Having travelled through the Prime Candidate Program, your new goal is to reach the Ordinary AWE deep within the Containment Sector.
Uncovering the truth behind the Ordinary Altered World Event in Control is going to involve delving deep into the Federal Bureau of Control's secrets. It's doubtful, considering what we've seen so far, that Jesse will like the answers she's seeking, but that Slide Projector has to be somewhere.
On this page:
Need more help in your quest through the Oldest House? Then check out our Control walkthrough hub, with links to all our Control guides.
Continue towards the Ordinary AWE area
Head on through the now open doorway and grab the chest in the right-hand side alcove. Going in the alcove opposite will bring you to a set of stairs to descend.
Take the stairs all the way down and go along the next corridor. Half way down this corridor you'll be attacked by a Hiss Distorted.
After killing the Hiss Distorted, head through the double doors at the top of the stairs. Follow this new stairwell, you'll find yourself in a large room with a broken plane of all things.
Restore the power to use the elevator
To leave this room you need to restore power to the elevator. To do this you need to put those good old electricity boxes onto those sockets.
You can find two of the electricity near each other where you come up the stairs and another in a storage room found on the left-side of the room.
The electricity sockets are:
- Directly opposite you when you come up the stairs
- Near the elevator
- Near the door to the storage room
There is a chest in this room near the elevator and in the storage room with the third electricity box.
Once the electricity boxes are back on the sockets, you can take the elevator to the next floor.
Search for the Slide Projector Object of Power
The moment the elevator door opens, you'll see a horde of Hiss for you to destroy.
After you've killed off the Hiss, you can find a chest in one of the office areas.
Head down the stairs at the end of this corridor and go through the security gate.
Quickly kill of the Hiss Guard waiting for you in the office room, before pressing the red button to open the gate.
Follow the corridor along, popping into the offices for collectables as you go, and kill the Hiss that cross your path. Make sure you cleanse the Control Point at the end of the corridor.
Now, head down the next set of stairs and go through the double doors. Press the red button you find in this office.
When the door rises, you'll find yourself looking at a scale replica of Ordinary, but there's no Slide Projector.
When you try to leave this room, a collection of Hiss forces will be summoned to attack you. Time to destroy the town of Ordinary all over again.
Collectables to be found:
- Research & Records - Reports - Airplane Evaluation Order
- (In one of the office areas when you leave the Transit Corridor North Elevator.)
- Research & Reports - Research - Ordinary AWE Stage 1.A
- (In the security office before the security gates for the Ordinary AWE.)
- Multimedia - America Overnight - America Overnight Ep. 349
- (In the corridor leading the way to the Ordinary AWE.)
- Multimedia - Darling Presentations - Altered World Events
- (Receive before entering the Ordinary AWE.)
- Research & Reports - Research - Ordinary AWE Stage 4.A
- (Next to the projector playing the Darling Presentation before the Ordinary AWE.)
- Case Files - Altered World Events - Ordinary Summary
- (On a counter near the projector playing the Darling Presentation before the Ordinary AWE.)
- Research & Records - Research - Ordinary AWE Stage 2
- (On the floor down the corridor from the Control Point for the Ordinary AWE.)
- Multimedia - Interviews - Dylan Evaluation
- (On the cabinet near the Control Point for the Ordinary AWE.)
- Research & Records - Research - Ordinary AWE Stage 1.B
- (Directly opposite the double doors that are down the staircase that is next to the Ordinary AWE Control Point.)
- Research & Records - Research - Ordinary AWE Stage 4.B
- (On the cabinet next to the double doors that are down the staircase that is next to the Ordinary AWE Control Point.)
- Research & Records - Research - Ordinary AWE Stage 3
- (On a cabinet on the right-hand side of the Ordinary replica in the Ordinary AWE.)
Search for the Slide Projector Object of Power
After killing off the Hiss forces, head up the stairs to your left to reach the office area. Hopefully if the Bureau remade the town, maybe they did the same with the dump.
Journey through the offices and go through the double doors you find at the end. Through these doors you'll find the entry of the Ordinary dump.
Go through the double doors at the end of the office to enter the dump.
Be prepared for a couple of waves of strong Hiss enemies accompanied by Hiss Clusters. As always, make sure you take out the Hiss Clusters first, so that the Hiss can't heal themselves.
If you want to make the fight a little bit easier, head up the stairs next to the doors you enter by. This will take you to walkway overlooking the dump and allow you to take out the Hiss with a height advantage. Hiss Charge will be able to follow you up, but you can easily take them out using Launch.
Eventually a strong Hiss Elevated will appear, called Agent ID R-457. Leave this Hiss for last and then head down into the main portion of the dump. The pillar of trash will supply you with cover so that you can quickly take this out, using a combination of the Service Weapon and your Launch powers.
Exploring the dump, you will find a chest tucked behind Dr. Darling's Lab, one against the far wall of the dump, another one the left-hand side walkway above the dump.
Collectables to find:
- Multimedia - Interviews - Jesse Therapy: Polaris
- (In the second floor office area in the Ordinary AWE.)
- Case Files - Altered World Events - Ordinary Supplement
- (On the floor in the office area above the replica of Ordinary in Ordinary AWE.)
- Correspondence - Office - Dump Cessation of Work Order
- (In the office overlooking the Ordinary dump.)
- Research & Records - Research - Album Cover
- (In the destroyed car in the Ordinary dump.)
- Case Files - Altered Items - Globe Supplement
- (On the topmost floor of the Ordinary dump - go up the stairs to find it.)
It’s time to journey into the mysterious Federal Bureau of Control. Our Control walkthrough can help you through the storyline missions, including Welcome to the Oldest House, Unknown Caller, Directorial Override, Old Boy’s Club, Threshold, My Brother's Keeper, The Face of the Enemy, Finnish Tango, Polaris and Take Control. You can also learn new supernatural powers by completing A Merry Chase, A Good Defence and A Captive Audience. We also have guides on upgrading the Service Weapon, your Abilities, how to use Weapon and Personal Mods, how to unlock every outfit and the solution to the Roulette Wheel puzzle.
Search Darling's Lab for the Slide Projector
Head inside the bright yellow lab, opening the chest inside, and turn on the computer.
Using this computer will bring The Face of the Enemy to close and start Finnish TangoFinnish Tango, the eighth mission of Control.
Collectables you receive upon finishing The Face of the Enemy:
- Multimedia - Darling Presentations - Dylan Faden
- Hotline - Board - Dissent