Hack the Planet and Deep Conversation are two mid-level Adventures you'll unlock in Destiny 2, and are available to play in the Nessus planetary area from around half way through the main story.
Here on this page, we'll give you a rundown of exactly how to unlock and then complete the two adventures, as well as a note of what rewards you can expect for doing so.
Before diving in though, note that for more of the same, and a general overview of how Adventures work, you can take a look at our Destiny 2 Adventures hub, with a list of various other Adventures and links to their respective guides, too.
Destiny 2 - Hack the Planet
Hack the Planet is a mid-level Adventure, and can be found on the planet Nessus.
Prerequisites: Complete Looped and Six
Recommended power: 90
Reward: Rare (Blue) loot.
Here's what you need to do to complete the Hack the Planet Adventure and tackle the Network Cyclops:
- Connect Failsafe - Head for the three marked locations and plant the beacons - starting with the one to the south minimises backtracking. There's a Public Event that spawns near here, and it's impossible to avoid getting caught up in it if it's active so watch your step.
- Unlock Nessus Core - Follow the waypoints, clear out the Vex around the Core, and then interact with it.
- Connect Failsafe to Nessus - Climb up the stone structure and make a leap of faith through the glowing ring to reach the device.
- Stabilize Conflux - Shoot the five glowing orange cubes that appear around you, but don't get too close - they pack quite a punch when they explode.
- Stabilize Conflux - Head for the marker and take out more cubes until you hit 100%. There's another Public Event spawn here to complicate matters.
- Collect Mind core - A Network Minotaur will spawn nearby. He's a bit of a tank, and every time you knock his health down by a third he'll teleport to a new location and need chasing down. When he falls, grab the item he drops.
- Rescue Failsafe - Follow the markers through the teleport and make your way through the tunnel.
- Stabilize Confluxes - This can be done either by shooting the cubes that appear around the room, standing next to the Confluxes for a few seconds, or a combination of both. Standing near the Confluxes is quicker, but there are Vex wandering around the area so standing still can be risky.
- Release Failsafe - There's a large Network Cyclops guarding Failsafe. Fire off a few shots, and when its health reaches two thirds it'll surround itself with a large stack of cubes, a fatal mistake - back off and shoot one of them to set off a chain reaction that'll take it out instantly.
Season of the Worthy has introduced new Exotics, including Felwinter's Inheritance, as well as new new Powerful and Pinnacle Gear sources. Elsewhere in Year 3 we saw the introduction of Armor 2.0 and K1 Logistics, K1 Revelation, K1 Crew Quarters and K1 Communion locations. There are also several new weapon quests, including the Deathbringer quest, Divinity quest, Leviathan's Breath quest and Xenophage quest. We also have a list of our best Destiny 2 weapons recommendations, which includes Jotunn and Le Monarque.
Destiny 2 - Deep Conversation
Deep Conversation is a mid-level Adventure, and can also be found on the planet Nessus.
Prerequisites: Complete missions Looped and Six.
Recommended power: 90
Reward: Rare (Blue) loot.
Here's what you need to do to complete the Deep Conversation Adventure and tackle the Network Mind:
- Scan Vex Caches - Some mysterious floating platforms have appeared. Jump onto the first one and interact with the ball in the middle - the floor will become electrified, so jump to avoid taking too much damage but don't jump too high as you need to remain close to the ball. Repeat this process for the two remaining platforms.
- Scan Vex Cache - Return to land, head up the slope, and jump across the small floating platforms to reach another Vex cache. This one deals more of a shock than the others, so be extra careful.
- Kill Vex to gather Collective Data - Vex will spawn on the nearby platforms, and will drop items when killed. Try not to kill any that are stood too close to the edge as they'll drop their item over the side prolonging the process, and watch out for the floors becoming electrified.
- Scan Vex Cache - Head up to the next large platform and interact with it as before - you'll want to clear out a few Vex as soon as you arrive, and again the floor itself will pose a challenge; we'd recommend waiting for it to be safe before jumping on to it, clearing out the Vex, jumping back to the previous platform and waiting for it to charge and discharge again, then return to make your scan.
- Kill the Mind - This can be a battle of attrition - the Network Mind has a rotating shield so your window of attack is limited, there are other Vex attacking you, even the ground has it in for you, and if you miss a jump it's a long climb back to the top. You'll need to constantly move between the Mind's platform and the previous one to have somewhere safe to stand, but depending on luck you may have to make several traversals before you can get any hits in on your target so we'd recommend prioritising staying alive and just being patient.
With that, you're all done! Head back to our hub for Destiny 2 Adventures if you're looking for more on these.
Otherwise, nicely done, Guardian.