In one of the first Mega Stone giveaways since the launch of Pokémon Sun and Moon, it's now possible to get your hands on the Mega Mewtwonite X and Y stones via the Mega Mewtwo code.
The two Mega Mewtwos are some of the strongest Pokémon in the competitive metagame - and Mega Stones, being unavailable for transfer via Pokémon Bank, are otherwise impossible to come by - so this giveaway's one to get your hands on as soon as possible.
Without further ado, then, here's how to get Mega Mewtwonite X and Mega Mewtwonite Y with the Mega Mewtwo download code.
Mewtwo Mega Stones code for Pokémon Sun and Moon - download code and mystery gift instructions
Rather than using a QR code like other recent giveaways, such as the one for Magearna, have in recent times, the Mega Mewtwonite giveaway works like the one for Marshadow, with it being tackled via a tried and tested download code for a Mystery Gift.
- Mega Mewtwo Mega Stones code: M2DESCENT
There are a few instructions kindly offered from the official Pokémon site for downloading the code via Mystery Gift. Here's how, verbatim:
- Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, and then Yes again to connect to the Internet.
- Enter your code.
- Watch as you receive Mega Stones.
- Speak to the deliveryman in any Pokémon Center to pick up your Mega Stones.
- Be sure to save your game!
How to get Mega Mewtwo in Sun and Moon and when does the Mega Mewtwo giveaway end?
Mewtwo itself is, unfortunately, impossible to catch in the wild in Pokémon Sun and Moon, however that doesn't mean it's impossible to get Mewtwo and its mega evolutions into the game itself.
Need more tips? Use our Pokémon Sun and Moon Walkthrough and guide for the main story, our competitive training guide for info on IVs, EV training, Hyper Training and bottle cap farming, and breeding explained, our choice of the best Pokémon Sun and Moon starter from Rowlet, Litten and Popplio, as well as an in-progress list of where to find Zygarde Cells and Cores and our guide to the Battle Tree and both Battling and Trading in the Festival Plaza. We also have a list of QR codes list, Z Crystal locations, Mega Stone locations, Eevium Z Eevee User locations for Extreme Evoboost, evolutions for Alolan Forms and other new Sun and Moon Pokémon and fast way to increase a Pokémon's Happiness, plus how to transfer across Ash-Greninja from the Sun and Moon Demo, where to catch the Tapu Guardians, how to catch the Ultra Beasts, and how to download the Munchlax Mystery Gift.
To do so, you'll need access to Pokémon Bank - we explain how to transfer Pokémon from various generations in our Pokémon Bank guide - along with having already caught a Mewtwo at some point along your travels of course. Then, simply follow the instructions above to download the Mega Stones, give one to Mewtwo to hold, and you're ready to go.
- Mega Beedrill, Audino, Mawile, and Medicham - Beedrillite, Audinite, Mawilite and Medichamite download code
- Mega Houndoom, Heracross, Pidgeot, and Steelix - Houndoominite, Heracronite, Pidgeotite and Steelixite download code
- Mega Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile, Banette and Camerupt - Blazikenite, Swampertite, Sceptilite, Banettite and Camperuptite download code
- Mega Tyranitar, Aggron, Manectric, and Abomasnow - Tyranitarite, Aggronite, Manectricite and Abomasite download code
- Mega Gardevoir, Gallade, Diancie, and Lopunny - Gardevoirite, Galladite, Diancite and Lopunnite download code
- Mega Latios, Latias, Ampharos, and Altaria download codes for Latiosite, Latiosite, Ampharosite and Altarianite
Meanwhile, we've compiled a complete list of Pokémon Sun and Moon Mega Stone locations in order to help you out with how and where to find all of them, but above is a quick list of all the Mega Stones you can get via download code specifically.
We finally have an end date for the giveaways now, too,and it's a little closer than we thought. All of the Mega Stone codes will stop working at 23.59 UTC on October 31st, 2017.
With that in mind, we suggest you get on and download the stones sooner rather than later, so as not to miss out if the event were to suddenly close!