Finding Gnome locations is one of Fortnite's many Weekly Challenges.
Completing Search Hungry Gnomes will give you additional XP to help go towards your many Season 4 rewards. Note you'll need to be a Battle Pass holder in order to undertake this challenge.
If you're just getting started, our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks can provide some helpful hints.
Note with the end of this season, this particular challenge is no longer able to completed. There are, however, other Fortnite Challenges to tackle as part of the Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass, including this week's Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs location.
How do you complete Search Hungry Gnomes?
For the Week 8 Challenges, you are tasked with the following:
- Search Hungry Gnomes (7 total, 5 Battle Stars)
Another Challenge this week is the Bear, Crater, and a Refrigerator Shipment location.
Across the map are hidden Gnomes. Like the Gnome challenge from last season, these are hidden throughout the map, but can be narrowed down through their high-pitched chatter. If you hear something strange, you are definitely close to a Gnome.
To help you narrow things down is the 'Hungry' part of the Challenge description. These Gnomes are closed mostly where there's food nearby. Think Taco Shops, Gas Stations, and buildings where drinks machines and other food stores are located.
Even with these clues they are very well hidden, so knowing the specific locations - which are detailed towards the end of this page - will help.
When you find one, you can interact with it. Doing so will make it disappear, and will be added to your total.
Do this a total of seven times to complete the challenge. As with other challenges, you must do these as you play matches (you cannot enter the map without other players), so you'll have to avoid combat encounters as you attempt to find each location.
Looking for more help? Our Fortnite tips and tricks can help get you up to speed as you play around as you unlock the Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass and attempt the current roster of Fortnite Challenges, including Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs location. Elsewhere, you can read about the Fortnite best weapons, how to build in Fortnite, the expected Fortnite Android release date and get the best Fortnite settings.
Fortnite Gnome Locations
Though you need to find seven locations, thankfully there are many more across the map, in a mix of named and unnamed locations They can be a little tricky to find, so knowing specific locations will help.
Here are 14 we've found so far - more than enough to complete the challenge.
1) South of Shifty Shafts is a unnamed location on the side of a road. Enter the Taco Shop and it's nestled in the corner.
2) North-east of Flush Factory is an unnamed location with a large building in the north. This is a giant disco. On the south side, the Gnome is next to some drinks machines.
3) The north-east of Retail Row has a supermarket named 'Noms'. Go through the front door, and go to the north-west corner, where a Gnome is hiding.
4) South of Retail Row is a gas station alongside a road in an unnamed location (it's right next to the Bear, Crater, and a Refrigerator Shipment location). The Gnome is behind the cash machine.
5) South-west of Tilted Towers is a unnamed location with a giant indoor football pitch. There's also a Taco store there, with a Gnome on the left as soon as you enter the door.
6) Pleasant Park has a gas station on the east side. The Gnome is by the shelves in the corner.
7) The west side of the Risky Reels compound is a building with a car on the roof. Head inside and the Gnome is behind the bar.
8) Tomato Town has a huge building with a revolving tomato on top. Enter through the back door, and it's by the bar inside.
9) South-west Moisty Mire has a cafe amongst the makeshift constructions. The Gnome is in the corner, right of the drinks machines.
10) Lucky Landing has a fence with a gate on the south side. Enter through here, and take a right, and enter the first door. The Gnome is in the kitchen area here.
11) Salty Springs has a gas station in the far north-east of the town. As soon as you enter, turn left, and it's next to the drinks machine.
12) Head to the football stadium in the far north-west of the map. On the upper level of the stands are bars in each corner. Behind the counter of the north-east one is a Gnome.
13) Visit Tilted Towers and head to the 'Noms' cafe in the cetnre of the map (it's the small, red-bricked building, with the entrance facing east). The Gnome is situated in the far corner.
14) In Greasy Grove is a huge diner in the north-west corner. Enter by the back entrance, where you'll immediately see a staircase. Head down, and the Gnome is standing in the corner.
When you are done, there are plenty of other Challenges to take on this week - including the Bear, Crater, and a Refrigerator Shipment location - so keep playing!