Evolution Event research tasks are a time limited quest available in Pokémon Go to help you evolve those final couple of Pokémon before the end of the year.
You can find these tasks by spinning PokéStops, as they have replaced some of the current roster of the monthly Research Tasks, which are currently available. Don't be surprised if it takes you a complete of spins to find them!
On this page:
Evolution Event research task rewards explained in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find the Evolution Event research tasks, and rewards, that will be live in Pokémon Go from 5th December to 12th December 2019, starting and finishing at 9pm (GMT) / 1pm (PST) on those days.
Although you can only find these research tasks during this event period, you can complete and claim rewards for the tasks if you hold onto them once the event ends.
Evolution Event research task list:
- Catch 10 Horsea reward - Dragon Scale
- Catch 5 Onix reward - Metal Coat
- Catch 5 Porygon reward - Up-Grade
- Catch 10 Poliwag or Slowpoke reward - King's Rock
- Catch 10 Sunkern reward - Sun Stone
- Evolve 5 Pokémon reward - 1,000 Stardust
- Evolve 10 Pokémon reward - Burmy - either the plant, sandy or trash versions
- Evolve a Feebas reward - 3 Rare Candies
- Use an item to evolve a Pokémon reward - Clamperl
- Evolve an Onix reward - Scyther
- Hatch 7 eggs reward - Sinnoh Stone
- Win 5 Raids reward - Magnetic Lure, Glacial Lure or Mossy Lure
- Win 3 times against the Team Go Rocket Leaders reward - Unova Stone
Thank you to SilphScience from reddit for the help clarifying these tasks and rewards.
It's Day Two of Pokémon Go Fest! Play the Rocket Straight to Victory quest, where you'll face Arlo, Cliff and Sierra, as well as Giovanni. You can also face Palkia and Dialga in raids, and get your hands on Rotom and Unown if you're a ticket holder. 2020 has otherwise seen several new features - such the arrival of Rocket Balloons, the Go Battle League, Remote Raids and the trade evolution feature. Pokemon Go also sees regular events - including weekly Spotlight Hour, monthly Field Research rewards and Pokémon Go Community Day. You can currently compete in the Season 3 Great League and complete the Dragon Week Timed Research.
What else do you need to know about Evolution Event research task rewards?
Like last week's Friend Fest research, there are multiple Evolution Event research tasks for you to complete, with some having a variety of rewards.
The real draw of this event are the item rewards, especially in the case of the Sinnoh Stone and Unova Stone. Usually you can only get these special stones by getting lucky from completing a research breakthrough or winning a Pokémon battle against another player.
If you're in desperate need of either stone, then it's a good idea to research out either of their research tasks, so you can gain your chosen stone and finally evolve that Pokémon!