FIFA 18 Ones to Watch cards are a significant, recently-added mechanic in Ultimate Team mode, collecting several hand-picked players under the age of 30 who secured high-profile transfers this summer.
A 'live' version of player cards in FUT, Ones to Watch add an intriguing option for players both on the pitch and in the ever-changing FUT Transfer Market, tracking players form over time.
The roster's changed again this year - and has since been updated following the January 2018 transfer window - so below we'll not only be explaining how OTW cards work, but also putting together a FIFA 18 OTW players list for you to sift through, too.
FIFA 18 OTW cards explained - what are Ones to Watch cards and when are they available from?
In brief, Ones to Watch cards work by changing according that player's in-form cards in Ultimate Team. It means that if, say, Neymar picks up a new Team of the Week card with improved stats of an Overall 94, compared to his usual 92, his One to Watch card will change to a 94 rating.
They're essentially a fantastic invenstment card - but it depends on your own powers of prediction too, as the cards are expensive if you don't get one with luck, and will only improve over time if that player is having a great season themselves.
Here's everything we know about Ones to Watch cards in FIFA 18:
- Ones to Watch are only in packs for a limited time - From launch day on September 29th to October 9th. From then on, they'll only be available on the transfer market, meaning that they function, primarily, as an investment card for fantasy-football style bets on the market.
- Ones to Watch increase according to the latest in-form version of the card - So, if Neymar increases from 92 to 94, then he gets a 94-rated card. If he's even better in a later Team of the Week and gets an 95, then his Ones to Watch card will rise to 95 too.
- Ones to Watch can't decrease in rating - Once they increase, that's the minimum rating the card will have for the rest of the season. It only changes if there's another, higher-rated in-form card released down the line. Even better!
- Ones to Watch are available in any FUT player pack - That means any free packs, purchased packs, or gifts could have a Ones to Watch player inside, so long as the pack features some player cards itself.
- Ones to Watch ratings are updated immediately - As soon as the new Team of the Week or other in-form card is available, the Ones to Watch card will increase.
- Ones to Watch replace their standard versions during the release period - Whilst they're available in packs, Ones to Watch will replace any standard versions of the card. So you can't pack a Romelu Lukaku that isn't a One to Watch card in that first week.
FIFA 18 OTW players list - all confirmed FIFA 18 OTW cards
If you're doing a spot of team-building - and, of course, have already read up on the details like FIFA Chemistry and Chemistry Styles - below we've put together a list of all 23 currently confirmed Ones to Watch cards, their positions, and their base ratings.
A heads up, too, that we've split the list into two - one for the new January 2018 additions, and one for the originals, so you can see the changes at a glance.
January 2018 Ones to Watch Cards:
Original Ones to Watch Cards:
Looking for more on FIFA 18? We've gathered all our individual guides together in our main FIFA 18 tips and guide hub, and if you're playing the game's campaign-like story mode, we have a full Journey: Hunter Returns walkthrough. There are also lists of FIFA 18 wonderkids and the best young players, FIFA 18 player ratings, the best strikers, best wingers, best midfielders, best defenders and best goalkeepers. Elsewhere, we have details on five star skillers and skill moves listed, how to score free kicks, penalties and set pieces, and the FIFA 18 best players by position. Fan of Ultimate Team? we look at FIFA 18 Chemistry explained, the new January 2018 and original OTW Ones to Watch cards, along with best Chemistry Styles for each position, and finally how to earn FIFA Coins quickly and for free.
The key here will be picking the players who you feel will hit the greatest run of form this season. Lacazette, for instance, has had a fairly low-key start at Arsenal, whilst Lukaku has been on fire for Manchester United. But is Lukaku's form a flash in the pan? That's down to your own punting skills to decide.
Our tip? Keep a close eye on the values of the OTW cards that are the only ones for their position, like Ederson - not because they're likely to have better seasons than anyone else, but because they could get a potentially dispriportionate boost to their value on the transfer market.
If that's whet your appetite for a spot of wheelin' and dealin', meanwhile be sure to take a look at our guide on how to earn FIFA Coins in FIFA 18, too.