Zelda: Link's Awakening Secret Seashells are collectables you can locate throughout Koholint Island.
These are found in all manner of places - such as upturning the right rocks, digging in the ground with the Shovel, or by finding secret chests.
There's a whopping 50 to find, and you'll need pretty much every key item in the game to locate them all. And though they don't have an immediate use unlike say Heart Piece locations, there are a string of rewards to receive at the Seashell Mansion for your efforts.
All Secret Seashell locations are as follows:
- What to do with Secret Seashells in Zelda: Link's Awakening
- Mabe Village Secret Seashell locations
- Toronbo Shores Secret Seashell locations
- Mysterious Forest Secret Seashell locations
- Goponga Swamp Secret Seashell locations
- Koholint Prairie Secret Seashell locations
- Tabahl Wasteland Secret Seashell locations
- Ukuku Prairie Heart Piece locations
- Martha's Bay Secret Seashell locations
- Animal Village Secret Seashell locations
- Yarna Desert Secret Seashell locations
- Ancient Ruins Secret Seashell locations
- Tal Tal Heights Secret Seashell locations
- Tal Tal Mountain Range Secret Seashell locations
If you're looking for more assistance, our Zelda: Link's Awakening walkthrough can help.
What to do with Secret Seashells in Zelda: Link's Awakening
Secret Seashells can be taken to the Seashell Mansion, found south of Kanalet Castle in the east of Ukuku Prarie.
At certain numbers of Seashells, you'll receive various rewards. In order, these are:
- Heart Piece
- Seashell Sensor (allowing you to detect nearby Seashells)
- Chamber Stone (for Chamber Dungeons)
- Koholint Sword (deals more damage)
- Chamber Stone (for Chamber Dungeons)
Mabe Village Secret Seashell locations
- Chop down the bushes just north of the Trendy Game hut to find a Secret Seashell location among them.
- With the Shovel, enter the right half of BowWow's owner's house and dig in the lower right corner.
- Two can be found by playing the Trendy Game. If they don't appear, keep winning prizes and completing dungeons until it does.
- Two can be found by playing the Fishing game. If they don't appear, keep progressing through dungeons and landing bigger and more unusual fish until they do.
Toronbo Shores Secret Seashell locations
- Once you have Bombs in your possession, return to the Tail Cave dungeon and bomb the cracked wall on the left side of the long central room. Inside is a chest with a Secret Seashell location.
- Using the shovel, dig to the left of where you found the sword location on the beach for a Secret Seashell.
- When you have the Pegasus Boots, dash into the standalone tree left of the Tail Cave dungeon entrance for a Seashell.
- When you have the Pegasus Boots, head to the lower left corner, where there are four trees on an upper ledge. Dash into the lower right tree for a Seashell.
Mysterious Forest Secret Seashell locations
- Using the shovel, dig at the boundary between the Mysterious Forest and Goponga Swamp to find a Seashell buried in the ground.
- Using the shovel, dig in the middle of the patch of blue flowers to find a Secret Seashell.
- Once you have the Power Gauntlet, lift the rock to the south of the Mysterious Forest to find a chest with a Secret Seashell inside.
Goponga Swamp Secret Seashell locations
- Before you get to the Goponga Swamp proper, go to the area just above the telephone hut. You can dig to the right with the Shovel for a Seashell.
Koholint Prairie Secret Seashell locations
- When you have the Power Gauntlet from the second Bottle Grotto dungeon, lift up one of the rocks next to the sign in the upper left corner, north of the cave where you rescued BowWow.
- There is a Heart Pieces if you play through enough of Dampe's Chamber Dungeon trials. Remember to unlock more trials, keep completing dungeons.
- Using the Shovel, dig just below and right of the stairs leading to the the pink ghost grave for a Seashell.
Tabahl Wasteland Secret Seashell locations
- On the right side of this haunted-looking location, use the Shovel to find a Seashell.
Ukuku Prairie Heart Piece locations
- When you have the Pegasus Boots, run into the tree next to the Telephone Hut in the west to drop a Seashell.
- Go right of the Ukuku Prairie warp point until you come to a giant cracked skull blocking your path. Bomb it then use the Shovel underneath to find a Seashell.
- In the passage between Richard's House and the Pothole Field you can open a chest with a Seashell inside.
- Above the Key Cavern entrance is a set of steps and an elevated area with two enemies. With the Shovel, dig in between the patches of grass in the upper left corner for a Seashell.
- Once you have the Flippers, head to the water next to the Key Cavern entrance, and swim to the northern island. Chop down the bush for a Seashell.
- South of Kanalet Castle is a maze of round rocks. If you lift a boulder midway on the right you'll receive a Seashell.
- South of Kanalet Castle is a maze of round rocks and a cave entrance that's technically in Martha's Bay. Head inside, bomb the cracked left wall and head up through the cave until you emerge outside onto a cliff top with a Stone Owl. Dig left and down of the Stone Owl with the Shovel for a Seashell.
- In the north of Ukuku Pairie is Kanalet Castle. Once you have the Hookshot, you can progress past the potholes to the left of the entrance to reach a staircase going down. Inside is a chest with a Seashell.
- In the north of Ukuku Pairie is Kanalet Castle. Once you have the Hookshot, you can progress past the potholes to the left to enter the moat. With the Flippers, swim to the north-west corner to find a waterfall and a sunken Seashell location.
- East of Kanalet Castle is the Seashell Mansion. Chop down the bushes on the right for a Seashell.
Martha's Bay Secret Seashell locations
- Once you have the Power Gauntlet, you can enter the left side of Martha's Bay, a location found at the end of Toronbo Shores. There is a hut, with a Secret Seashell inside one of the pots on the right. (This is the same as the one you have to visit as part of the pink ghost quest.)
- Just to the right of the Telephone Hut in the south of Martha's Bay is a corner with grass and a bush. Chop down the bush for a Seashell location.
- To the south of the Telephone Hut in the south of Martha's Bay you can swim out to an island. Chop down the bush for a Seashell location.
- North-east of where you find the Mermaid Statue (directly east of Catfish's Maw) is a Stone Owl. Use the Shovel to dig to the left for a Seashell location.
Animal Village Secret Seashell locations
- Get as far as giving Mr. Write the letter in the trading sequence, then talk to Christine back in Animal Village. She will give you a Secret Seashell.
- Once you have completed the trading sequence and acquired the Magnifying Lens, enter the seemingly empty house in the upper right corner to find you can now see a Zora, who will give you a Secret Seashell.
Yarna Desert Secret Seashell locations
- In the upper right of the Yarna Desert is a Stone Owl. Go directly south, and in the dead end of the cactus formation, dig with the Shovel to find a Seashell.
- Make your way to the south-east corner of the desert, where you can access a high up passage that results in a dead end. Move the rocks here for a Seashell location.
- Once you have use Marin to awaken the Walrus and access the Yarna Desert, return to that same spot after you have been taught Ballad of the Wind Fish by Marin on the Ocarina. Play it here to receive a Secret Seashell from the Walrus.
Ancient Ruins Secret Seashell locations
- When exploring the Ancient Ruins, you can move against certain statues to bring them to life. Do this with some in a closed off area in the north - you have to work your way through the ruins clockwise to reach - to reveal a secret staircase. Inside is a cave with a chest and a Secret Seashell.
- North of the Ancient Ruins is a rock maze that you need to navigate on the way to the Face Shrine in the upper left. Instead, make your way to the upper right of the maze, where there's a standalone rock in the corner. Move it to find a Seashell.
Tal Tal Heights Secret Seashell locations
- When you have activated the Warp Point by where you used the Key to open the way to Angler's Tunnel, throw a bomb inside the pit on the right to receive a Seashell in return.
- In the rapids mini-game, reach reach the right-most island (use the Hookshot to help position the raft where you need it to!) and use the Shovel in the upper right corner to find a Seashell.
- If you score a fast time (around 30 seconds) during the 'Rapids Race' mini-game, you'll win a Secret Seashell for your trouble. Make sure you use the hookshot to grab from branch to branch to increase your time.
- When exploring the Face Shrine, you'll encounter a room with two chess pieces and a staircase leading up. Take them to appear on the overworld - specifically, in the middle of the river rapids. Open the chest here for a Seashell.
Our Zelda: Link's Awakening walkthrough and guide can help you with the critical path, including the Eagle's Tower and Turtle Rock dungeons. There's plenty to be done on the side, too - including Zelda Link's Awakening Heart Pieces, Zelda Secret Seashells and the Zelda Link's Awakening trading sequence. Finally, there's also the new Zelda Chamber Dungeons feature to unlock and complete.
Tal Tal Mountain Range Secret Seashell locations
- Once you have the Flippers, go right to where you originally dropped down to access the Angler's Tunnel dungeon. You can now wade through a deeper stretch of water, where there is a sunken Seashell inside.
- Once you have the Flippers, go right of where you originally dropped down to access the Angler's Tunnel dungeon and wade through the deep water to find a cave entrance. Bomb through the cracked wall part-way through this passage, and take it up then south past the room filled with rocks and chests until you are outside again. There is a chest with a Seashell inside on this cliff.
- As you explore the Eagle's Tower dungeon, you'll fight a Hinox in the south-west corner of the second floor. Once done, drop down one of the left-most holes to fall to the outer edge of the floor below. Go to the very north of this outer edge to find a chest with a Seashell.
- Head to the Henhouse Keeper's hut in the middle of the mountain range, and go right across the bridge. The route is then blocked by three boulders. Move them all to find a Seashell.
- Head to the Henhouse Keeper's hut in the middle of the mountain range, and go left to a bridge. Before you cross it, you'll spot a pothole just below you. Throw a bomb in there to receive a Seashell in return. If you keep missing your throws, try and stand as far back as possible.
- As you head across Tal Tal Mountain Range west towards Turtle Rock, you'll encounter a section where there are bouncing rocks as you are climbing up. At the top of here is a series of rocks. Lift up the right-most one for a Seashell.
- In the middle of the Western Tal Tal Mountain Range warp point (it's under the rock after the fire cave you use the Mirror Shield in order to progress) and the telephone hut, use the shovel in the corner to reveal a Seashell.
That's all the Secret Seashell locations done! Nice work!