Reading Fortnite patch notes is one of the more anticipated parts of the week for Fortnite players, as each Fortnite patch tends to bring a mix of new limited time modes, new weapons or changes to existing ones.
Each week brings a different focus, so it's worth checking in each time to see what each Fortnite update brings. Note for brevity and clarity, we're only including Battle Royale patch updates on this page.
If you're just getting started, our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks can provide some helpful hints.
When is the Fortnite update patch release day and time?
The Fortnite patch releases vary, but more often than not, tend to release every Tuesday at the following times:
- UK: 9am (BST)
- Europe: 10am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 4am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 1am (PDT)
Fortnite updates sometimes do slip to later in the week - usually Wednesday or Thursday - but almost always before Fortnite Challenges release on a Thursday afternoon (UK / European time).
Fortnite patch notes for content update 10.30 (Battle Royale only), including Moisty Palms
Here are the Fortnite content update 10.30 patch notes for the Battle Royale mode, released September 11th, with credit to Epic Games and copied verbatim from the official Fortnite site.
- Moisty Palms: In this swampy new Rift Zone, you can crouch to disguise yourself as a prop!
- Greasy Grove: A Rift Zone has brought back Greasy Grove, but the neighborhood's favorite food is now tacos. The tacos here are so good that even their smell makes people party!
LIMITED TIME MODES:
- Knock Town
- Team Type: Solo | Respawning: On
- Created by AlanShinohara. Knock Town was a top 3 contender for the LTM Creator Contest!
- Use the grappler to jump around and dodge shots as you one-tap enemies in the air with the Flint-Knock Pistol. The player with the most eliminations at the end of the match wins!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Burst SMG
- Tactical SMG (Also: now available in Playground!)
- Bug Fixes
- Players impulsed by a Shockwave Grenade will no longer destroy a nearby trap without first destroying the building piece it is attached to.
- The Zapper Trap's info card now shows the appropriate 4 stars (indicating Epic Rarity) rather than 2 (indicating Uncommon Rarity).
- Resolved an issue in which the Zapper Trap would not build properly when thrown on slopes or uneven terrain.
- B.R.U.T.E.s will now be launched away if they touch the Floating Island's Cube.
- The B.R.U.T.E.'s Stomp attacks now deal consistent damage to other vehicles.
- Previously, they would deal either double or triple damage to other vehicles.
- The color of the B.R.U.T.E.'s cooldown meter now updates properly to correspond with the cooldown value.
- Moisty Palms
- The Rift Beacon at Paradise Palms has created this new POI! In addition to its swampy nature, this Rift Zone is known for being a good place to keep a low profile.
- While in the Rift Zone, crouching will disguise players as a random prop. They can exit the prop state by using the Primary Fire button.
- Players are still able to take damage while in prop form.
- ADS lets players lock in place and look around for unsuspecting victims.
- Greasy Grove
- A Rift Zone has brought back Greasy Grove! But this time, Durrr Burger is out, and Tacos are in!
- Periodically, Spicy Tacos will rain down from the sky. Their smell is so overwhelmingly appetizing that players in the Zone can't help but dance!
- While dancing, players are invulnerable to damage from others and will regenerate health at 20 HP per second.
- Dancing does not block Storm Damage or regenerate Health in the Storm.
- Spicy Tacos can be consumed for 10 Effective Health (sum of a player's Health + Shield) and a temporary increase in movement speed (40% increase for 20 seconds).
- The Spicy Tacos don't last long - grab them before they expire!
- Community Choice
- Players will get to vote on what's featured in the Item Shop!
- The first community vote starts this week. For more information about Community Choice, check out our blog post.
- Bug Fixes
- POIs no longer load at different distances depending on the angle of approach.
- Resolved an issue in which players would enter edit mode for a building piece that their reticle was not on.
- Reviving a squadmate no longer causes the reviver to get disconnected.
- Bug Fixes
- Resolved an issue in which players were able to damage each other on the Playground Hub.
- Improved the performance of Shield Bubble collisions.
ART + ANIMATION
- When players' characters are near a wall, they will lower their weapon while in their idle pose.
- This is to reduce instances in which the hands of players' characters appear through walls.
- Changed the lace color of the Jets 2019 - 2020 NFL Outfit from white to green to accurately match the real uniforms.
- The Flowerprint wrap no longer appears incorrectly on assault and sniper rifles.
- Damaging a tree no longer places a rock texture on its leaves or causes its wood texture to become transparent.
- Lowered the volume of the open and close sounds of teammates' Gliders by 50%.
- Bug Fixes
- Resolved an issue in which the Battle Bus' audio would be silent for a short period of time.
- Bug Fixes
- Sending feedback during a replay no longer causes players to get stuck in the Player Reporting or Feedback menu.
- Eliminating another player using a Junk Rift Triceratops will now indicate that they were sent to the Cretaceous period in the elimination feed.
- Previously, the elimination feed would say that they were sent to the Jurassic period, but Triceratops only existed during the Cretaceous period. We apologize for this Tyrannosaurus Wreck of an oversight.
- Resolved an issue in which mouse controls would not function properly in some replays.
- Going near ammo no longer causes the "Can't hold more of this item!" message to appear when this action is shown in replays.
- New Settings
- Building and Editing
- Players can now adjust the touch sensitivity settings for both building and editing.
- Toggle Targeting
- Sets targeting to be an on/off toggle or a hold.
- Turning this setting off will require players to hold the ADS to aim.
- The setting is turned on by default.
- Toggle Aim setting now includes touch as well as controllers on mobile.
- Edit Confirm On Release
- This setting will allow players to confirm an edit anytime they release their edit selection.
- Touch Acceleration multiplier
- A value of 1 will have full touch look acceleration, and a value of 0 will have no touch look acceleration.
- This is is not synonymous with sensitivity. Lower values do not necessarily translate to slower look speeds.
- New Button
- Edit Select Reset button
- This button is located in the HUD Layout Tool.
- This will reset the edit state of build pieces upon opening them for editing.
- Added 60 FPS support to the iPhone X.
- Updated autofire reticle to increase visibility when against high value surfaces.
- Autofire adjustments to Drum and Tactical Shotgun.
- Reduced max autofire range to match effective range of projectiles.
- Resolved an issue in which weapons would fire automatically after placing a trap.
- Vending Machines no longer give the incorrect item when using touch input.
- Known issue: Players using the dedicated pickup button may still receive the wrong item. We are working to resolve this.
- Team Elimination count will show the accurate amount of eliminations.
- Fixed an unopenable chest located northeast of the frozen lake in Greasy Grove.
- Corrected mislabeled B.R.U.T.E. buttons on the HUD.
- Emoting while driving a B.R.U.T.E. won't mute all sounds and will not lead to a crash.
- Closing the Settings menu while still scrolling won't make it impossible to scroll again when reopening it.
- Maximum Audio Volume achievable on Android is higher.
- SFX will now play when shots are fired from the Storm Sniper, Green Assault Rifle, Silenced Pistol, and Hand Cannon.
- Quick Heal button won't persist after using the last healing item while in the Storm. It also won't disappear upon entering the Storm.
- Low-end devices can see the writing on World Cup trophies.
- Fire Mode screen will not display pink tiles on Android.
- In Team Rumble, quick slot input won't be blocked by the Goal and Elimination counters.
- We've made some graphical and audio improvements for the following:
- Battle Bus
- Synapse Outfit
- B.R.U.T.E. Navigator Outfit
- Glow Stick Harvesting Tool
- Renegade Roller Harvesting Tool
- Axeroni Harvesting Tool
- Sparkle Supreme Outfit
- Laser Pick Harvesting Tool
- Lollipopper Harvesting Tool
- Star-Spangled Ranger Outfit
- Freestyle Outfit during Emote animations
- Rift Edge Harvesting Tool
- Shifu Outfit
- Dynamo Outfit
- The AC/DC Harvesting Tool will play the proper SFX in the Locker.
- Detonator Backbling will now show on players when equipped.
- Mauler Pickaxe will show swing trail.
- From hotfix on September 5
- Made some balance adjustments. The details of these adjustments can be found in our blog post.
- From hotfix on September 6
- Teammates' arrow markers will no longer disappear in large team modes when the teammates are still visible.
- From hotfix on September 6
- Temporarily disabled Ziplines to resolve an issue.
- We plan to have this issue resolved in the next update.
Chapter 3 of Fortnite has arrived with a new collection of Battle Pass skins! There's a new map to explore, The Foundation skin, earn Victory Crowns, character collection to complete and a new Victory Umbrellato collect. You can also now slide, web swing, find device locations and open vaults!