Raikou is returning to raids in Pokémon Go for a limited time.
Though you might have thought it several times in the past - or received it as part of previously monthly Field Research - you might want a higher CP or IV version, or a chance to get that elusive shiny version - which is where learning the various Raikou counters and weaknesses comes in handy.
On this page:
Raikou counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here is a list of Raikou counters to help you add it your Pokédex:
- Raikou type: Electric
- Raikou is weak against: Ground
- Raikou counters: Groudon, Rhyperior, Golem, Donphan
- Other Raikou notes: Ground Pokémon are the way to go with this encounter. Geodude and Rhydon are easy to find and make for powerful Pokémon counters when fully evolved.
- Raikou dates: Monday September 2nd to Monday September 9th
Raikou CP in Pokémon Go
Raikou will have the following CP ranges during the catch and level up phase:
- Raikou Boss CP - 45,435
- Max Raikou CP with 100% IVs at level 40 - 3452
Raikou Moveset in Pokémon Go
Raikou will be able to learn and use a variety of moves in Pokémon Go, including:
Raikou Fast Moves:
- Thunder Shock (Electric)
- Volt Switch (Electric)
Raikou Charged Moves:
- Shadow Ball (Ghost)
- Thunder (Electric)
- Thunderbolt (Electric)
- Wild Charge (Electric)
The first Gen 5 Pokémon have arrived! These include new regional exclusive Pokémon, Egg charts, and the introduction of the Unova Stone. Elsewhere this year we've also seen new Adventure Sync rewards, a Jirachi quest, Team Rocket Invasions and freeing Shadow Pokémon, as well as monthly Field Research rewards. Complete the Looming in the Shadows special research quest line to fight against the invading Team Go Rocket Leaders! Finally, Niantic Wayfarer has been announced and is coming to players soon.