Terrakion, known as the cavern Pokémon, has made its debut in Pokémon Go.
A member of the Swords of Justice quartet, alongside Cobalion, Terrakion is a rock and fighting-type Pokémon.
Like all legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go, Terrakion is available in five-star raids, so, if you want to add this Gen 5 legendary Pokémon to your Pokédex, you'll want to gather a couple of other trainers.
On this page:
Terrakion counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here's a list of Terrakion counters that will help you defeat it in raids:
- Terrakion type: Rock and fighting-type
- Terrakion is weak against: Fighting, ground, water, grass, psychic and fairy-type
- Terrakion counters: Venusaur, Alakazam, Machamp, Mewtwo, Espeon, Swampert, Sceptile, Breloom, Metagross, Latios and Roserade
- Other Terrakion notes: Since Terrakion has a variety of Pokémon it's weak against you can easily create a strong team to fight it. Though it's a good idea to start with either a grass-type Pokémon or a powerful psychic-type, such as Mewtwo.
Terrakion CP in Pokémon Go
Terrakion should have the following CP ranges:
- Raid Boss CP - 48,457 CP
- Normal CP for catching Terrakion - 2113 CP
- Weather Boost CP (Cloudy and Partly Cloudy) for catching Terrakion - 2641 CP
Terrakion Moveset in Pokémon Go
Terrakion can use a variety of moves, both fast and charged, in Pokémon Go, including:
Possible Fast Moves:
- Smack Down (Rock)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic)
Possible Charged Moves:
- Close Combat (Fighting)
- Earthquake (Ground)
- Rock Slide (Rock)
We've recently seen the first Gen 5 Pokémon arrive - these include new regional exclusive Pokémon, Egg charts, and the introduction of the Unova Stone. Elsewhere this year we've also seen new Adventure Sync rewards, a Jirachi quest, Team Rocket Invasions and freeing Shadow Pokémon, as well as monthly Field Research rewards. Complete the Looming in the Shadows special research quest line to fight against the invading Team Go Rocket Leaders and Giovanni! Finally, we have details on the next Pokémon Go Community Day.
Everything we know about Terrakion
Alongside Cobalion, Virizion and Keldeo, Terrakion is a member of the legendary Swords of Justice quartet who make their home in the Unova region.
The Swords of Justice work to protect Pokémon from the humans who threaten to destroy their natural habitat.
When a war between humans and Pokémon caused the forest fire in the Moor of Icirrus, the Swords of Justice appeared to protect the wild Pokémon. Together they managed to help all the wild Pokémon escape, with Terrakion manipulating the earth to create safe pathways for them to use.
The Swords of Justice were inspired by the The Three Musketeers, written by Alexandre Dumas, pére. Each member of this legendary quartet represents a different musketeer, with Terrakion being inspired by Porthos. Terrakion resembles an oxen for this reason, as Porthos was the strongest, and largest, musketeer.