Reversing the Polarity and Unsafe at Any Speed are two fairly high-level Adventures you'll unlock in Destiny 2, and are available to play from the EDZ area on Earth once your most of the way through the story.
Here on this page, we'll give you a rundown of exactly how to unlock and then complete the two adventures, as well as a note of what rewards you can expect for doing so.
Before diving in though, note that for more of the same, and a general overview of how Adventures work, you can take a look at our Destiny 2 Adventures hub, with a list of various other Adventures and links to their respective guides, too.
Destiny 2 - Reversing the Polarity
Reversing the Polarity is a fairly high-level Adventure, and can be found on the planet Earth in the EDZ.
Prerequisites: Complete Fury
Recommended power: 160
Reward: Upgrade Point.
Here's what you need to do to complete the Reversing the Polarity Adventure and tackle how to find the Security Data Fragment:
- Test Ikora's Theory - Head for the marker, and interact with the panel.
- Get to the Firebase - Hope on your Sparrow and follow the waypoints.
- Search for Access - Shoot the Legionaries in the area - one of them will drop a Security Data Fragment.
- Force a Maintenance Window - Interact with the nearby console.
- Expose Power Cores/Transfer power core - You'll need to repeat this process three times - stand on the cylindrical platform in the centre until the Power Cores appear, grab one, and then run it to one of the marked sockets. There's a Public Event that spawns in this area, so be careful.
This year's Festival of the Lost has arrived - which includes the Book of the Forgotten and Jurassic Green to unlock. Elsewhere in Season of the Lost, there are new Exotics such as the Ager's Scepter and the long-awaited arrival of crossplay. New activities include the Wayfinders Voyage, the Astral Alignment activity and finding Atlas Skew, Trivial Mystery, Enigmatic Mystery, Ascendant Mystery, Data Cache, Parallax Trajectory and Ascendant Anchor locations. Elsewhere, we've seen new Nightfall weapons such as the Uzume RR4, Plug One.1 and Hung Jury SR4. Other recent new features include transmog and materials Synthstrand, Synthcord and Synthweave, the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data used to upgrade it.
Destiny 2 - Unsafe at Any Speed
Unsafe at Any Speed is a fairly high-level Adventure, and can also be found in the planet Earth's EDZ.
Prerequisites: Complete the Fury story mission
Recommended power: 160
Reward: Rare (Blue) loot.
Here's what you need to do to complete the Unsafe at Any Speed Adventure and tackle Spekkis, Pike Captain:
- Wreak havoc with enemy vehicles - Grab a Cabal Interceptor and use it to lay waste to nearby enemies.
- Ram Enemies with Vehicles - Commit some vehicular enemycide.
- Find the Pike Gang - Grab yourself a fresh Interceptor, then follow the waypoints.
- Take Out Pike Gangs - A couple of waves of Fallen will show up, but they can easily be eliminated with your Interceptor.
- Defeat Pike Gang Leader - Spekkis, Pike Captain has an Arc (blue) shield and it's hard to get the Interceptor to his location, so leap off and take him out by hand.
- Destroy Fallen Walker - If you've done any Public Events you'll probably have been in this situation before - use heavy weapons, grenades, and anything else you have at your disposal to take the beast down.
With that, you're all done! Head back to our hub for Destiny 2 Adventures if you're looking for more on these.
Otherwise, nicely done, Guardian.