The Fortnite Avengers crossover event is something we saw last year with the arrival of Infinity War - and it's happening all over again.
The arrival of Avengers: Endgame once again combines the world's biggest movie and game in one event, a crossover even Nick Fury would be impressed with.
It all revolves around the Endgame LTM (Limited Time Mode) which pits players wielding unique Avengers-themed items against Thanos and his Chitauri.
Note this particular challenge is no longer able to be completed. That said, there are still plenty of other Fortnite Challenges as part of the Fortnite Season 9 Battle Pass, including catching the Flying Disc Toy and oversized phone, big piano and giant Dancing Fish Trophy locations. There are also daily Fortnite Fortbyte locations to discover and weekly Utopia Battle Star locations. And, for a limited time only, there's Fortnite Two Food Trucks locations as part of the latest LTM too.
How the Fortnite Endgame event works
The Fortnite Endgame event arrived as part of Fortnite patch 8.50. Here are the notes for the mode, with credit to Epic Games and copied verbatim from the official Fortnite site.
LIMITED TIME MODE: ENDGAME
- Thanos and his Chitauri invade the Battle Royale island, in search of the six Infinity Stones.
- Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
- Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
- On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
- Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
- The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
- Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
- The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
- Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in his way when he comes back down.
- Each time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos' abilities grow more powerful and the Chitauri gain health.
- Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (1000->2000)
- Soul Stone (Orange) = Siphon activated (grants Thanos shields only)
- Mind Stone (Yellow) = Jump height doubled
- Space Stone (Blue) = Ground Pound AOE size tripled, damage x6
- Time Stone (Green) = Big knockback added to each hit, damage x3
- Power Stone (Purple) = Laser damage x6
- If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
- If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.
The event will most likely be around for a week - until the next Fortnite Patch drops between Tuesday April 30th to Thursday May 2nd - though it could well go on for much longer.
How the Fortnite Thanos and Avengers event worked in 2018
Regardless of how the Fortnite Avengers / Infinity Gauntlet event returns, here's a look at how it worked last time Fortnite and Marvel teamed up.
The 'Infinity Gauntlet' event is an additional Solo mode that allows players to become Thanos. Once you have loaded in, an Infinity Gauntlet will drop into the map from above.
The first to collect it becomes Thanos, and has to stay alive as long as possible. If defeated, the Infinity Gauntlet is dropped, passing the mantle to another player. When one player remains, they are the winner - just like any other Fortnite match. Expect with an all-mighty supervillain to defeat, of course.
Thanos has several unique characteristics:
- A powerful punch attack that can destroy objects and hurt players
- A laser attack that inflicts damage over time. Any player in the path of this for more than a few seconds is toast.
- A huge jump that allows you to fly high into the air, glide, and land with a smash.
- Additional health and shields to help stay alive longer.
- Location becomes visible to all other players in the match.
Though Epic Games hasn't said how long the event will last, most limited events go on for around a week (so our best guess is until May 15) - play it while it's here!
Get help on the latest Fortnite Challenges, including catching the Flying Disc Toy and oversized phone, big piano and giant Dancing Fish Trophy locations. There are also the latest Read what's last been added with Fortnite patch notes, daily Fortnite Fortbyte locations to discover and weekly Utopia Battle Star locations. And, for a limited time only, there's Fortnite Two Food Trucks locations as part of the latest LTM too.
How to get the Infinity Gauntlet and become Thanos in Fortnite
At the start of the match, the circle will already be visible on the map. This is where the Gauntlet will spawn, so set your sights there.
Unfortunately, the location of the Infinity Gauntlet is dropped at random, and this starting circle is huge. So what are you looking for?
The Infinity Gauntlet drops in from the sky a couple of minutes into the map. The best strategy is to stay in the air until it shows up - remember to change from diving to parachuting to slow your descent - then try and get it.
This is the easiest way to get it, but the best way is through luck. If you can be on the ground nearby when it lands, you can avoid the players drifting above waiting for it to appear. It's a risky strategy, but it can pay off.
If you can't get it out the gate, don't worry, since as soon as someone becomes Thanos, their location becomes known to all players, showing on both the map and the compass at the top of the screen. There will also be a loud announcement, and a beam of light from the found location.
It's time to track down and take on Thanos. He is very powerful and has much higher health and shields than regular players. That said, he's very loud, so you know when he is close. Rare, epic and legendary weapons will also only be available in the match, giving you some much-needed firepower.
Thanos will become a huge target, then, and with players drawing in, you can use this opportunity to get close and get some shots in, ideally while staying hidden, as a single attack or two can kill you.
The balance here is to make sure you are far away enough to avoid his attacks, but close enough to rush in and get the Infinity Gauntlet when Thanos is down.
When that happens, collect the Infinity Gauntlet to become Thanos yourself. From here, hopefully you can stay alive long enough to win the match!