doors, Uplink Stations and crashed Satellites and use Special Weapons for the Nail Gun. As well as new additions C58, MG 82 and OTs 9, learn our recommendations for the best weapons across the game, including assault rifles and popular choices such as the AMAX, AMP 63, CARV.2, FARA 83, Stoner 63, AK-47, Bullfrog, PPSh-41 and Swiss K31.
What is included in Call of Duty Warzone at launch?
Below you'll find some of the things we expect to be in Call of Duty Warzone when it launches:
- Each match will have 150 players and you'll have the choice of three different game modes - Solo, Duos and Trios.
- A huge map for you to explore, which will include locations, such as Overgrown, from previous COD games.
- A variety of vehicles that will help you cross the terrain. This will also include two-man vehicles, so you won't accidentally leave your teammate behind.
- The Gulag offers a new way to respawn. If you die in Warzone, you'll find yourself trapped in the Gulag; here you'll have to win a one-on-one fight with another player to return to the match. You'll also be able to watch other players fight in the Gulag and possibly stun them by throwing rocks.
- Plunder - Warzone's in-game currency, which you collect by completing a variety of tasks, such as killing other players. You can even use the ATMs scattered across the map to store Plunder and access it in other matches.
- Buy Stations where you can spend Plunder on a variety of Killstreaks and respawn tokens for when you can no longer use the Gulag.
- A Ping System for players who either don't like or can't use voice chat.
If you're still hungering for more information, then we have a report on the Call of Duty Warzone footage leaks.