Assassin's Creed Odyssey is exactly that: a massive, whopping great journey through Ancient Greece.
It's brilliant fun, but that size is also more than a little intimidating if you don't know where to start, with Ubisoft following their usual formula of hurling hundreds upon hundreds of map icons at you from the off.
Here then, you'll find our main Assassin's Creed Odyssey guide hub, featuring all our various, dedicated guides to everything from puzzles to romance, as well as a collection of Assassin's Creed Odyssey tips to get you started and ensure that you don't miss anything special.
On this page:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey guides - all of our Assassin's Creed Odyssey guides in one place
Here's everything we've got on guides to cracking the toughest challenges, puzzles, decisions and dilemmas in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Story and missions:
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey best ending explained
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Kalydonian Boar strategy
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey romance options list
Collectables and activities:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey tips and tricks for getting the most out of Ancient Greece
Here's our selection of tips and tricks for swording and sandling your way around the Mediterranean as efficiently - and better yet, enjoyably - as possible, as assembled by Tom Phillips, who tackled Eurogamer's Assassin's Creed Odyssey review.
- Pick Exploration Mode - this is Odyssey's recommended playstyle, and means you'll spend more time adventuring to do to find where you are headed next. It's a better, more organic-feeling experience.
- Pay attention to Odyssey's level recommendations - you'll find some genuinely tough activities in the game's world, but you should stick to those at your level or a couple above.
- Pick a play style - you have three damage numbers for each of the three main specialisations (hunter, warrior, assassin), and you can do well by investing in skills specific to one and mainlining that.
- About to tackle a tough activity? Open your inventory/map and press up on the D-pad to Quick Save. It's that type of game.
- Looking to off your enemies quickly? Use abilities like the infamous Spartan kick to send them flying off a cliff. The fall damage they'll can be immediately lethal.
- Otherwise, good skills to invest in early are Second Wind (health regeneration) and Shield Breaker (easily take shields off tougher enemies).
- Don't ignore side-quests - just because they're not directly related to the main quest, these side-stories are well-written diversions which will keep you on the game's level curve.
- Don't worry too much about upgrading gear to start with - it's expensive, and you'll quickly find better gear out in the wild.
- Remember to check in with the jobs board whenever you play. You'll get daily/weekly quests from there which reward the premium Orichalcum currency, used to buy outfits which would otherwise be paid DLC.
- Oh, and pick Kassandra! Odyssey's female main character option, Kassandra has the superior dialogue track to her brother Alexios. And haven't we had a lot of stubbly bloke cover stars already?