Raikou is returning to raids in Pokémon Go for a limited time.
Though you might have thought it several times in the past - or received it as part of previously monthly Field Research - you might want a higher CP or IV version, or a chance to get that elusive shiny version - which is where learning the various Raikou counters and weaknesses comes in handy.
On this page:
Raikou counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here is a list of Raikou counters to help you add it your Pokédex:
- Raikou type: Electric
- Raikou is weak against: Ground
- Raikou counters: Groudon, Rhyperior, Golem, Donphan
- Other Raikou notes: Ground Pokémon are the way to go with this encounter. Geodude and Rhydon are easy to find and make for powerful Pokémon counters when fully evolved.
- Raikou dates: Monday September 2nd to Monday September 9th
Raikou CP in Pokémon Go
Raikou will have the following CP ranges during the catch and level up phase:
- Raikou Boss CP - 45,435
- Max Raikou CP with 100% IVs at level 40 - 3452
Raikou Moveset in Pokémon Go
Raikou will be able to learn and use a variety of moves in Pokémon Go, including:
Raikou Fast Moves:
- Thunder Shock (Electric)
- Volt Switch (Electric)
Raikou Charged Moves:
- Shadow Ball (Ghost)
- Thunder (Electric)
- Thunderbolt (Electric)
- Wild Charge (Electric)
The first Gen 5 Pokémon have arrived! These include new regional exclusive Pokémon, Egg charts, and the introduction of the Unova Stone. Elsewhere this year we've also seen a Jirachi quest, Team Rocket Invasions and freeingShadow Pokémon, as well as monthly Field Research rewards.