Pokémon Go to Let's Go transfer steps are surprisingly involved, requiring you to sync Pokémon Go to Let's Go on Switch, and also reach the required part of the story in Let's Go before you can do so.
But once you have, you can move any amount of creatures from Pokémon Go to Let's Go - allowing you to complete that Pokédex much faster - as well as gain access to Mythical creatures Meltan and Melmetal.
On this page:
How to connect Pokémon Go to Pokémon Let's Go on Nintendo Switch
First, there are a few initial requirements:
- Both the Nintendo Switch with Let's Go and the phone with the Pokémon Go account need to be in close proximity (i.e. next to one another) with WiFi and Bluetooth enabled.
- You need to have reached Go Park in Fuchsia City, which is about three quarters of the way through Let's Go's story, to transfer creatures from Go to Let's Go.
With the above requirements met, you can start connecting your phone with Pokémon Go to Nintendo Switch.
You can do this by pressing pause on Let's Go, then Options (the Y button), then select 'Open Pokémon Go Settings'. Agree to pair the game with a Go account. It'll then start searching.
Now, with Pokémon Go on your phone, head to Settings, then 'Nintendo Switch' near the bottom. On the next screen, select 'Connect to Nintendo Switch'. Provided Let's Go is searching as shown earlier, it should then appear, and can be paired.
With that done, you can begin transferring Pokémon from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Let's Go.
How to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Let's Go
When the Pokémon Go account connected to Let's Go on Switch, approach the receptionist in Fuchsia City's Go Park (this is located about three quarters of the way through the story) and ask to 'Bring Pokémon'.
Next, choose a Go Park of your choice. This is simply where the creatures will arrive.
Confirm, and then it'll begin searching for Go account activity.
Now it's the turn of the Pokémon Go account on your phone. View your list of Pokémon, and press the Switch icon on to top right. Now any Pokémon you select will be able to be sent to Let's Go. Select as many as you like, then when ready, select 'Send to Nintendo Switch' at the bottom of the screen.
You'll then get a warning and a confirmation when the transfer is complete.
Back to Let's Go. Once the account has been found, agree, and the transfer will take place.
With that being successful, you now have to catch the Pokémon in the Go park you deposited it in. Return to the receptionist, select 'Enter a Go Park' and select the specific Park you transferred the creature to.
You'll then run around inside the park and locate the creature.
Catch it, and it's yours!
If any of the above steps of the phone (Pokémon Go) side of things was confusing, here's a complete video of the process, from syncing to transferring, as well as the Mystery Box and Meltan reward:
Head back to our main Pokémon Let's Go walkthrough and guide hub for all our pages in one place, including detailed, step-by-step help for tough spots like Cerulean Cave, and the Elite Four, plus tough dungeons like Silph Co., Seafoam Islands and Victory Road. Otherwise, take a peek(achu) at our Pokémon Let's Go TM list and all TM locations, Let's Go's starter locations and how to get Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, along with how to get Mew in Let's Go, and how to get Meltan in Let's Go and Go too. Beyond that we also explain how connect Pokémon Go to Let's Go on Nintendo Switch and transfer Pokémon, Catching, catch combos, and how to catch Pokémon, a quick collection of our best Pokémon Let's Go tips and tricks to get you off to a great start, and finally what we know about the Pokémon Pass app distribution event too.
Other things you should know about transferring Pokémon from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Let's Go
Things to know:
- Transferring Pokémon is the only way to add a Mystery Box to Pokémon Go, which will see Meltan spawn on your location of the next 30 minutes. This makes it an easy way to get enough Candy to catch evolution Meltan. However, there is cooldown of seven days for the Mystery Box, whereby another trade to Let's Go is required to open it again.
- There is no way to transfer Pokémon back from Let's Go into Go - so choose wisely!
- Though there is no limit to the number of Pokémon you can transfer from Go to Let's Go, each Go Park area can only hold 50 creatures at once.
- Your Pokémon Go trainer details - including your name - will be visible on the Pokémon in Let's Go after trading.