Shai Yota is one of the many shrines located throughout Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Found in the Lanayru region, it involves the Master of the Wind quest.
Where to find Shai Yota
This shrine is positioned in the Horon Lagoon in eastern Lanayru. We'd recommend, if you have a fast travel point, is gliding north from Mount Lanayru and dropping down into the Lagoon.
However you get there, chat to the Rito that's in the northern part of the lagoon, who will give you the Master of the Wind shrine quest.
Master of the Wind quest solution
Essentially, you must unlock funnels of wind to make the shrine appear, with three primary funnels to find.
1) Take the wind just to the left of the Rito to the platform ahead, and throw a bomb at the rocks to create wind going up.
Use the updraft to go ahead further, and you'll see a funnel drifting from the outside in, leading to more rocks. Throw a bomb at it and it'll swerve that way. Detonate and the first funnel is done.
2) Ride the wind into the centre cave; this is where all funnels must end up. If you go straight out the other side, you'll find a pile of rocks in the middle of the water. Blow these up for the second funnel.
3) Go back into the cave, and find the rock hanging from the top of one of the cave entrances, and blow it up (ideally with a bomb arrow, to make life easier). This is the third funnel.
Want more help? Our Zelda: Breath of the Wild walkthrough and guide steps to completing the game's main quests - including Divine Beasts Vah Ruta, Vah Rudiana, Vah Medoh and Vah Naboris - as well as how to find the Master Sword, Hylian Shield and all Captured Memories locations and Great Fairy Fountain locations, while our Shrines locations and Shrine maps hub explains where to find and solve every puzzle room, including dragon locations and Labyrinth solutions. We also have advice on how to beat Guardians, where to get easy Rupees, tame horses, find how to get cold resistance, fire resistance and heat resistance, and learn the most effective means of cooking with ingredients for bonus effects. We also have a DLC 1 guide and DLC 2 guide, including all Tingle, Majora's Mask, Phantom, Midna outfit locations.
With all three done, a cutscene will show a giant funnel taking you to the lit shrine switch. Stand on top of this central cave, and glide from the top over to the switch. Land on it to reveal the shrine.
Note that the switch is a little temperamental; we landed close to the centre to no avail, and another attempt where we landed right at the edge worked. Keep trying it and you should have success soon enough.
Head into the newly revealed shrine to find just a chest - containing a Great Flameblade - and the altar where you can pick up your Shrine Orb.
While you're here, here are other Shrines within this region:
Lanayru region (9 Shrines)
- Dagah Keek and The Ceremonial Song quest
- Daka Tuss Shrine and Sunken Scoop trial solution
- Kah Mael and Drop and Rise
- Kaya Wan Shrine and Shields From Water trial solution
- Ne'ez Yohma Shrine and Pushing Power trial solution
- Rucco Maag Shrine and Five Torches trial solution
- Shai Yota and the Master of the Wind
- Sheh Rata Shrine, how to clear the thistles, and Speed of Light trial solution
- Soh Kofi Shrine location and A Minor Test of Strength trial solution
If you're after other trials, then our Zelda: Breath of the Wild Shrine locations and maps hub page can help with other regions.