Guardian Rank is a new way of levelling up that is unlocked once you complete the main story-line of Borderlands 3.
Levelling up your Guardian Rank will allow you to invest in a variety of Bonus Stats, which will give you an advantage over your enemies, especially if your playing in Mayhem Mode.
Alongside the Bonus Stats, you can also receive special rewards if you invest enough Guardian Tokens into a specific set of Bonus Stats.
On this page:
What is Guardian Rank in Borderlands 3?
Guardian Rank is an additional form of levelling that is unlocked once you've completed the main story-line for Borderlands 3.
The purple Guardian Rank experience bar will appear above your regular experience bar.
You will receive Guardian Rank experience every time you complete a side mission, complete a challenge, kill an enemy or do anything else that will reward you with experience in Borderlands 3.
When the experience bar will filled you will gain a Guardian Token.
You can spend Guardian Token on boosting Bonus Stats.
Guardian Rank Bonuses Stats explained
The Bonus Stats that you can spend your Guardian Tokens on are divided into three sets, with each one having a different focus.
There are three different sets of Bonus Stats you can spend your Guardian Token on:
- Enforcer - focuses on Damage based stats
- Survivor - focuses on defensive based stats
- Hunter - focuses on combat enhancing stats
Every time you earn a Guardian Token, you'll be given the choice of two random stats from each set.
Pick wisely - you can only pick one stat per Guardian Token.
Below you'll find the full list of Bonus Stats for each set:
- Gun Damage
- Critical Damage
- Grenade Damage
- Gun Fire Rate
- Melee Damage
- Vehicle Damage
- Max Health
- Shield Recharge Rate
- Shield Capacity
- FFYL (Fight for Your Life) Movement Speed
- FFYL (Fight for Your Life) Duration
- Shield Recharge Delay
- Action Skill Cooldown
- Luck (Rare Drop Rate)
- Recoil Reduction
- Reload Speed
If you're looking for more challenges to complete, check out our guides on the Dead Claptraps, Broadcast Towers, Eridian Writing,Hijack Targets, Legendary Hunts and Typhon Logs and Typhon Dead Drops. If you want some easy rewards, consult our Borderlands 3 Shift Codes and VIP Codes page.
Guardian Rewards in Borderlands 3 explained
Guardian Rewards are additional rewards you can receive from spending your Guardian Tokens.
Each Bonus Stats Set has its own collection of Guardian Rewards, which includes new Passive Abilities and cosmetic items.
You unlock each reward by investing a specific number of Guardian Token in a Bonus Stats Set.
For example, if you wanted to unlock the Leather and Regret Weapon Skill, then you would need to select a Bonus Stat from Survivor Set 10 times in a row.
Below you'll find the full list of Guardian Rewards for each Bonus Stat Set:
- Red Sands Weapon Skin - 10 Tokens
- Inner Fury - Adds 10% Gun Damage to all shots while in Fight for Your Life - 15 Tokens
- Overkill - Excess damage from a kill is added to your next shot - 25 Tokens
- Urban Blammo Player Skin - 35 Tokens
- C-C-Combo - Increases Gun Damage by 2% for 1 second for each shot - 50 Tokens
- Hollow Point - Killing an enemy with a critical hit causes an explosion around them - 75 Tokens
- Leather and Regret Weapon Skill - 10 Tokens
- Resilient - Recover from Fight For Your Life with full health and shields - 15 Tokens
- Dead Man's Hand - Removes aim penalties and allows aiming down sights during Fight for Your Life - 25 Tokens
- Hex Bolts Player Skin - 35 Tokens
- Shield Reboot - Killing an enemy triggers shield regeneration - 50 Tokens
- Emergency Response - Improve Shield Recharge Delay and Rate based on missing health - 75 Tokens
- Dead Set Weapon Skin - 10 Tokens
- Bullet Collector - Ammo pickups provide 15% extra ammo - 15 Tokens
- Tag and Frag - Regenerate a grenade every 10 kills - 25 Tokens
- Burning Bright Player Skin - 35 Tokens
- Topped Off - Action Skill Cooldown Rate increases while at full shields - 50 Tokens
- Treasure Hunter - Increases Luck for 10 seconds after each kill - 75 Tokens