Destiny 2's Aklane Dust is one of one several materials you need to Infuse weapons and armour.
You'll find it from a variety of Titan activities and daily Titan challenges.
On this page:
Where to find Alkane Dust in Destiny 2
Similar to the original Destiny, there are planetary materials to look out for as you roam. These appear at random on the edges of pathways, buildings or perched on structures. One of them is Alkane Dust, which you'll find on Titan.
Like chests, by default they won't appear on your heads-up display and it's only when you are up close that you can collect them.
If you are farming them, then the easiest way is to roam around, using your Sparrow where you can, and keep your eyes peeled for glowing objects, or simply do other activities or Challenges, and you'll naturally come across them.
You can also get Ghosts or use Scout Reports to help display them when you are in a certain radius, too.
As well as out in Patrol, you can receive them as a reward where you previously received Titan planetary Tokens. These include:
- Patrol missions
- Public Events
- Opening loot chests
- Defeating high-powered enemies and opening the chest that appears
- Completing Lost Sectors, Adventures and other missions on Titan
- Daily Challenges on Titan
It can also be purchased from Spider, the vendor in Forsaken's The Tangled Shore area.
Moments of Triumph return for another year! Elsewhere, we've recently had the Bungie 30th Anniversary, which adds the Grasp of Avarice dungeon, Strange Coins, new Exotics including the Gjallarhorn and Forerunner. There's more to come in the Season of the Lost roadmap, but until then, we've seen the Wayfinders Voyage, the Astral Alignment activity and finding Atlas Skew, Trivial Mystery, Enigmatic Mystery, Ascendant Mystery, Data Cache, Parallax Trajectory and Ascendant Anchor locations. Elsewhere, we've seen new Nightfall weapons such as the Uzume RR4, Plug One.1 and Hung Jury SR4. Other recent new features include transmog and materials Synthstrand, Synthcord and Synthweave, the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data used to upgrade it.
Destiny 2 Titan activities explained
The planet Titan offers a number of set activities you can view on the map as you play through the game's story and beyond.
Landing Zones / Fast Travel points:
- Siren's Watch (unlocked automatically)
- The Rig (complete campaing missions Utopia and Titan)
Adventures are mini-story missions with simple objectives in return for randomised (but capped) gear. As always, make sure you tackle Adventures at their recommended Power level.
|Adventure Name||Unlocks Completing||Recommended Power||Reward|
|Thief of Thieves||Riptide||60||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Bad Neighbors||Riptide||60||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Siren Song||Utopia||70||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Deathless||Utopia||70||Rare / Blue Gear|
Exotic weapon quests
As well as Adventures - which unlock over the course of the story - once you have completed the main story there's a new 'Enemy of my Enemy' story mission.
This questline appears on Titan with a recommended Power Level of 270. Once complete, you'll unlock the first step in getting the elusive Rat King quest.
Titan has just a couple of Lost Sector mini-dungeons, but with Challenges often asking you to complete one a day, it pays to know where they are and how to complete them.
Being the smallest area, Titan also has the fewest Public Events of any area, with just two. Use your map to see where and when these begin, and don't forget to try and trigger the Heroic Public Event variant to unlock more rewards.
- Destroy the Arsenal Walker
- Witches Ritual
It's worth paying attention to the location of the current week's Flashpoint - if it is Titan, then you'll unlock a Powerful Gear Milestone after a number of Public Events completed.
Not unlike the 'golden chests' from the first Destiny, each planet has a number of one-off chests you can discover and open. Each one contains three Tokens for that planet, some Glimmer and a chance at a loot drop (up to the 260/270 cap). Though they are marked on the map, our Destiny 2 Region Chests page explains their exact positions.
Hive Knights, Fallen enemy locations and other Titan Challenges explained
Each day at 10am UK time, the server will 'reset' a number of activities in the game. The foremost of these are each activities Challenges, giving you a new checklist of objectives to complete as you explore the Titan Patrol space.
You will be given three to complete each day. The following is not an exhaustive list as new Challenges may emerge as days go on, but will give you an idea of what to expect and how to complete them.
- Scourge of the Fallen: Defeat 75 Fallen Enemies - Fallen are most commonly found near the external parts of the Siren's Watch area on Titan. Remember completing other activities will help you unlock these, so concentrate on other Challenges and you should get most of your way through this without needing to grind.
- Arcology Scavenger: Gather 10 Alkane Dusts - As mentioned above, these are found at random throughout the planet. It's one of the tougher Challenges due to its unpredictable nature, but we'd suggest performing other Challenges and Public Events, and you should come across them naturally without hopefully needing to grind.
- The Grand Melee: Defeat 5 Hive Knights: - These are the greyish, tall, bulky walking foes you encounter as part of the Hive. You can find these out in the wild - sometimes as more powerful yellow bar enemies - but your best chance of finding them is doing the Witches Ritual and Arsenal Walker Public Events that spawn near The Rig and Siren's Watch respectively.
- Arcology Reclaimer: - Kill 40 enemies in the New Pacific Arcology. This is simple enough really, just travel to the nearby fast travel point and venture inside looking for foes!
- Lost Sectors: Lost a Lost Sector in a specific area - Simply head to the specified area, then find and complete one of these mini-dungeons, with the Challenge completing when you pick up the loot at the end. If you're struggling, our Lost Sectors page can help you find one.
- Event Horizon: Successfully complete a public event - You will find where and when these occur on your map. Don't forgot to attempt to trigger the Heroic Public Event for bonus rewards - though it's not required for this Challenge.
- Walking the Beat: Complete 3 Patrols - First unlock Patrol Missions as part of Cayde's Patrol Milestone set of quests, and pick up and finish three of these mini-missions. We recommended grabbing a kill or drop-based Patrol and then undertaking a nearby Public Event to tick off two activities at once.
Additional reporting by Matthew Reynolds.