Modern Warfare Season 2 gives us a number of new updates - including the headline of Ghost and multiplayer map Rust.
Alongside it also comes other additional features, including new weapons and a new Battle Pass.
This page explains the Modern Warfare patch notes as part of the latest Modern Warfare update.
Modern Warfare patch notes: What's been introduced in Modern Warfare's Season 2 update
With the addition of Season 2 in Modern Warfare comes a number of new additions, changes and features. Here are the patch notes for the update, copied verbatim from developer Infinity Ward:
New Operator: Ghost!
New Weapons: Grau 5.56 and Striker 45
- CDL Playlist (Hardpoint, Domination, Search and Destroy)
- Realism Ground War (previously Realism Mosh Pit)
- Adding Boneyard into Ground War rotation
- "I have Rust Issues" - 6v6 Mosh Pit
- Gunfight Snipers 3v3
- Rust: available in 2v2 and 6v6 playlists
- Atlas Superstore: available in 6v6 and 10v10 playlists
- Regiments! (check them out in the Social menu!)
Special Ops Survival: Azhir Cave (Sony Exclusive!)
Akimbo Weapon Perk! (available in Gunsmith)
- * A note from the team: Bazaar and Gunfight Tournaments will go live later in the season!
Fix for the "Focused" challenge not tracking properly
- Added back into rotation
- Removed access to the second floor in a handful of centrally located houses (see the locations below marked in red)
Fixes for various exploits across Ground War maps
Fixed an issue where players could team kill Care Package owners and teammates capturing Care Packages
Fix for Platinum and Damascus camos sometimes having a blinding glare when in certain areas that contain sunlight
Fix for a rare bug that could prevent players from accessing the barracks, weapons, and/or Operators tabs after matches
Disabled the "Copy Loadout" feature
Trophy System: Deploy time has been reduced by about half a second
Fixed a bug that allowed players to get infinite Weapon Drops by cancelling Killstreaks. Killstreaks are no longer usable when the Weapon Drop grenade is equipped
Fixed a bug where objectives were not giving Field Upgrade progress
Perks - Rebalancing
Perk 1 Slots
- Overkill: Switched places with Killchain and will now be in Perk 2
- E.O.D.: Removed hacking ability (added to Spotter perk)
- Double Time: Double the recharge rate of Tactical Sprint
- Quick Fix: Reduced health regeneration delay - any kill will immediately start regeneration
Perk 2 Slots
- Ghost: Remove Snapshot grenade immunity (moved to Battle Hardened)
- Restock: Change the equipment recharge rate from 30 to 25 seconds
- Killchain: Switched places with Overkill In Perk 1
- Pointman: Increase the score gain for Scorestreaks across all modes
Perk 3 Slots
- Tune Up: Increase Field Upgrade cost reduction
- Spotter: Added hacking ability (from E.O.D.); we're currently working on the ability to hack through walls.
- Battle Hardened:
- Added Snapshot grenade immunity (moved from Ghost)
- Added Gas grenade resistance:
- Cough is no longer played when a player enters gas
- Reduced slowdown under gas effect
- Reduced blur when under gas effect
- Fix for some kills not tracking properly when attempting to unlock the Crossbow
- Fixed explosive Fury crossbow bolts to not kill Juggernauts in one hit
- Very slight tuning to the reload speed. We're still fine tuning this one, so more adjusting is in the works!
- Fixed a bug where the Crossbow did not do any melee damage to Deployable Cover
SA87- Smoothed out recoil, increased damage
Increased RAM-7 extended mags ammo count from 45 to 50
*A note from the weapons team! The Solozero NVG Enhanced is supposed to see through smoke, but a rendering bug broke this one optic temporarily. We'll have it fixed shortly!
Operation Harbinger: Fixed an issue with a checkpoint that could cause players to spawn under the map
Keyboard and Mouse
Added Change to Loadout keybinds for Custom Loadouts 6 to 10, allowing players to quickly switch to any of their favorite Loadouts with the press of a button.
Fixed a visual issue where highlighting the usernames of multiple people in a lobby with the mouse cursor could lead to multiple Emblem/Player Card/Level UI elements appearing and overlapping each other.
Call of Duty League
Removed Specialist restrictions
For Keyboard & Mouse Codcasters, it is now possible to bring up player Field Upgrades by pressing a key in the same way as they can with Killstreaks. This also shows the exact progress until each player unlocks their respective Field Upgrade.
Player health levels are displayed in the background of their portraits
Player numbers are now displayed in the minimap and are larger when viewed on the full map
When using the Tracker perk, footprints are now visible even when the Bullet Impacts & Sprays option is disabled in the Graphics tab
Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
What else is included in the Modern Warfare Season 2 update?
Thanks to a number of leaks ahead of release, and now an official roadmap, we have a good idea of what's featured in Modern Warfare Season 2:
- New Operators, including Ghost - available instantly upon buying the Battle Pass - and which appears to be a Tier 100 Operator Skin for Ghost:
- More Operators - Talon and Mace - coming later in the Season
- New maps, including the return of Modern Warfare 2's Rust, and thanks to a further leak, Atlas Superstore, Bazaar, and Zhokov Boneyard.
- Two new weapons - the GRAU 5.56 assault rifle and the STRIKER 45 SMG.
- The possible return of night maps, plus new modes such as Infected Ground War and Gunfight variants
- Season 2 Battle Pass with 100 levels of new unlocks, including weapon Blueprints and COD Points
Expect a whole host of balance changes for other elements of the game as part of a series of patch notes once the update arrives.
Looking for multiplayer help? Learn the best guns in Modern Warfare, how to access Modern Warfare Hardcore modes and Modern Warfare Ground War. We can also teach you how to quickscope. Finally, there's the story, with a handful of Modern Warfare campaign missions to complete, as well as how to kill a Juggernaut in Modern Warfare.
What time was Season 2 added to Modern Warfare?
Original story: The Modern Warfare Season 2 release date is February 11th, and should be available at the following Modern Warfare Season 2 update release times, based on when the first season went live:
- UK: 6pm (GMT / UK)
- Europe: 7pm (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 1pm (EST / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 10am (PST / West Coast US)
Of course, you might have to wait a little while for maintenance and download times for the patch on your chosen system.