PUBG patch notes are a little less frequent than the equivalent for other games, instead coming around once a month as part of the latest PUBG update.
Updates are also tracked slightly differently - the latest is named PUBG Update #29 for instance, rather than the ususal decimal numbers for games' latest versions - but otherwise things work largely the same. In each big patch there's a new set of things to know and bear in mind, from weapon changes to bug fixes, and everything in between. We detail all of those down below.
When is the PUBG update patch release day and time?
The PUBG patch releases vary in terms of date and time, but more often than not they'll release onto full live servers around the 20th of each month, give or take a few days, at roughly the following time:
- UK: 9am (BST)
- Europe: 10am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 4am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 1am (PDT)
The latest PUBG Update #29 released at 8:54am (BST) on Wednesday 22nd May, for instance, after going live on the PUBG Test Server a week earlier on Wednesday May 16th.
PUBG update #29 is live: here's our guide to the latest PUBG patch notes for update 29 to get you up to speed. Meanwhile, we've dedicated pages on the Sanhok map, Erangel map and Miramar map and Vikendi map, too. If you're after some broader advice, our list of PUBG tips and tricks, PUBG weapon damage stats and the best weapons and best PUBG loot locations can help.
PUBG patch notes for update #29 - what's new in the latest PUBG update?
Here are the PUBG version 29 patch notes for PC, released May 22nd, with credit to PUBG Corp and copied verbatim from the official PUBG site.
Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card
End-date of Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card
- Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card will end on June 5th, when live servers enter maintenance.
- You will have until June 26th to claim earned rewards and purchase items from the coupon shop. See the Grace Period section below for more information.
- Premium Pass and Level Up Tickets can only be purchased and up until live server maintenance on June 5th.
- Time remaining for the Survivor Pass will be displayed in-game for two weeks prior to the end-date.
- When purchasing Survivor Pass Premium, players will be shown the pass end date to confirm whether they want to purchase the pass.
- Once the Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card ends, you can view your achievements and detailed information about acquired rewards, levels achieved, and mission status on the results page.
- You can check your achievement completion percentage for each mission type (Daily, Weekly, Beginner, Premium) from the Missions tab.
- You can view the total amount of rewards acquired on the Rewards tab.
- There will be a grace period for claiming rewards and XP once the Survivor Pass ends, from June 5 until June 26 (prior to Live Server maintenance).
- Level-Up tickets cannot be used during the Grace Period (after the pass ends) but will remain in your inventory and available for use during future passes.
- XP for completed missions can be claimed by using the Claim All button until June 26 (prior to Live Server Maintenance).
- Coupon Shop will be open until June 26 (until Live Server maintenance).
- Remaining coupons will expire once the Coupon Shop is closed.
Vikendi 2nd Rebalance
- Blue zone adjustments
- To support a wider variety of gameplay experiences around Vikendi, the initial safe zone will now be placed in more varied locations and the waiting time between certain blue zone phases has been reduced.
- Phase 1 safe zone now spawns in more varied locations.
- Waiting time between early and late blue zone phases has been decreased slightly.
- Overall match duration subsequently reduced by 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Vehicle spawn rate adjustment
- Vehicle spawn rate has been changed to facilitate the new blue zone settings.
- Increased four-wheel drive vehicle spawn ratio in relation to Snowbikes and Snowmobiles.
- Item spawn rate adjustment
- We have adjusted weapon spawn rates to help facilitate more medium and long-range engagements. Adjustments to available attachments have also been made to offer players more options.
- AR spawns increased by 1.4x
- DMR spawns increased by 2x
- SR spawns increased by 7x
- SMG, Shotgun, Pistol and Crossbow spawns have been decreased slightly.
- Attachment spawns have been increased slightly.
- High powered scope spawns have been increased slightly.
- Cave balance adjustment
- Since the Secret Cave is no longer much of a secret, we have adjusted the loot within to balance it more closely other areas of Vikendi to improve the gameplay experience, while still offering good loot.
- Care Packages will no-longer spawn in the cave.
- High quality non-crate loot will still spawn in this location.
- Increased variety of items spawned in the cave.
- Item pool changes
- Added MK47 Mutant, Halfgrip, Thumbgrip and Laser Sight.
- Removed Win94 and R45.
- Increased Moonlight weather condition percentage.
- Grenades can no-longer be thrown through wire mesh (most notably, wire fences)
Tactical Map Markers
- Added new Tactical Map Markers with 6 different marker types for different situations (Attack, Danger, Defend, Loot, Regroup, Vehicle).
- To use the markers, open the world map and hold right click to reveal the Tactical Map Marker wheel, then move to the desired icon then release.
- Each player can only place one Tactical Map Marker or Standard marker at a time.
- Tactical Map Markers will be shown on the world map, minimap, and compass in the same way as the existing map markers.
Throwabales Crosshair Improvement
- Added new crosshair when using throwables to easily identify the use of overarm or underarm throwing stance.
- Teammates outside of your immediate minimap area will now have their icon and status shown at the at the edge of the minimap. This will help more easily identify the direction and status of your teammates.
Parachuting UI Improvements
- The parachute UI has been improved, made more visible and divided into two gauges, one for current speed and the other a more detailed altitude gauge.
- Improved teammate status UI.
- An icon has been added to show when teammates are freefalling from the plane.
- Teammates' status icons during the parachuting phase which were previously only shown on the map, are now also shown at the bottom left of the screen alongside the other teammate UI.
Flare Gun UI Improvements
- Changed the Flare Gun crosshair to display as a circle when aiming at the correct position to successfully call in a Special Care Package or Armored UAZ.
- Adjusted the Flare Gun status UI displayed after calling in a Special Care Package or Armored UAZ.
- The green flashing light is now removed once the drop leaves the plane.
- Previously, it would remain until the drop had been on the ground for 30 seconds.
Added Spawn Kit Selection Option
- Added Spawn Kit selection option to War Mode, War Mode: Conquest and Normal Mode in Custom Matches.
- When using the Platoon team mode, an option has been added for each platoon to play using a different kit.
- Spawn Kit Selection options
- War Mode, War mode: Conquest
- Original Kits
- AR, Shotguns, SMG, Western, Overpower, Handguns
- Utility Kits
- War Mode Kits: There are 4 kits that include each items based on each concepts.
- Assault: M416, R1895, Lvl 1 Helmet and Vest, Ammo, Bandages
- Medic: UMP, Sawed-off, Lvl 3 Helmet and Vest, Ammo, First Aid Kit, Medic: UMP, Sawed-off, Lvl 3 Helmet and Vest, Ammo, First Aid Kit
- Support: S12K, Scorpion, Lvl 2 Helmet and Vest, Ammo, Grenade, Bandages, Mechanic's Toolbox
- Scout: Kar98K, P18C, Lvl 1 Helmet and Vest, Ghillie Suit, Ammo, Bandages
- Battle Royale
- Standard kits
- Handguns, Shotguns
- Utility Kits
- Battle Kit: Crossbow
- Survival Kit: Adrenaline Syringe, Pan
- Armor Kit: Lvl 1 Helmet and Vest
- Support Kit: Critical Response Kit, Mechanic's Toolbox
New Custom Match Spawn Kit Items
- Added Critical Response Kit and Mechanic's Toolbox to newly added kits. (Custom Matches Only)
- Critical Response Kit - Having this Kit and reviving teammates as usual will get them up much faster than traditional reviving without the Kit.
- Mechanic's Toolbox - Using this toolbox in a vehicle will repair a certain amount of vehicle health.
Added Camp Jackal map to War Mode: Conquest
- Players can now select Camp Jackal (Training Mode Map) for War Mode: Conquest in Custom Matches.
Observer Feature Improvements
- Player List UI Improvements
- Kick and Report buttons now have icons.
- X icon is Kick and Caution icon is Report.
- Report button can be viewed in the player list when watching match replays.
- Damage UI Improvement
- Improved the font of damage indicators while observing.
UI / UX
Store Item Preview UI Improvement
- When previewing an item set which contains multiple items, the preview is divided into three categories to better view the items: Character, Weapon and Parachute.
- Select a specific item from the set to preview an isolated zoomed in version of the image.
- All set items can be equipped and unequipped while previewing.
UI Improvement to Prevent Potential Unfair Advantage while Spectating
- If houses and other map objects aren't completely loaded when spectating teammates, additional UI will now cover the screen to prevent seeing players that wouldn't otherwise be seen.
- Once loading is complete, the additional UI will be removed.
Lobby UI Improvement
- Improved the appearance of icons that looked blurred in 4K resolution.
- Removed third-party account linking button in the top right corner of Lobby.
- Removed all FACEIT Global Summit signs and banners from Vikendi and Sanhok.
- The replay system version has been updated. Existing replays recorded prior to this update are no longer playable.
- Fixed an issue where players could take excessive damage or die when landing at specific locations.
- Grenades can no-longer be thrown through wire mesh (most notably, wire fences)
- Fixed an issue where the screen would shake when ADS and leaning against a wall or the corner of objects.
- Fixed an issue where the game mode would sometimes change when making a team.
- Fixed an issue where some bullets could pass through a wall when firing in specific conditions
- Fixed an issue where the players list would display abnormally when selecting a custom match in the replays list.
- Fixed an issue with a vehicle that slipped more than intended while driving.
- Fixed an issue where the safe zone circle UI would not display correctly under specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue which caused the patch notes to close when clicking a blank area of the notes.
- Fixed an issue which prevented healing items from being used when holding a weapon and performing an emote.
- Fixed an issue which allowed some unintended weapon types to be used from the back seat of an Aquarail.
- Fixed an issue where equipping/unequipping pistols played the sound twice.
- Fixed an issue causing the animation while cooking a grenade from being reset when opening the inventory.
- Fixed an visual issue with the chocoTaco parachute skin for female characters which prevented some elements from appearing on the backpack.
- Fixed an issue where the game result screen would freeze for 2-3 seconds in custom match Esports mode while observing.
- Fixed an issue where loading UI would not display while spectating and switching to a player located more than 1km away.
- Fixed an issue where the Tactical Map Marker would not work while observing after a player died.
- Fixed an issue where the animation would not work when reloading while affected by a Stun Grenade.
- Fixed an issue where teammates UI icons are not applied the priority by their distance when they overlapped from outside of the minimap
- Fixed an issue where post-match screen was displaying incorrectly in zombie mode custom matches.
- Fixed an issue where teammate nicknames and kills were displayed in an incorrect order in post-match screen of a custom game.
- Fixed an observer issue where a moving player appeared to be floating when spectated intermittently.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from being able to place markers around the boost UI.
- Fixed an issue where an error message is output when attempting to replace a cooked throwable with a throwable in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to auto-move forwards in vehicles and parachutes by opening the system menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Adrenaline Syringe and First Aid kit usage sound was not audible when KoreanRating was enabled.
- Fixed an issue with a specific male hairstyle appearance that didn't match the thumbnail.
- Fixed an issue where after unequipping and re-equipping charms, an additional floating charm was generated.
- Fixed an issue where in replays, the smoke UI timer didn't sync correctly when the replay was skipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Tommy Gun's weapon charms would overlap if an extended magazine was attached.
- Fixed an issue where enabling character rendering in the inventory UI caused the mouse cursor to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where items spawned in inaccessible locations at Docks on Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where the player camera could pass through a specific wall at Paradise Resort on Sanhok while standing close to it.
- Fixed an issue which allowed grenades to be thrown through the underside of the parasols at Paradise Resort on Sanhok.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from standing up after being prone under certain hut boardwalks on Sanhok.
- Fixed an issue where lighting effects could change abruptly on stone buildings with curved roofs on Sanhok.