For the first time, Deoxys will be available in Tier 5 Raids in Pokémon Go.
All four formes of Deoxys - Normal, Attack, Defence, Speed - will be appearing in raids. This means that you have the opportunity to completely fill in the Deoxys Pokédex entry.
On this page:
Deoxys raids release dates and times in Pokémon Go
Deoxys will be available in Tier 5 Raids from Monday 9th September to Monday 16th September.
The start and finish times for the Deoxys raids are:
- UK - 9pm (BST)
- Europe - 10pm (CEST)
- East Coast US - 4pm (EDT)
- West Coast US - 1pm (PDT)
These are five-star level raids and, like with all other raids, once you've defeated Deoxys, you'll have the chance to catch it. Make sure you've stocked up on Golden Razz Berries and have practised your excellent curveball throws to take full advantage of this opportunity.
Deoxys counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here is a list of Deoxys counters to help you add it to your Pokédex:
- Deoxys type: Psychic
- Deoxys is weak against: Dark-, Ghost- and Bug-type Pokémon
- Deoxys counters: Tyranitar, Weavile, Gengar, Absol, Houndoom, Mewtwo, Yanmega, Dusknoir, Honchkrow
- Other Deoxys notes: While Deoxys has no double weakness, its stats change depending on which forme you're fighting, so make sure you adjust your team accordingly.
- Deoxys dates: Monday 9th September to Monday 16th September
Deoxys formes and stats in Pokémon Go explained
The most notable thing about Deoxys is that it has four different formes - Normal, Attack, Defence and Speed.
Each Deoxys forme has its own set of stat levels.
Defence Deoxys focuses, no surprise, on defence, while having a low attack stat. Attack Deoxys is, of course, the opposite, with higher attack stats than defence.
Since there is no speed stat in Pokémon Go, Speed Deoxys has an almost level ground between the attack and defence stats. It does, however, have a slightly higher attack stat.
Normal Deoxys has a high attack stat, with a low defence stat. This defence stat is not as low as the one for Attack Deoxys though.
All Deoxys forms share the same stamina level.
Here are the max set of CP and stat levels you can achieve for each Deoxys forme:
Thank you to Bangalore from reddit for the help with these stats.
Deoxys CP and Moveset in Pokémon Go
Each Deoxys forme has a different catch CP and moveset:
Normal Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1717 to 1806
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 2146 to 2257
- Fast Moves - Charge Beam, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam, Zap Cannon
Attack Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1372 to 1474
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 1716 to 1842
- Fast Moves - Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Dark Pulse, Zap Cannon
Defence Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1228 to 1299
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 1535 to 1624
- Fast Moves - Counter, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Rock Slide, Thunder Bolt
Speed Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1568 to 1645
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 1960 to 2056
- Fast Moves - Charge Beam, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Swift, Thunderbolt
Thank you to Couple of Gaming from Twitter for the help with this information.
Pokémon Go in 2020 begins with the new Buddy Adventure feature, which introduces a variety of perks - including finding Souvenirs - as well as a new trade evolution feature. 2019 saw the release of the first Gen 5 Pokémon, along with new regional exclusive Pokémon, Egg charts, and the introduction of the Unova Stone. Last year also introduced the Adventure Sync rewards, a Jirachi quest, Team Rocket Invasions and freeing Shadow Pokémon, as well as monthly Field Research rewards. Complete The Take-Over Continues special research quest line to fight against the invading Team Go Rocket Leaders and Giovanni! Finally, we have details on the next Pokémon Go Community Day.
Everything else we know about Deoxys
Alongside Jirachi, Deoxys is one of the two Mythical Pokémon that hail from the Hoenn region. Due to its Mythical nature, Deoxys can not be traded in Pokémon Go.
Known as the DNA Pokémon, Deoxys has the ability to change into four different formes - Normal, Attack, Defence and Speed. Due to this Deoxys resembles the shape of a chromosome, which are the molecules that contain DNA.
Deoxys also takes inspiration from aliens and, in the Pokémon universe, is believed to have been created by a mutation of a space virus.
Deoxys made its first in-game appearance during Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire as an event-exclusive Pokémon.