Reading Fortnite patch notes is one of the more anticipated parts of the week for Fortnite players, as each Fortnite patch tends to bring a mix of new limited time modes, new weapons or changes to existing ones.
Each week brings a different focus, so it's worth checking in each time to see what each Fortnite update brings. Note for brevity and clarity, we're only including Battle Royale patch updates on this page.
If you're just getting started, our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks can provide some helpful hints.
When is the Fortnite update patch release day and time?
The Fortnite patch releases vary, but more often than not, tend to release every Tuesday at the following times:
- UK: 9am (BST)
- Europe: 10am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 4am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 1am (PDT)
Fortnite updates sometimes do slip to later in the week - usually Wednesday or Thursday - but almost always before Fortnite Challenges release on a Thursday afternoon (UK / European time).
Fortnite patch notes for content update 10.10 (Battle Royale only), including Retail Row
Here are the Fortnite content update 10.010 patch notes for the Battle Royale mode, released August 14th, with credit to Epic Games and copied verbatim from the official Fortnite site.
LIMITED TIME MODES
- World Run LTM
- Team Type: Squads | Respawning: On
- 16 Players.
- 4 Teams.
- The team to collect 30 coins fastest wins.
- In the event that two teams collect the same amount of coins, the team that was faster will win.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Unvaulted only in the Sword Fight Squads and Duos LTMs:
- Infinity Blade
- Reduced the environmental damage from 10000 to 600.
- Increased the number of resource stacks contained in Chests in Tilted Town from 1 to 3.
- B.R.U.T.E. updates:
- Added a targeting laser that appears as players load and fire missiles.
- In addition to the B.R.U.T.E.'s gunner, this laser is visible to opponents and teammates.
- This is to help give clarity to all players on where a gunner is aiming their rockets before they're fired.
- Improved visual and audio feedback during the self-destruct sequence.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can now be entered directly from glider mode.
- Updated B.R.U.T.E. spawn logic for large team respawn game modes.
- B.R.U.T.Es will now spawn intermittently throughout the match instead of waiting for Storm phases to end.
- B.R.U.T.E.s abandoned in the Storm will self-destruct after 30 seconds.
- B.R.U.T.E.s will reappear on the minimap after 15 seconds if no player is in either seat.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue in which opponents' B.R.U.T.E.s would sometimes not be visible.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can no longer be used to traverse the map faster than intended.
- The turn rate of B.R.U.T.E.'s turret is no longer framerate-dependent.
- Retail Row
- A Rift Zone has replaced the Mega Mall POI with Retail Row.
- Retail Row now spawns hordes of Fiends who charge at players.
- Fiends may drop a weapon, consumable, or ammo upon being eliminated.
- Fiends cannot go outside the Retail Row Rift Zone.
- Chests and ammo containers will now open when destroyed.
- Known issue: Destroying a Chest or ammo container by destroying the object it is placed on will not open it.
- We plan to have this issue resolved in the v10.20 update.
- Bug Fixes
- The Week 1 and Week 2 Hidden Battle Stars can now be collected.
- Fixed an issue in which the Bush would reset its displayed equip timer if the player tried to activate it multiple times. (Players would still be able to equip the Bush at the intended time, but the displayed timer would be incorrect.)
- Fixed an issue in which Supply Drop smoke would not appear if the box was not in sight.
- Trees no longer turn into different kinds of trees upon being damaged.
- This includes snow-covered trees no longer turning into non-snow-covered trees.
- Fixed an issue in which Chests would sometimes already be broken or opened at the start of a match.
- The 'Welcome to Tilted Town' message no longer loops when players enter/exit Titled Town. It also no longer overlaps Storm warnings.
- Walking over in-motion Bottle/Fancy Flip Toys no longer causes a camera issue.
- Pushed a fix on August 5 to address an Arena matchmaking issue causing players to be matched within a wider Hype range than intended.
- Because players are now matched within a narrower Hype range, some players may experience longer queue times. This is to ensure higher-quality matches.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving Chests being unopenable in Tilted Town.
- Further improved performance to reduce the chance of players landing on POIs with a low level of detail.
ART + ANIMATION
- Plastic Patroller Outfit Visual Update
- Added mud smears, wear and tear, and a brighter outline.
- These changes were added to prevent this Outfit from providing a camouflage effect in certain areas of the map, which was making it very difficult to see.
- All players who previously purchased this Outfit will have the option to refund it without using a Refund Token if they choose to do so.
- Note: This refund option will be available for 30 days, with the timer starting after your next login.
- Updated the Mecha Team Leader Outfit's idle animation to its original version.
- Bug Fixes
- Improved the visuals of the Emotical Wrap on weapons.
- Enabled reverb on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Contextual Tutorial System
- A tip system designed to help guide and teach players new to Battle Royale.
- This system displays tips to players during matches. Each tip appears in situations it is most relevant to.
- Can be toggled "On" or "Off" in the Game Settings tab.
- It is set to "On" by default.
- Updated the Item Shop background.
- Bug Fixes
- The tiles for completed Missions no longer display '0%' and are no longer missing a check mark.
- Suggested Challenges on the map screen no longer take up the entire space or show level-up Missions.
- The tiles for Limited Time Missions no longer display "Soon" when it should display the time remaining.
- In the Battle Map camera mode, the tracking now smoothly follows the path instead of jumping large steps.
- Disabled Storm post-processing in Battle Map.
- Added keyboard bindings to change the playback speed in replays. G now increases the playback speed, and Shift+G now decreases the playback speed.
- Bug Fixes
- Changing the options for the Battle Map camera mode no longer resets the camera placement.
- Battle Map no longer switches to a third-person view when the Battle Bus launches.
- Disabled Squad visibility option in Battle Map when viewing a Solo match.
- Push notifications system
- The system can be managed in the device settings or in-game settings to toggle "On" and "Off."
- Safe zone will be respected on iOS X devices on the Battle Pass page.
- Auto fire will now be applied to players with a Bush equipped.
- Teammates and Quickbar HUDs will be displayed when spectating.
- "Quit" button has been removed on the log out screen.
- A single tap is needed to open the Map after it has been closed with ''X'' at the top of the screen.
- "Push To Talk" button is back while on the Battle Bus.
- Bug Fixes
- Resolved a crashing issue that would occur when leaving the game in the background after completing a match on Android.
- Resolved a crashing issue that would occur when the device was put in sleep mode for more than 10 seconds on iOS.
- B.R.U.T.E. buttons are now named appropriately.
- When players are selecting a match mode, no secondary selection border will appear.
- The "Decline" button in the HUD layout tool will correctly remove any changes made.
- The "Show Help" button will dismiss when entering the Battle Bus.
- The Item Shop page will be centered for devices in 4:3 resolution.
- The Battle Pass page indicator won't duplicate.
- The "Quick Heal" Button will not appear when players are in a Downed But Not Out state.
- Autofire with Scoped Revolver correctly fires.
- Pressing "X" on the Map to close it won't disable right-stick functionality for the 'Razer: Raiju' controller.
- Keyboard's text box won't stay on screen after locking and unlocking the screen while writing a gifting message on Android.
- We've made graphical improvements in the following areas:
- View All Rewards screen from the Battle Pass
- Spray Sale Glider
- Tac Bats Harvesting Tool
- Yonder Outfit variant
- Atmosphere Backpack
- Catalyst Outfit eyes
- Vendetta Outfit
- Updated to look the same as it does other platforms.
Fortnite Season 10 is here! These feature new Fortnite Challenges, including
Lost Spray Can locations, Fortnite Graffiti billboards, Gas Station locations and Fountain, Junkyard and a Vending Machine.
There are also new Prestige Challenges, including visiting graffiti covered billboards and containers with painted window locations.
As well as the above, it's worth reading where secret Battle Star locations are found and the latest Fortnite patch notes.
Looking for some insight into this season's changes? Listen to the latest episode of the Eurogamer Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, SoundCloud and via our RSS feed: