Death Stranding Episode 5 - Mama has you complete a series of Orders in order to bring Mountain Knot City into the Chiral Network, shortly after the surprise battlefield in Episode 4.
This is a short Episode in terms of Orders compared to Episode 3, but is made much longer by the journey you have to take through a snow-covered mountainous region.
On this page:
If you're looking for more from the critical path, our Death Stranding walkthrough can help.
Order 41: Building Materials Delivery: Waystation North of Mountain Knot City
- Objective: To start this, you need to head to Distribution Centre South of Port Knot City. This then has you take cargo to new location 'Waystation North of Mountain Knot City' in the north-west.
- Tips: We highly recommend taking a bike for this long journey round the mountain - more so than a truck, which might struggle with the bumpy terrain. You might be tempted to take some of the lethal weapons you collected in Episode 4, but doing so is off limits - anyone you kill will result in void outs, so continue using your stun weapons. As for the journey itself, you'll pass by some Mules before you reach the edge of the mountain, then as you turn, you'll cross through an area with BTs. We recommend taking a slow ride along the edge of the river to the south to evade them.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Waystation North of Mountain Knot City' to UCA Chiral Network, 'Breath In' sound data, Chemicals can be used at UCA-affiliated facilities, Armour Plate (Lv. 1), Non-Lethal Assault Rifle (Lv. 1)
Order 43: [URGENT] Blood Delivery: Distribution Center North of Mountain Knot City
- Objective: There's a 40 minute time limit to take this cargo west to new location Distribution Center North of Mountain Knot City.
- Tips: With a vehicle there's plenty of time for this order. Between you and Distribution Center North of Mountain Knot City there is an Incinerator. Head there, then go north-west up the mountain. It seems treacherous from the map, but it's not as rocky as you think.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Distribution Center North of Mountain Knot City' to UCA Chiral Network, Assault Rifle Lv 2, Non-Lethal Assault Rifle Lv. 2
Order 44: Antimatter Bomb Delivery: Mountain Knot City
- Objective: Handle the cargo with care as you take it south to new location, Mountain Knot City.
- Tips: You can take it via a vehicle, but you have to watch out for running into rocks. That's the main thing that will damage this - by vibration - and there's three key points that'll do it. One is as soon as you leave the centre - it's surrounded by rocks, so be super careful. Going south of the wetlands is fine, even if you need to speed through Mule territory - but when you start to go east up the river, then you need to drive slow again along the rock-covered banks. Keep going until you see strange structures flanking either side of the river. At this point, cross over, drive through them, then get off your bike and do the rest of the delivery by foot. At this point it should just be a short walk over, and it's too rocky to do so on a set of wheels.
- Unlocks: 'Because We Have To' sound data, the Find a way to change Lockne's mind objective.
Tomorrow is finally in our hands! Our Death Stranding walkthrough outlines how to play through the main story, including Episode 3 missions, the Small Thermonuclear Device and how to find a way to change Lockne's mind, find a way to cross the tar belt and make a decision, and bring this to an end. As you play, you can find Memory Chip locations, unlock pre-order bonuses and have to learn how to fight BTs and Mules, how Death Stranding multiplayer works, and to help you get around easier, how to get a bike and how to unlock fast travel in Death Stranding. Finally, the PC version has exclusive Death Stranding Half-Life cross-over quests.
Order 46: Mama Delivery: Mountain Knot City
- Objective: Complete Find a way to change Lockne's mind to unlock this, then take the human cargo - Mama - all the way from her base to Mountain Knot City.
- Tips: The start of the mission is a BT fight - but you can just flee the radius to end the battle. As for the order itself, there's no real shortcut to this, but you can take a vehicle - as before, a bike is easier with the mountainous terrain. It's probably worth taking the same route you took to get there previously - though with the Chiral Network, it should be a little easier now multiplayer has kicked in.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Mountain Knot City' to UCA Chiral Network, 'Lockne: Connected' hologram, 'Once In A Long, Long While...' sound data, 'Locke: Encouraging' hologram, 'The Machine' sound data, 'Mama: Loving' hologram, 'Mama: Connected' hologram
With that done, Episode 6 is next.