Deoxys, the DNA Pokémon, has landed in Pokémon Go.
Staying true to its category Deoxys has four different forms for you to collect - Attack, Defence, Speed and a Normal Form. Each form has slightly different stats, specialising in either attack or defence.
Like the other legendary Pokémon it shares the Hoenn region with, such as Groudon and Rayquaza, Deoxys will be available in five-star raids, so, if you want to capture one of its forms, you'll need a team of fellow Pokémon trainers.
On this page:
Deoxys counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here is a list of Deoxys counters to help you add it to your Pokédex:
- Deoxys type: Psychic
- Deoxys is weak against: Dark-, Ghost- and Bug-type Pokémon
- Deoxys counters: Tyranitar, Weavile, Gengar, Absol, Houndoom, Mewtwo, Yanmega, Dusknoir, Honchkrow
- Other Deoxys notes: While Deoxys has no double weakness, its stats change depending on which forme you're fighting, so make sure you adjust your team accordingly.
Deoxys formes and stats in Pokémon Go explained
The most notable thing about Deoxys is that it has four different formes - Normal, Attack, Defence and Speed.
Each Deoxys forme has its own set of stat levels.
Defence Deoxys focuses, no surprise, on defence, while having a low attack stat. Attack Deoxys is, of course, the opposite, with higher attack stats than defence.
Since there is no speed stat in Pokémon Go, Speed Deoxys has an almost level ground between the attack and defence stats. It does, however, have a slightly higher attack stat.
Normal Deoxys has a high attack stat, with a low defence stat. This defence stat is not as low as the one for Attack Deoxys though.
All Deoxys forms share the same stamina level.
Here are the max set of CP and stat levels you can achieve for each Deoxys forme:
Thank you to Bangalore from reddit for the help with these stats.
Deoxys CP and Moveset in Pokémon Go
Each Deoxys forme has a different catch CP and moveset:
Normal Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1717 to 1806
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 2146 to 2257
- Fast Moves - Charge Beam, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam, Zap Cannon
Attack Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1372 to 1474
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 1716 to 1842
- Fast Moves - Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Dark Pulse, Zap Cannon
Defence Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1228 to 1299
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 1535 to 1624
- Fast Moves - Counter, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Rock Slide, Thunder Bolt
Speed Forme Deoxys
- Catch CP - 1568 to 1645
- Weather Boost CP (Windy) - 1960 to 2056
- Fast Moves - Charge Beam, Zen Headbutt
- Charged Moves - Psycho Boost, Swift, Thunderbolt
Thank you to Couple of Gaming from Twitter for the help with this information.
Pokémon Go in 2020 continues to add new features, such the arrival of the Go Battle League - which is currently highlighting the Ultra League - and soon, Clone Pokémon. We've also recently had the Buddy Adventure feature, which introduces a variety of perks - including finding Souvenirs - as well as a new trade evolution feature. 2019 saw the release of the first Gen 5 Pokémon, along with new regional exclusive Pokémon, Egg charts, and the introduction of the Unova Stone. Pokemon Go also sees regular events - including weekly Spotlight Hour evenings, monthly Field Research rewards and Pokémon Go Community Day, plus a new Giovanni counters quest - the latest being The Shadowy Threat Grows. There is also the gradual arrival of new Promo Codes to redeem, too.
Everything else we know about Deoxys
Alongside Jirachi, Deoxys is one of the two Mythical Pokémon that hail from the Hoenn region. Due to its Mythical nature, Deoxys can not be traded in Pokémon Go.
Known as the DNA Pokémon, Deoxys has the ability to change into four different formes - Normal, Attack, Defence and Speed. Due to this Deoxys resembles the shape of a chromosome, which are the molecules that contain DNA.
Deoxys also takes inspiration from aliens and, in the Pokémon universe, is believed to have been created by a mutation of a space virus.
Deoxys made its first in-game appearance during Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire as an event-exclusive Pokémon.