Xur's location and what Xur is selling this week is never obvious when the vendor arrives in Destiny 2 each week.
Every week - from Friday's daily reset until Tuesday's weekly reset - Destiny 2 is visited by the special vendor, selling rare and sometimes exclusive gear.
He's achieved cult status among the game's community as a result, and is worth paying a visit every week so you don't miss out on his wares.
If you have been accumulating Legendary Shards and have no idea where to spend them, Xur is the person to visit.
Come back to this page to learn his new position and Exotic weapons and armour inventory as soon as he appears, and stay around to learn some of the other things he comes in handy for.
Where is Xur's location this week?
So where is Xur between Friday October 4th to Tuesday October 8th? Xur's location this week is on Nessus, on Werner 99-40's ship in Watcher's Grave.
What is Xur selling this week?
As always, there are four Exotics to choose from - one weapon and an armour piece for each of the game's three classes. The items Xur is selling this week are as follows:
- The Wardcliff Coil (Rocket Launcher) - 29 Legendary Shards
- ACD/0 Feedback Fence (Titan Gauntlets) - 23 Legendary Shards
- Nezarec's Sin (Warlock Helmet) - 23 Legendary Shards
- The Sixth Coyote (Hunter Chest) - 23 Legendary Shards
Note the Power level of the Gear scales below your current level.
From Season of Dawn in December 2019, Xur is also selling an Exotic Engram to replace the Fated Engram that, when opened, will give you a new (class specific) Exotic you haven't collected yet, otherwise it contains a random piece of Exotic armour. You can only purchase one of these per week.
What else should you know about what Xur sells and can do?
For those new to Destiny 2 - or returning from the original game and want to know what's different in the sequel - here's a primer on what Xur offers and what makes the vendor useful.
- There are a few other unknowns as part of Xur's return in Year 3 - now New Light allows open access to all destinations, will it appear on the Moon, Tangled Shore or Dreaming City? What about Mercury or Mars? We'll know more for certain in the coming weeks.
- Xur will sell an Exotic weapon and one armour piece for each of the three classes. Even if you aren't playing that class, you are free to buy any and all items on sale, and then stick them in the Vault for your other characters to use.
- The vendor trades in Legendary Shards and not Strange Coins, as with the original game.
- While Xur appeared in social spaces in the original, Xur shows up in planetary patrol spaces as well.
- Traditionally Xur appeared in the game until 10am UK time on Sunday, however the vendor will now stick around until the weekly reset on Tuesday.
- The Exotic weapons and armour Xur sells aren't exclusive to the vendor, instead taking items from the pool of random Exotic drops already available in the game. There's a decent chance he'll have them back in stock in a future week, otherwise you try and get it through luck by decrypting Exotic Engrams.
- Xur will not sell certain Exotics, such as those available as part of Quest lines (including Rat King, Mida Multi-Tool and Legend of Acruis). However from Year 3, PlayStation exclusives are now available.
- In the original there were a handful of Quest lines that require you to visit Xur as part of completing them. If that's ever the case in the sequel, game will tell you when, so be sure to pay him a visit next time he's around and pick up the required item to continue.
Season of the Lost is here, with new Exotics such as the Ager's Scepter and the long-awaited arrival of crossplay. New activities include the Wayfinders Voyage, the Astral Alignment activity and finding Atlas Skew, Trivial Mystery, Enigmatic Mystery, Ascendant Mystery, Data Cache, Parallax Trajectory and Ascendant Anchor locations. Elsewhere, we've seen new Nightfall weapons such as the Uzume RR4, Plug One.1 and Hung Jury SR4. Other recent new features include transmog and materials Synthstrand, Synthcord and Synthweave, the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data used to upgrade it.
- In the original Xur had more than just Exotic weapons and armour to sell. He also had a permanent range of items on display, many of which aren't in the sequel. This included a Plasma Drive and Stealth Drive for 23 Strange Coins each (used to upgrade Rare sparrows to maximum speeds, each with a different vapor trail colour), 3x Heavy Ammo Synthesis for 1 Strange Coin and 10x Heavy Ammo Synthesis for 3 Strange Coins (used to instantly replenish your ammo reserves), one Exotic Shard (7 Strange Coins, used to update the level on Exotics), Glass Needles for 3 Strange Coins and 3 Motes of Light (for re-rolling Exotics), and Three of Coins (an item that would increase your Exotic drop rate). You can also exchange 2 Strange Coins for 1 Mote of Light.
- Xur also used to sell Ornament packs with Exotic Weapons, allowing you to pick up a firearm and several new skins to go with it. Though Ornaments are available, these bundles aren't available in the sequel.
- In case you were wondering, Xur is no longer available in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game.
- Xur has made a cameo in another little known online game by Activision Blizzard named World of Warcraft, selling Curious Coins, Gjallar's Horn and Krota's Shield items. Sound familiar?