Reading Fortnite patch notes is one of the more anticipated parts of the week for Fortnite players, as each Fortnite patch tends to bring a mix of new limited time modes, new weapons or changes to existing ones.
Each week brings a different focus, so it's worth checking in each time to see what each Fortnite update brings. Note for brevity and clarity, we're only including Battle Royale patch updates on this page.
If you're just getting started, our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks can provide some helpful hints.
When is the Fortnite update patch release day and time?
The Fortnite patch releases vary, but more often than not, tend to release every Tuesday at the following times:
- UK: 9am (BST)
- Europe: 10am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 4am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 1am (PDT)
Fortnite updates sometimes do slip to later in the week - usually Wednesday or Thursday - but almost always before Fortnite Challenges release on a Thursday afternoon (UK / European time).
Fortnite patch notes for content update 9.30 (Battle Royale only), including the new Revolver
Here are the Fortnite version 9.30 patch notes for the Battle Royale mode, released June 25th, with credit to Epic Games and copied verbatim from the official Fortnite site.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Simple, reliable, powerful. Try out this new take on a classic.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fires Medium Ammo.
- Holds 6 rounds.
- 63 / 66 damage per shot.
- Headshot multiplier of 2.
- Available from Floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Loot Carriers.
- Rare Tactical Assault Rifle
- With the unvaulting of the Suppressed Submachine Gun, we wanted to make sure loot distribution in this class of item was well distributed.
- Impulse Grenades
- Pirate Cannon
- Uncommon and Rare Pump Shotgun
- Available in floor loot and Vending Machines
- There's been a lot of feedback around the Tactical Shotgun and Combat Shotgun effectiveness, and so we're experimenting with a world where the Pump Shotgun joins the current shotgun lineup.
- Shockwave Grenade
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare Revolver
- Suppressed SMG
- We feel the Suppressed Submachine Gun can fill a complementary role to the Burst Submachine Gun as a viable alternative.
- Tactical Shotgun
- Availability from floor loot reduced from 8.19% to 5.4%
- Headshot Multiplier increased from 2 to 2.25
- Burst SMG
- Availability adjustments
- Availability from floor loot reduced from 5.03% to 3.1%
- Availability from chests reduced from 18.66% to 10.32%
- Balance adjustments
- Base accuracy increased by 13.6%
- Jumping accuracy penalty reduced from 15% to 5%
- Sprinting accuracy penalty reduced from 30% to 20%
- Base damage increased from 23/24/25 to 24/25/26
- The Burst SMG was dropping a bit too frequently for the role it was intended to fill. Additionally, it was under-performing when compared to similar items.
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
- Availability from floor loot reduced from 0.65% to 0.44%
- Availability from chests reduced from 5.1% to 3.4%
- Flint-Knock Pistol
- Availability from floor loot reduced from 1.97% to 1.32%
- Infantry Rifle
- Increased the Epic and Legendary Infantry Rifle clip size from 8 to 10
- Increased player damage from 18/19 to 20/21
- Drum Gun
- Reduced clip size from 50 to 40
- Reduced fire rate from 9 to 8
- Since the unvaulting, the Drum Gun has outperformed in unintended areas. This adjustment should help create more counterplay in combat.
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Increased damage from 36/38/40 to 38/40/42
- The Heavy Assault Rifle usage rates aren't quite where we'd like. This adjustment to Damage is intended to offset some of the downsides of the weapon.
- Supply Llama
- Increased the material count from 200 of each to 350 of each
- Increased the total number of Llamas per match from 3 to 5