Destiny 2's Empyrean Foundation is a community-based fund raising challenge during the Season of Dawn.
Starting from the February 4th, 2020 weekly reset, players all collectively contribute resources at the Obelisk at the Tower.
There are multiple Empyrean Foundation objectives along the way and, like last year's Mars Community Challenge, several Empyrean Foundation rewards for those participating.
On this page:
Destiny 2's Empyrean Foundation objectives explained
Empyrean Foundation centres around the Obelisk at the Tower, which, if you haven't already unlocked, appears when you complete the 'Tribute to the Colonies', 'Cornerstone', and 'A Guardian's Duty' quesst from Saint-14.
To then participate in Empyrean Foundation, you must donate Polarized Fractaline, 100 pieces at a time. Note you don't need to be a Season of Dawn pass holder to do this - all players can contribute.
There are a total of seven stages the community is aiming for, which asks for an increasing number of Polarized Fractaline at each point:
- Empyrean Foundation objective 1: 400,000,000 Polarized Fractaline
- Empyrean Foundation objective 2: 700,000,000 Polarized Fractaline
- Empyrean Foundation objective 3: 1,200,000,000 Polarized Fractaline
- Empyrean Foundation objective 4: TBC
- Empyrean Foundation objective 5: TBC
- Empyrean Foundation objective 6: TBC
- Empyrean Foundation objective 7: TBC
A hologram showing the community's progress will be visible at the Tower Obelisk, allowing you to monitor its progress - which, we assume, is pooled from every player regardless of the platform they're playing on.
In 2020, we've seen several new additions - from the Empyrean Foundation to new Season of Dawn quests, from the Corridors of Time, to Bastion and Devil's Ruin. If you haven't started this new season yet, you can begin by completing A Matter of Time as you collect new Powerful and Pinnacle Gear. Earlier in the year, we've seen the recent arrival of the Garden of Salvation raid challenges, and elsewhere in Year 3 Armor 2.0, K1 Logistics, K1 Revelation, K1 Crew Quarters and K1 Communion locations. There are also several new weapon quests, including the Deathbringer quest, Divinity quest, Leviathan's Breath quest and Xenophage quest. We also have a list of our best Destiny 2 weapons recommendations, which includes Jotunn and Le Monarque.
Destiny 2 Empyrean Foundation rewards
There are several benefits to donating Polarized Fractaline to the Empyrean Foundation. These are:
- Each donation progresses your held Timelost weapon bounties by 25%
- As its Resonance Power increases (by upgrading Obelisks in other destinations) the Tower Obelisk will generate an increasing amount of Polarized Fractaline for you each week
- Donating over 5000 Polarized Fractaline before the Season of Dawn ends will see you receive a Triumph and an Emblem
- If all seven community objectives are met, everyone will receive a Shader
It'll be interesting to see the speed in which players reach each Empyrean Foundation objective.