PlayStation Experience 2016 live report

Uncharted! Knack! The Last of Us 2! Shawn Layden's T-shirt!

Happy PlayStation day everyone! We're in Anaheim for the PlayStation Experience, which promises to be quite a show - having skipped out on Gamescom and not put on a proper show since E3, Sony should have lots of new secrets to share. Join us live from 6pm GMT for all the show as it happens.

Our live coverage of this event has finished.

Hello. Is this thing on?

Think about it.

Gooooooooooooooooood morning internet!

Or good afternoon I dunno. Anyway, hello, hi and how do you do from lovely Anaheim where we've just taken seats in the convention centre.

Yes there are almost 90 minutes still to go. Yes we're keen. But we've heard what you've heard - that the sequel all PlayStation fans are after is going to be announced this morning.

The question is, what on earth will they call it? Knackered? Knack Harder? Knack Sack and Crack?

The more I think about that last one, the more I like it.

Think about it! It could be two new characters joining Knack on his crazy adventures!

Anyway that's potentially the big news. And who knows maybe there'll be some more stuff too.

In all fairness, I never actually played Knack. Maybe it's amazing!

I don't think I can fill the next 80 minutes talking crap about Knack, I'm afraid.

Nah, it's not.

More like Knaff, if you ask me.

Martin, are you in the auditorium? Can we get a selfie?

Luckily I bought my 3DS with me. Going to wreck some shrubs in Animal Crossing like a pro.

Those orange trees don't know what's coming to them.

Mate, please be careful. If Jim Ryan sees you playing a handheld that's not a PS Vita, you're getting battered.

Right.

It's taken me about five minutes to work out how to take a selfie.

I had two PlayStation PRs helping me do it.

I still think I screwed it.

Wait for it.

Here it comes.

Hang on.

Perhaps the most exciting reveal we're going to see in this livetext.

Any second now.

Right, I can't get this to work.

So, just imagine my face - it's quite big.

And it's in an auditorium quite near the front.

I think I'm going to have to post this for you, Martin.

IT'S REALLY NOT THAT EXCITING.

We've really made a hash of this.

It has taken two PRs and two members of staff to try and bring you this selfie.

And after all that I've totally failed.

THERE WE GO.

This live report hasn't got off to the best of starts has it?

All that and you can't even see the PlayStation logo in that photo. I'm ashamed of myself.

Donlan's in the office by the way. He's been watching this and laughing very loudly.

Anyway. AN HOUR TO GO!

He says "send everyone my love!"

PlayStation PR Hugo Busstops is amazed that we're going to try and keep this live report going an hour before the show starts.

So he's going to give us all the announcements now.

Oh man he's bottled it.

dadrester says:

@porkface if it's not starting for an hour, why aren't you stocking up on free booze?!Far too professional!

IT'S 9AM OVER HERE MAN!

How's he feel about Knack 2? Any thoughts?

Yoshi Ono just walked past wearing a Marvel hoodie.

No idea what that could mean.

Maybe he just really likes Marvel?

He seems a nice man.

dadrester says:

"IT'S 9AM OVER HERE MAN!"But it's Saturday... and the boss is on paternity leave...

Fair points both. I'll go get a beer. What are you having?

Martin, I think I've just seen you in a twitter video: https://twitter.com/itsJenSim/status/805094918712459264

Other celebrity spots so far - Mark Cerny has been floating around (what could that mean!) and Kazunori Yamauchi is also revving his lovely little engine somewhere nearby.

Sadly Sony's Jim Ryan - who I just realised last night while idly thinking about him in the bath, as I often do, would make a great Drax if ever they needed a new one for Guardians of the Galaxy - hasn't made it out here for this show.

However! We'll be getting Shawn Layden, which I'll take.

What t-shirt will he be wearing?

Genuinely excited to find out. This is the one time when wardrobe really matters to me.

Actually who am I kidding, wardrobe always matters to me. Keep it fashion forward.

By the way, Martin. Ono's hoodie is amazing, have you had a closer look?

Hang on - let me grab that picture that's doing the rounds.

Superb.

Ono's disappeared. And I'm in the world's biggest queue in a Starbucks.

Oh, wait a minute, you're in the Anaheim Convention Center!

I was there for Blizzcon a little while ago.

At least they haven't had to change the lighting too much. Blizzard are pretty mad about the colour blue as well.

MARTIN, YOU KNOBHEAD.

Right, I'm back in my chair. Can't believe how close we were to disaster then.

THIRTY MINUTES TO GO!

How do we know this is Martin?

Hello this is Martin I like cars. There you go - proof positive it's definitely me.

Kami says:

Urgh, still reeling from VGA's. There was a man in a robot-shaving razor costume, right? I didn't hallucinate that?

This will be better. I'm sure of it!

Well, I'm convinced! Glad it's you and not that Busstops fella.

The room is filling up here, and there's still a mighty queue outside. Don't be surprised if this starts a little late.

Toaster05 says:

I need to lay off the booze.

No you don't.

People are already shouting 'Fuck Konami'. And we're still 20 minutes away from kick-off.

[STARS]TyranT says:

Hope it does start a little bit, I've a curry ordered I need to get at 5 to the hour. Be nice just incase they hold me up.

I can cause a kerfuffle to make sure it's held back a bit? Wouldn't want you to miss out on your jalfrezi.

Toaster05 says:

But Martin! I'm two jumbo bottles of Leffe down already. I need to slow it down at least. Leffe Brune no less, I am cultured.

That's some heavy stuff. Pace yourself!

There's a pretty amazing atmosphere in here already.

PSX is kind of great for that - it's like E3 but with all the cynical old shits like myself replaced by fans who genuinely care.

There are a few AWOL Sony games I'd love updates on. Well, there's Dreams mainly.

It's been such a long time since we had a decent update on it - the last one I remember was exactly a year ago at PSX in 2015.

Without wanting to spoil anything, there's one game that's being properly unveiled at this show that I'm probably going to lose my shit over.

You'll hear me doing a proper Ned Flanders scream when it hits the stage.

TEN MINUTES PEOPLE.

"Ugh, I hate it when games journalists do proper Ned Flanders screams during keynotes. Reeks of unprofessionalism."

marvzilla says:

New wipeout?.. we can dream :(

Never say never!

Right, pals, I think I'm going to leave Martin to it. I apologise in advance for anything weird he says about the Sony execs on stage.

There should be a decent suite of announcements.

Sony skipped Gamescom, went quite light at TGS and didn't do Paris Games Week either. Also it's Pro reveal event was just weird and doesn't count.

So! It's basically got a lot of stuff stored up. Expect this to be like a mini-E3.

Shporet says:

For a change they can have an announcement that The Last of Us will never have a sequel... that would be cool :)

Would be kind of funny if they just got up and cancelled a load of games LIVE.

FIVE MINUTES EVERYONE! FIVE MINUTES!

The dubstep has begun in the auditorium, which surely means something.

It's certainly getting my bowels moving, anyway.

Toaster05 says:

When will the bass drop?

About the same time as this beef baby I've got in me after last night's dinner.

THREE MINUTES! DING DONG DING DONG!

The dubstep has mellowed to some breakbeat. They're about to drop.

Even after years of being to these, I still get butterflies just as they're about to begin. Sad, isn't it?

That excitement gets downgraded to mild disappointment soon enough though.

Lights are down. The screaming has begun.

If that sounds ominous it's because it is.

And our first game is...

No-one knows and everyone's trying to guess in the auditorium. 'Watch Dogs 3?'

My money's on Uncharted.

It looks like Uncharted, but who's the main character?

Elena, or someone else?

I don't remember those lock-picking mechanics from Uncharted 4.

SHOW YOUR FACE. The suspense is killing me.

Is this a new Crash Bandicoot?

What if this is Knack 2?

Yeah, I'm calling it. Knack 2. Looking pretty sweet as well.

If this is Uncharted, it's taken a very sombre turn.

And the crowd goes wild. The Lost Legacy, Uncharted DLC starring Chloe.

Quite an artful reveal.

Shawn Layden comes to the stage wearing a WipEout t-shirt.

WHAT COULD IT MEAN.

He's like a loveable executive chipmunk.

This is the PlayStation's birthday. I didn't know! I hope there's cake.

'We've been here 22 years, we're not going anywhere'.

I love the WipEout t-shirt. What's going on with those sleeves though?

Dramatic pause, and we're into the first announcement.

Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

Mega Man, Ryu, Iron Man. People are losing their shit here.

Will this be a PlayStation exclusive like Street Fighter? Given its reveal here you'd imagine so.

Dubbed Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

Coming 2017. I believe that CG trailer is all we're getting for now - more tonight at the Capcom Cup.

Someone is standing and screaming. Still.

He's a very happy chap!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is available today on PS4.

Sorry for the screaming. It's just that I really like Shawn and I can't control myself.

I'm genuinely worried some of these people are going to break on-stage and tear Shawn's clothes off.

I mean, I know I threaten stuff like that, but I never actually come near to doing it.

Anyway! WipEout!

This looks like WipEout HD.

And it is - Fury, 2048 and HD all coming to PS4 next summer. Will it get VR support? Hope to find out in the coming days.

Straight into Sparrow Racing for Destiny. I don't think even Destiny obsessives Tom P and Wes care about this one.

Good job there's more - new quests and a challenge mode, plus new gear all coming to Destiny in a festive update.

Again, hope to bring you more on this later - we're down to see this today.

Destiny The Dawning - coming December 13th.

Oh, Icebreaker is back! I'm actually quite into that.

Too busy being snarky to see the reveal of one of my favourite Destiny guns.

And more from Activision.

Crash Bandicoot is back - the remaster announced at E3 is being shown here this weekend.

Do I have to be the one to say it? Crash was kind of shit.

Sorry.

Anyway, this remaster looks handsome enough, and faithful to the original. If that's your thing. You weirdos.

Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy coming 2017.

WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THAT SPELLING?

I refuse to type out that nonsense ever again. It shall now be known as simply the Crash remaster.

And something something Call of Duty.

Not feeling this Call of Duty stuff, but feeling that jacket.

IS IT A SHENMUE REFERENCE IT LOOKS LIKE RYO'S JACKET.

I had a jacket like that when I used to walk around and pretend I was Ryo. I was such a jerk.

Anyway, enough about me - there's a new demo update for Resident Evil 7.

Hopefully we'll find out what that finger is all about.

The demo will have PSVR support.

A new extended look at Resident Evil 7, which is looking damn fine.

Aaaaand Ace Combat 7 - it will be playable here.

It'll have VR support, I'd imagine. And it'll be as batshit crazy as the other Ace Combat games, by the looks of it.

Californian Sally Phillips is back on-stage. We're onto Capcom Cup now, which is happening later tonight.

camo_kill says:

Ace Combat. Nobody says 'Ace' anymore. I think they need to get with the times and change it to 'swag combat' or something.

I say wizard. Wizard combat sounds nice.

Akuma reveal now for Street Fighter 5. God I hate Akuma - mainly because I've been on the wrong end of so many spankings from him.

If that sounds sexy it's because it is.

5 new characters inbound in season 2 of Street Fighter 5 as well. How long 'til the internet figures out what all those silhouettes were?

Shu takes the stage, and people start chanting his name. You don't get this at E3!

I saw Shu staggering across a car park last night coming from the steak house. He looked like he'd had a fun night.

God I'm turning this live report into the 3am Girls with my insipid celebrity spots.

Anyway - The Last Guardian. We have a review of this going up on Monday. I've read it. I'm very excited to play this game.

I think this will be an okay video game, everyone.

I mean, yeah. I want to play that video game.

spongebob says:

Martin, not shit?

That's basically our new rating.

And Parappa the Rapper. They're bringing the juice.

This looks very much like a remake.

Parappa the Rapper 20th Anniversary. And it looks like we're getting remasters of Patapon and secret best game ever Loco Roco.

The demo for Parappa is out today. Have at it.

And here's a new game from Japan Studio!

Is this?

There is an air of...

I don't know what to call it. Confusion? Bewilderment?

And now a stunned silence. Everyone, the PlayStation sequel you've been asking for is finally here.

I can't believe I was in the room when this happened.

What a proud moment.

Malek86 says:

Why not announce Bomberman Act Zero 2 while they're at it?

EL OH EL.

Anyway, this is more like it - Gravity Rush 2!

Free DLC coming to Gravity Rush 2 in March.

So much more Gravity Rush 2 coming.

'A lot of players have asked us to make Raven playable' says Shu. 'Yeah right' says someone in the audience. Amazing.

A new Gran Turismo trailer. Excuse me while I unbutton my trousers.

A look at some of the changing light conditions in the game, a tease of the VR mode and some AMAZING shots of the GT3 Merc SLS AMG. I'll be having some of that.

Oh come on. You can't follow up GT Sport with a new look at Ni No Kuni 2. I'm about to explode here.

Ni No Kuni is one of the all-time greats, in my opinion. If only for Drippy and his amazing stand-up comedy sketch.

MORE WELSH ACCENTS PLEASE LEVEL 5.

Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom - coming in 2017. Which is closer to a release date than we've come before.

Fudce says:

That was a tidy trailer

I GOT THAT REFERENCE.

Gio Corsi now for the indie stuff.

This is where the good stuff is.

Yakuza 6 coming west, as is Kiwami - the remake.

Some guy is heckling the Yakuza 6 trailer and it might be the greatest thing ever.

And they just announced a Vita game, to chants of 'Vita, Vita' in the audience.

And now Nier Automata - there's a demo coming soon.

We're rattling through this all at such a pace that I think this could wrap on the hour.

Still 20 minutes to go though!

And we're getting a Ys game on-stage. What beautiful madness is this?

Ys Origin, coming in 2017 and Vita. They're announcing more Vita games. What is going on.

And Dreadnought. A PS4 exclusive that I'll admit I'd not heard of before. From Yager, the people that brought you Spec Ops: The Line, mind!

It has space ships in it. I like space ships.

Dreadnought, everyone!

Supergiant's Pyre now. So much games.

spongebob says:

Maybe they should just stop doing E3 shows. This is indeed very good

I'd be up for that, it's ace to have the fans here.

I think the big - and quite lovely - takeaway from this is that the Vita is still very much alive.

Vane - which, I believe, is from ex-Team Ico devs - gets a proper reveal now.

As you might expect, it looks a bit like Ico.

Absolver, the Devolver game with lovely meaty combat, gets its moment in the spotlight.

And there's some of that lovely combat in action.

Megaspacer says:

And seagull woman

What if I told you *I'm* seagull woman?

Elsewhere, it's just been confirmed that the Uncharted game we saw earlier is a standalone.

Meanwhile, here's Edith Finch.

Oh.

My.

God.

If your dog has just gone batshit crazy it's because I'm making the biggest high-pitched scream right now.

This is Housemarque's collaboration with Eugene Jarvis.

Screw Half-Life 3. This is all I want to play, forever.

Hopefully we'll have more on that for you over the weekend. It's the first thing I'm going to be playing when this is over.

It might be all I'm playing all weekend.

(oh, and that Housemarque game, previously known as The Jarvis project, is called Nex Machina).

Grasshopper's new game is out today.

A surprise release for... Er, what's it called again?

Lily Bergamo? No, that's not it.

LET IT DIE! That's what it's called. And it's out nooooooooooooooooooooow.

It's available for free today.

(it is a free-to-play game, it's worth bearing in mind).

Oh.

My.

God.

Garou is out today for Vita and PS4.

As I'm an absolute prick I have that on my arcade cabinet at home. But still! I'll be picking it up. A wonderful, wonderful game.

And oh yeah here's Lara Croft Go. And Vita!

Oh.

My.

God.

WINDJAMMERS.

FUCKING WINDJAMMERS EVERYONE.

aka THE GREATEST GAME EVER. Go and buy this now!

Well, I'm enjoying this.

I might start screaming with everyone else. Screw being professional. WINDJAMMERS EVERYONE.

WINDJAMMERS!

Oh here's some VR stuff.

(Windjammers!)

Starblood Arena is a new PSVR game that might be okay I dunno it's not Windjammers is it?

WINDJAMMERS! Just say it out loud. Feel it roll off your tongue. Windjammers. Rejoice!

And here's some more games coming to PSVR. None of which are Windjammers.

Would it be bad if I ran on stage now and just hissed Windjammers?

Nioh's next, and here's a new trailer of a game that looks great but isn't Windjammers.

Toaster05 says:

Martin. Have we encountered your 'Lose your shit' game yet?

It was the Housemarque/Jarvis thing. But now I think it's Windjammers too?

Something something baseball.

I have no idea what's going on. Sorry.

So, after baseball here's Guerrila Games with a new trailer for Horizon.

I still don't know how to spell Guerillla.

Guerilla! Goooarla. Can we just call them Gorilla Games? That's so much easier.

I've missed most of this trailer while I try and remember how to spell Guerilla.

Looks alright though, this. Even if the artstyle is a bit Cyberdog.

michaelway says:

@martinrobinson Harambe Games?

THAT'S IT.

Shawn is on-stage. I'm about to rush him down and just whisper WINDJAMMERS in his ear.

Now, one last thing.

This is going to be good.

Knack 3!

No, wait. It's....

People are cheering a rusty car. Videogames!

The Last of Us 2, everyone.

Ellie is back.

As is Joel.

I mean it looks okay, but it's not Windjammers is it?

That was quite a good show, right?

Thanks for joining us today. Hope it was worthwhile for you all!

I certainly had fun. Happy Windjammers day everyone! We'll have more on the show through the weekend for you all. LATERS.

Sign in to comment on this livetext.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    A sequel? How daringly original!
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    A remake and a kickstarter, you didnt miss much
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    Why is it every time I miss a conference I come to the thread which invariably proclaims it to be the best so far (I slept through the PS announcement of Shenmue III, FFVII etc.)?Goddamit!
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    Holy frispy batman
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Chloe was kind of underused in Uncharted. I'd be happy to play a whole game with her as the protagonist.
    arty 5 years ago
    lol rly.
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    That was one of the best shows for game releases and news in a long long time.
    Great showing and amazing end with TLOU2
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Well I'm intensely happy for a sequel to this game. Far more than any Uncharted game. (which I love)
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Is this the new John Lewis ad?
    JOEL!
    The Slight More Than We Originally Thought Of Us
    She's all grown up!
    arty 5 years ago
    CHRIST, THE MOST BORING GAME EVER MADE!
    marvzilla 5 years ago
    Tree-mendous
    arty 5 years ago
    TREES!
    JamaicanHype 5 years ago
    Last of us
    OH! shit!
    LAST OF US 2
    The Last of Us 2?
    CRYSIS 4!
    DROPSHIP!!!!! FUCK YEAH!
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    He looks like he's off to spin class right after the show.
    pomi 5 years ago
    Just hope Horizon is good on base PS4.
    marvzilla 5 years ago
    Used to hunt my zoids as a kid, full circle
    michaelway 5 years ago
    @martinrobinson Harambe Games?
    4K GINGER PUBES
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I have mixed feelings about Horizon. I want to play it but it makes me look at my 4K non HDR tv and weep slightly.
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    You win
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    I'm not too fussed about Horizon myself but it does look very special.
    DJDog 5 years ago
    Wanky presentation
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    I had teeth knocked out playing rounders at school.
    alexjones1 5 years ago
    oh man, Horizon looks so good
    HNorbert 5 years ago
    Gö into my stable and take my finest stallion. He's yours, his name is..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3S297JmdAA
    Fantastic. Damn *tears up ticket*
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Has anyone played softball before? Probably the hardest ball ever. Broke my thumb on one once.
    Gonna go with amazing
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    Is he goin to say amazing or outstanding next , place youre bets
    Tune!
    marvzilla 5 years ago
    British jokes.. *doths bowler hat
    Kami 5 years ago
    Rounders with armour padding.
    Fudce 5 years ago
    Hah - Brit goes on stage and makes a cricket joke noone in the crowd understannds
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I think the former was the killer and I'm in total agreement btw.
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Martin you totally have to platinum windjammers now.
    "What am I talking about" - massive Nioh sign behind him. Hmmm
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Martin. Have we encountered your 'Lose your shit' game yet?
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Now really is the best time to be playing games.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I see your Windjammers and raise it a Dropship.
    Farpoint or bust
    Malek86 5 years ago
    Descent was already giving me motion sickness back in its days, imagine in VR
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    Pong... Err I mean Windjammers.
    Kami 5 years ago
    Windjammers... windjammers... wind... jam... mers..
    DaveTheMusical 5 years ago
    Overtime I think a game just looks all right, I come back here and Martin's needing a moment. Amazing.
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Windjammers sounds like some sort of anti-farting pants.
    JamieW 5 years ago
    Windjammers!
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    ah bloody hell, another mech/space/shooter
    This looks pretty sweet
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Now I think about it, Dropship VR would be awesome.There's still time!
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Star Blood Arena? Did they use a game name generator or something?
    I feel for him.
    vr here we gooooo!
    best name ever!
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Ok, never heard of this. For shame
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    Windjammers. Well, Giant Bomb will be happy.
    bye not so silent bob!
    WINDJAMMERS!
    xRiska 5 years ago
    Please stay, big man, you're doing a great job
    Lara Croft Go - Rattata Simulator 2016
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    Remember when Street Fighter 4 was released on PS4 and was a mess? Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Ultimate
    Wait, for free?
    IanHigton 5 years ago
    Where's all the PSVR games? I've wasted my money haven't I...
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Nuttier than a squirrels fart.
    Let it Die?
    What the fu..........
    DJDog 5 years ago
    Kevin Smith is looking rough lately.
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    @camo_kill - no VR games, they're too busy supporting the Vita.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Housemarque can do no wrong in my eyes.
    Needs more vr games!
    ChrisTapsellEG 5 years ago
    Oooooooooooof that Housemarque collab looks a little good.
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    I think seagull woman flew home , havnt heard her squaking in a while
    DJDog 5 years ago
    This is one weak ass line up
    SOLD!
    VOXELS! I'm sold!
    Housemarque!
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    That Edith Finch looks like a game for Dudebros to get unnecessarily upset over it's existence.
    xRiska 5 years ago
    Man loving these bladrunner-esq synth soundtracks
    OH FUCK!
    xRiska 5 years ago
    What did he mean by this?
    Oooh, Abslover
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    And seagull woman
    Vane looks lovely
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    There are more games in 5 minutes than at the entire Game Awards 1.5 days ago.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Well maybe not all the fans. Stand up shouty guys need to calm the fuck down.
    Malek86 5 years ago
    Man, that cough must be going around
    PSVita Jazz Hands!
    Dreadnought out of ten
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Dreadnaught looks like that F2P game on PC... Errr... What's it called?
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Dreadnaught. I've had experience of this game. Felt like CoD with spaceships.
    xRiska 5 years ago
    Whatever this is it has a great soundtrack
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    This is a better show than E3 folks.
    xRiska 5 years ago
    Haha this Vita thing is tickling me
    is that 3.7. or 7.3.
    Malek86 5 years ago
    Ys origin?
    young_nell 5 years ago
    i´m one of them
    young_nell 5 years ago
    most vita owners have probably sold it by now
    deadpandave 5 years ago
    I know this is dangerous ground... but has there been a single game yet that isn't a sequel or remake?
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    I *Hope* it's good.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    There's your one and only Vita reference.
    Fudce 5 years ago
    He's got some crazy prop in his hand
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    What's a PlayStation Vita? Is it a new thing?
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Vita? Is that a new console?
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    I keep meaning to to play Danganronpa 2
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    Puhuhu!
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Good, I can finally experience the hype of Yakuza games.
    pomi 5 years ago
    I hope West includes EU...
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    Oh look, a frat house's laundry basket walked onto stage.
    OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
    The_Weird 5 years ago
    So it's basically all sequels and remasters then?
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Hockey Shirts. The fat, middle aged americans favourite choice of sportswear.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Sat through far worse E3 presentations.
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Kevin Smith's really let himself go.
    xRiska 5 years ago
    He looks like a walking sponsorship deal
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Have to say, so far they are knocking it out of the park.
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    If we get a Yakuza 6 announcement now. Blimy.
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    No ghibli logo there at the end
    That was a tidy trailer
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    This conference has been rather impressive so far.
    Ni No Kuni 2 looks amazing
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    Sometimes I think it's for the best that these conferences are usually filled with industry specialists and not drunk fanboys.
    Oh wow, NNK2!
    Oh wow! a level 5 logo!
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Gran Turismo coming... 2017? Bless them for believing that.
    alexjones1 5 years ago
    The audience is so rowdy, it's like E3 circa 2006
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Gravity Rush was good though!
    And here comes our annual Gran Turismo Cocktease
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I guess this is Martin's weak knee moment.
    One guy is happy
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    I like how people still pretend like Gravity Rush was good and they actually care about Gravity Rush 2.
    I_Am_CatButler 5 years ago
    Knack's back, but is it still cack?
    Fudce 5 years ago
    a pair of knackers - gotta be careful how you say that
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Fuck yeah! This makes me happy!
    pomi 5 years ago
    Hah honestly didn't think Knack would see sequel even though I did kinda like it
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    lol
    Malek86 5 years ago
    Why not announce Bomberman Act Zero 2 while they're at it?
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    There's two of 'em. KNACKERS!
    Not like this..
    HAHA
    ChrisTapsellEG 5 years ago
    Surely not
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Mark Cerny's contractually obligated Knack 2.
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    I'm knackered.
    lol
    Malek86 5 years ago
    My god, what have they done
    SUPER FUN NEW GAME!
    Pata pata pata pon!
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    The Playstation Experience: Where we announce old games as new again.
    deadpandave 5 years ago
    WTF. Is Parappa a serious game in 2017? How do you remaster a game with Dreamcast style graphics?
    Where's UmJammer Lammy?
    Locoroco!!! /dieshappy
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    Demo available today. THIS is how they should debut stuff
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Parappa The Rapper - the first one yet again.
    alexjones1 5 years ago
    Parappa The Rapper??
    Good grief. Parappa now.
    Fuck yeah! Parappa!
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Martin can you call the score for us?
    8/10
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    @-pelican- "Shipped early" is quite the relative term when it comes to The Last Guardian.
    arty 5 years ago
    Looks like a PS3 game, oh wait...
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    It looks absolutely gorgeous. Just like the brown leather jacket.
    Kami 5 years ago
    And you're loving every moment of it Martin.
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    Is The Last Guardian the biggest cat pun of our generation?
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    This game is going to destroy me emotionally - this music :'(
    pomi 5 years ago
    Shu must be happy TLG is finally coming out
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    The Last Guardian. Never heard of it, looks rubbish.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Who are these people? I can't get excited by anything this much. I didn't get that excited when I first saw my baby son.
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    Even Japanase people think Shuhei's squinting.
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    Chanting Shu - of course you would :)
    xRiska 5 years ago
    My screen hates his shirt
    deadpandave 5 years ago
    Just shows how much variety there is in gaming - none of the games so far have held much interest for me, but cool that there are others who are properly excited.
    rauper 5 years ago
    banned...
    Fudce 5 years ago
    isn't that as purr usual?
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    When I said "cat puns" I didn't mean actual spam.
    young_nell 5 years ago
    @sherrycole bugger off
    Kami 5 years ago
    The spammers are invading! Abandon ship! ABANDON SHIP!
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Spam in a live chat. Noice!
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    Any Game Awards alumni up for some cat puns?
    young_nell 5 years ago
    @Toaster05 I had that impression too
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    4 didn't look Biohazard when it came out. And that turned out alright for quite a lot of people.
    Kami 5 years ago
    I don't mind Capcom switching up Resident Evil a bit. I just hope they do a proper Mercs/Raid Standalone game sometime.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Ok, so they can make a new Ace Combat game but neglect Dropship. There is simply no justice in this world.
    Ace Wombat
    young_nell 5 years ago
    I like the name Biohazard more than Resident Evil
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Is it just me but it doesn't look very Biohazard?
    Kami 5 years ago
    Why does that line remind me of Silent Hill 2?
    arty 5 years ago
    Shame no one can actually buy a bloody PSVR though.
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    ps vr you say? Best get an extra pair of pants out!
    ChrisTapsellEG 5 years ago
    I'm not closing my eyes for this bit I just have to very quickly look at something over here away from my screen.
    Malek86 5 years ago
    Resident Evil 7 or Silent Hill 2?
    Fudce 5 years ago
    Ooh, she said a bad word
    Yer ma's all about CoD
    Kami 5 years ago
    Now I'm missing that shaving robot thing.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    You can get locked up for that kind of thing.
    xRiska 5 years ago
    Audience literally don't give a shit about CoD
    No clapping for COD! Lol
    A Lottadoh
    Malek86 5 years ago
    This lady really sounds like she's trying too hard to be edgy.
    JamaicanHype 5 years ago
    Yay. CoD.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Competitive gaming commentary is the WORST!
    Crash and Call Of Duty - shit
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    so it took a Call of Duty trailer to calm the audience down
    JamaicanHype 5 years ago
    @camo_kill sounds like a sad childhood
    The_Weird 5 years ago
    Crash Team Racing was the only good one.
    ChrisTapsellEG 5 years ago
    NO MARTIN NO IT WAS NOT YOU TAKE THAT BACK
    ozthegweat 5 years ago
    Martin, seeing any life-sized razors yet?
    young_nell 5 years ago
    this soundtrack brings back memories
    alexjones1 5 years ago
    I'm with ya, Crash is a poor man's Mario
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Meh Crash. Never saw the appeal of it to be honest.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I'm glad you said that Martin. I never had any love for it.
    Crash Team Racing. /argument
    arty 5 years ago
    aw god more remasters
    ChrisTapsellEG 5 years ago
    GOD
    young_nell 5 years ago
    omg crash
    ChrisTapsellEG 5 years ago
    MY
    ChrisTapsellEG 5 years ago
    OH
    Fuck
    Sammoore 5 years ago
    xriska along with half the audience
    Parappa!
    JamaicanHype 5 years ago
    Crash!
    Fudce 5 years ago
    The PSX Drinking game - any time someone claps something they said - take a drink. After 5 minutes, call an ambulance.
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    stealth destiny conference
    She's definitely coked up
    grassyknoll 5 years ago
    Fuck me, Wipeout & Marvel vs Capcom. What a great show already.
    tomphillipsEG 5 years ago
    ICEBREAKER is coming back!!
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    HEY WE KNOW YOU LIKE SPARROW RACING SO...Wait, where are you going?
    stealth destiny video
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I keep wondering if I should pick up Destiny?
    Malek86 5 years ago
    Just a remaster of HD/Fury/2048?Oh well... I'll still take it.
    marvzilla 5 years ago
    yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Carroceiro 5 years ago
    Didn't realize I was tuning in on a Beatles concert. With all the hysterical screaming...
    tDR better be involved.
    arty 5 years ago
    :o
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    Looks like a rework of HD
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    There you go. This makes me very happy!
    OMG! Wipeout
    IT'S WIPEOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there you go
    alexjones1 5 years ago
    WIPEOUT TIME
    Sammoore 5 years ago
    The guy next to the crowd mic has already screamed himself hoarse!
    young_nell 5 years ago
    those guys are going crazy
    SIT DOWN YOU AWFUL MAN
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    holy shit that guy in the crowd!
    JamaicanHype 5 years ago
    Where's Woolie?
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Give that man a glass of water ffs.
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    "Coming in *ahem* 2017" hahahaha - he knows Capcom.
    Super Happy Crowd Guy
    Mike1980 5 years ago
    man the audience need to calm down
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Means nothing to me personally but I'm sure that's a big thing for the fighting game fans.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JamaicanHype 5 years ago
    Marvel 4
    Oh look MvC4. Who could have predicted that eh? *cough*
    marvzilla 5 years ago
    Stop with the WipEout teasing.. allow me to grieve in peace
    ChrisOTR 5 years ago
    That WipEout Shirt!!!! 2016 all is forgiven!
    An interesting fact about December 3rd... It's the anniversary of Eamonn Holmes
    Megaspacer 5 years ago
    Someone strangle that seagull in the audience
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    I've been hearing about a new WipeOut at Studio Cambridge for YEARS from friends at Sony. I'm beginning to think they don't know what they're talking about :D
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    While I like his t-shirt it's not Designers Republic.
    Nice shirt
    It was the eyes!
    young_nell 5 years ago
    another walking simulator
    OH MY GOD HE'S WEARING A WIPEOUT TSHIRT
    arty 5 years ago
    zzz..
    pomi 5 years ago
    Well that was bit different for Uncharted.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Good shout on the Chloe guess.
    Looks great tbf
    I win!
    Omniabsence 5 years ago
    Chills
    This is awesome
    deadpandave 5 years ago
    No-one guessing at a new IP yet?
    camo_kill 5 years ago
    Is that Chloe from Uncharted?
    young_nell 5 years ago
    indeed
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Short sleeves, so deffo not AC.
    young_nell 5 years ago
    its Uncharted
    Movement looks vaguely Assassins Creedish
    Kami 5 years ago
    What worries me is that any one of those suggestions could be right, which doesn't speak highly of things does it?
    marvzilla 5 years ago
    Slowest episode of Homeland ever
    New Tomb Raider
    Its new Splinter Cell.
    Carroceiro 5 years ago
    New AC.
    BlackFlower 5 years ago
    TLoU2?
    MrTomFTW 5 years ago
    Beyond Good and Evil 2 is taking a bold, more realistic direction here.
    Crofty?
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    This doesn't look like Dropship.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Not at all Martin, shows you are still passionate. Exactly what I'm asking for.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I guess there is a reason that lady looks like a majorette?
    Meat sweats are killer.
    When will the bass drop?
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Can't stop thinking about Dropship now. Sony abandoned that game. Assholes!
    marvzilla 5 years ago
    New wipeout?.. we can dream :(
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Dropship! It's Dropship right? Please let it be Dropship!
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Had to google that, I was thinking of Dreams by Sega.
    I know I am.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I'm pretty certain that the readership of Eurogamer is almost 100% cynical shits so you are in good company.
    Esppiral 5 years ago
    Looking forward to some Shenmue 3 news...
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    So long as they don't wheel out Pele I think we are good.
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    I don't know why we get hugely invested in these kind of events though. PSX's generally disappoint with the exception of always welcome Yakuza news. Maybe Yakuza 6 coming west will be announced this year.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Zombies are de rigueur to gaming though. Expect zombie everything.
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    Hope they don't give too much coverage to Days Gone. Man it looks enormously dull.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    I need to lay off the booze.
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Seriously, if they drop Parappa The Rapper news I'll happy (though obviously I'd love to hang around long enough to play said game before popping my clogs)
    Toaster05 5 years ago
    Bratters: You gotta believe!
    Hello my darlings.
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    He is genuinely brilliant - I just think he plays with the hearts of his fans a bit too much :D
    xicon162x 5 years ago
    I think Knack was a pretty fun launch title. People were way too harsh on it. But hey, the point of a sequel is to improve on the foundations of what came before it so hopefully it will receive a warmer reception this time round. Maybe it's Knack 2 in PS VR?
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    Ono has been spotted in a When's Mahvel hoodie - the troll is real.
    dadrester 5 years ago
    dadrester 5 years ago
    dadrester 5 years ago
    wait... 6pm gmt?!
    dadrester 5 years ago
    Wait... have i literally just turned on the PC at coincidentally the right time?
    I have faith @martinrobinson
    michaelway 5 years ago
    @Martin Robinson They'll clearly call it Knick-Knack
    Malek86 5 years ago
    @I_Am_CatButler yeah, that's what I meant. And what will not happen. Not that I actually expect PS1 emulation to happen either. I'm afraid Sony just doesn't see it as relevant.
    I_Am_CatButler 5 years ago
    @Malek86 digital PS1 games are already region-free, they actually sell US versions of some games on the UK store. I wouldn't expect them to drop that restriction on discs though :(
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    No please.... Don't even joke about Knack 2 when there's the potential that WipEout will go another year ignored :'(
    Malek86 5 years ago
    Also they should make them region-free while they are at it.
    Malek86 5 years ago
    PS3 isn't gonna happen, PS2 is still stuck on expensive emulation... can we at least get PS1 games already?
    Hello Chris.
    I_Am_CatButler 5 years ago
    I wonder if there's some sort of licensing issue with CD audio playback and that's why there's no music CD or PS1 compatibility. Still you'd think they could at least support digital PS1 titles.
    Alestes 5 years ago
    Pretty damn sure it's not gonna happen, but it would be awesome if they announced PS4 support for PS1 Classics. So it can run PS1 games from the PS Store just like the PSP, PS3, Vita and PSTV can.
    Yautja_Warrior 5 years ago
    Want to see whats next for PSVR, hopefully there will be a good number of new VR games announced.
    [STARS]TyranT 5 years ago
    Come it is truly time for the return of WipEout - VR would make it better than ever.
    Carroceiro 5 years ago
    I'm only here for Shenmue 3.
    raheell9 5 years ago
    @linea I would love that! Firm release dates for God of War and FF VII remake as well, please.
    linea 5 years ago
    DEMON'S SOULS REMASTER (a man can dream!)
    Dhalamar 5 years ago
    Horizon: Zero Dawn does look fantastic
    Ferral 5 years ago
    Hoping for at least PS1 discs available to play on PS4
    PS1 games on PS4 please.
    spliffhead 5 years ago
    Parappa 3 and Wipeout with juicy PS Pro support please Sony.
    DakeyrasUK 5 years ago
    Ooh, didnt know this was today! Am hoping for something on Shemue 3 and FFVII remake!