Destiny 2's Dusklight Shard is one of one several materials you need to Infuse weapons and armour.
You'll find it from a variety of EDZ activities and daily EDZ challenges.
Where to find Dusklight Shards in Destiny 2
Similar to the original Destiny, there are planetary materials to look out for as you roam. These appear at random on the edges of pathways, buildings or perched on structures. One of them is Dusklight Shard, which you'll find in the EDZ.
Like chests, by default they won't appear on your heads-up display and it's only when you are up close that you can collect them.
If you are farming them, then the easiest way is to roam around, using your Sparrow where you can, and keep your eyes peeled for glowing objects, or simply do other activities or Challenges, and you'll naturally come across them.
You can also get Ghosts or use Scout Reports to help display them when you are in a certain radius, too.
As well as out in Patrol, you can receive Dusklight Shards as a reward where you previously received EDZ planetary Tokens. These include:
- Patrol missions
- Public Events
- Opening loot chests
- Defeating high-powered enemies and opening the chest that appears
- Completing Lost Sectors, Adventures and other missions in the EDZ
- Daily Challenges in the EDZ
The annual Moments of Triumph have arrived, alongside the return of Bad Juju. We've seen several other Exotics added to the game recently too - including Lumina and Truth. The start of this season saw the introduction of The Invitation quest steps, Imperials and a higher Destiny2 power level cap. As always, Forsaken activities are still worth checking out - including the Ascendant Challenge this week and Blind Well and Oracle Engine Offering activities.
Destiny 2 EDZ activities explained
The EDZ offers a number of set activities you can view on the map as you play through the game's story and beyond.
Landing Zones / Fast Travel points:
- Trostland (unlocked automatically)
- The Gulch (complete Fury story mission on Io)
- Winding Cove (complete Fury story mission on Io)
- Sunken Isles (complete Payback story mission on EDZ)
Adventures are mini-story missions with simple objectives in return for randomised (but capped) gear. As always, make sure you tackle
Adventures at their recommended Power level.
|Adventure Name||Unlocks Completing||Recommended Power||Reward|
|A New Frontier||The Red War||30||Common / Green Gear|
|Calling them Home||A New Frontier||20||Common / Green Gear|
|Poor Reception||Calling Them Home||20||Common / Green Gear|
|A Frame Job||Poor Reception||20||Common / Green Gear|
|Reversing the Polarity||Fury||160||Upgrade Point|
|Unsafe at Any Speed||Fury||160||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Stop and Go||Unbroken||160||Rare / Blue Gear|
|No Safe Distance||Unbroken||170||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Red Legion, Black Oil||Unbroken||170||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Supply and Demand||Main Story||170||Rare / Blue Gear|
Exotic weapon quests
As well as Adventures - which unlock over the course of the story - once you have completed the main story there are a series of 'Enhance' story missions.
This questline appears in the EDZ (recommended Power Level of 260). Once complete, you'll unlock the first step in getting the Mida Multi-Tool quest.
EDZ has the most Lost Sector mini-dungeons of any planet, and with Challenges often asking you to complete one a day, it pays to know where they are and how to complete them.
- Trostland: Atrium, Widow's Walk, Terminus East
- Outskirts: The Drain, Whispered Falls, Scavenger's Den
- The Sludge: The Sludge, Shaft 13, Cavern of Souls
- Winding Cove: The Weep
- The Gulch: Flooded Chasm
- Firebase Hades: Excavation Site XII, The Pit, Pathfinder's Crash
- Sunken Isles: Skydock IV, The Quarry
Being the largest area, EDZ also has the most Public Events of any area. Use your map to see where and when these begin, and don't forget to try and trigger the Heroic Public Event variant to unlock more rewards.
- Glimmer Extraction
- Destroy the Arsenal Walker
- Cabal Excavation
- Injection Rig
- Taken Blight
- Ether Resupply
It's worth paying attention to the location of the current week's Flashpoint - if it is the EDZ, then you'll unlock a Powerful Gear Milestone after a number of Public Events completed.
Not unlike the 'golden chests' from the first Destiny, each planet has a number of one-off chests you can discover and open. Each one contains three Tokens for that planet, some Glimmer and a chance at a loot drop (up to the 260/270 cap). Though they are marked on the map, our Destiny 2 Region Chests page explains their exact positions.
Cabal supply caches, Servitor locations and other EDZ Challenges explained
Each day at 10am UK time, the server will 'reset' a number of activities in the game. The foremost of these are each activities Challenges, giving you a new checklist of objectives to complete as you explore the EDZ Patrol space.
You will be given three to complete each day. The following is not an exhaustive list as new Challenges may emerge as days go on, but will give you an idea of what to expect and how to complete them.
- Scourge of the Cabal: Defeat 75 Cabal Enemies - Cabal are most commonly found round the bases in the north-west areas of the EDZ - at Firebase Hades and Sunken Isles, as well as the south-east corner of Trostland. Remember completing other activities will help you unlock these, so concentrate on other Challenges and you should get most of your way through this without needing to grind.
- Scourge of the Fallen: Defeat 75 Fallen Enemies - Fallen are most commonly found round the south-east and eastern areas of the EDZ - Trostland, Outskirts, and Maevic Square. Remember completing other activities will help you unlock these, so concentrate on other Challenges and you should get most of your way through this without needing to grind.
- EDZ Scavenger: Gather 10 Dusklight Shards - As mentioned above, these are found at random throughout the planet. It's one of the tougher Challenges due to its unpredictable nature, but we'd suggest performing other Challenges and Public Events, and you should come across them naturally without hopefully needing to grind.
- You Got Served: Destroy 5 Fallen Servitors: - These are the purple and grey spheres you encounter as part of the Fallen. You can find these out in the wild - sometimes as more powerful yellow bar enemies - but your best chance of finding them is doing the Ether Resupply Public Event that most commonly spawns to the south west of the opening Trostland area, which will see you face off with just enough to complete this Challenge in one go.
- Reg Legion Raider - Loot 3 Cabal supply caches: - Find three loot chests within Cabal areas to unlock this. These are to the north west in Firebase Hades and Sunken Isles - you know you're in the right place as there will be Cabal spawning everywhere - and find random loot chests. To make things easier, be sure to use a Scout Report consumable (purchasable from Cayde-6) to highlight chests when you get near them.
- Lost Sectors: Lost a Lost Sector in a specific area - Simply head to the specified area, then find and complete one of these mini-dungeons, with the Challenge completing when you pick up the loot at the end. If you're struggling, our Lost Sectors page can help you find one.
- Event Horizon: Successfully complete a public event - You will find where and when these occur on your map. Don't forgot to attempt to trigger the Heroic Public Event for bonus rewards - though it's not required for this Challenge.
- Walking the Beat: Complete 3 Patrols - First unlock Patrol Missions as part of Cayde's Patrol Milestone set of quests, and pick up and finish three of these mini-missions. We recommended grabbing a kill or drop-based Patrol and then undertaking a nearby Public Event to tick off two activities at once.