Shenmue 3 - the sequel even the most die hard of fans would have assumed would never happen - has finally arrived on PS4 and PC.
Though it comes to modern platforms and is powered by a different, more modern engine, this is Shenmue through and through - whether it's pestering villagers or searching through drawers for clues, to playing games of Lucky Hit and completing your capsule toy collection to kill time.
Our in-progress Shenmue 3 walkthrough can help you continue Ryo Hazuki's journey through Guilin as he hunts down his father's killer and solves the mystery of the Phoenix Mirror along the way.
Shenmue 3 walkthrough
Though there are multiple ways to complete a given objective - whether it's the search for a person, a strange object or a location - the game's story unfolds in a linear way and in the following order:
- Shenmue 3 - Asking the villagers about Yuan and the thugs
- Shenmue 3 - Wang Wen's location and Shiren's location in Langhuishan
- Shenmue 3 - Bookie with the facial scar location, how to beat Xuan
- Shenmue 3 - Flower, Bird, Wind and Moon bookie location
- Shenmue 3 - Hide and seek children locations in Sunflower Grove explained
- Shenmue 3 - Xu's house clue locations, what to do next with the picture and name list clues
More coming soon!
Other Shenmue 3 guides
Here's our other Shenmue 3 guides that can help with other aspects of the game:
- White Lure and Diamond P location for Bai Qinghao's Capsule of Love quest
- Future Dream quest and reward choice explained
System explainers and tips
- Fighting tips: How the fighting system, and endurance, attack and kung fu in training work
- Fishing explained: How to fish and unlock new fishing spots
- Shenmue 3 food explained: Best food to buy, stamina regeneration explained
- Shenmue 3 money making and where to exchange tokens explained
Though they haven't tested the full version yet, it might be worth watching Digital Foundry's assessment of the sequel's backer demo: