Of course there's more to The Witcher 3 than its main storyline, and as you'd expect for an RPG as epic as this, the final chapter of Geralt's story is full of optional quests to fulfill. Here's how to get through all that Blood & Wine has to offer.
Blood and Wine Secondary quests
- This page: The Warble of a Smitten Knight
- Page 2: No Place Like Home, Till Death Do You Part, Turn and Face The Strange
- Page 3: Wine Wars: Belgaard, Wine Wars: Vermentino/Coronato, Wine Wars: The Deus in the Machina, Wine Wars: Consorting
- Page 4: Mutual of Beauclair's Wild Kingdom, A Knight's Tales, Vintner's Contract: Chute Cover, Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Granite!, Master Master Master Master
- Page 5: The Hunger Game, Knight for Hire, There Can Be Only One, Father Knows Worst, Fists of Fury: Toussaint
- Page 6: Big Feet to Fill, Paperchase, But Other Than That, How Did You Enjoy the Play?, The Words of Prophets Are Written on Sarcophagi
- Page 7: Portrait of the Witcher as an Old Man, Of Sheers and a Witcher We Sing
The Warble of a Smitten Knight
Unlocked after defeating the Shaelmaar.
Ah, the things we do for love. Speak to Guillaume and agree to take his place in the tournament. You can choose to train in the events or just throw yourself straight in - the training isn't too time consuming and is worth doing just to familiarise yourself with the specifics of the events, but in case you skip it here's the basics:
- Shooting is a test of accuracy against an opponent. Shoot all your targets before your opponent does to take the round. (In training, it's against the clock.)
- Riding is a race against the clock with combat elements. The course features dummies and targets around the track, and hitting a dummy with your sword or shooting a target with your bow will increase the allotted time you have to complete the course.
- Fighting is, well... That part should be self explanatory.
When you're ready, head to the scribe's tent to sign up, and then head to the shooting. You have the option of playing Gwent before the event starts to give yourself a slightly better time slot, and if you win you'll get given a personalised +10 with a 300% Attack power modifier. After the event is over Guillaume will take you to Vivienne's tent, so take a look around with Witcher Sense to gather some clues before the next event.
Racing is next. There are nine checkpoints and the path splits at a couple of points, but it's straightforward. Don't worry about hitting all the targets, but try not to let your clock get below two thirds just in case. Your reward is a custom saddle with 90 stamina, and after the event you'll have a quick chat with Guillaume before you're challenged to a duel that turns into a fistfight.
After the brawl head to Vivienne's tent. Read the note on the table in the far right and then head out of the rear of the tent. Use Witcher Sense to follow the bird along the path up the hill, fending off attacks from Panthers as you go, until the bird flies off over the hill. Geralt will mention a shortcut through "the cave" but there's a good chance it's not shown up on your map so if you can't find it it's on a ledge above the waterfall, and contains a Wight and a Barghest. Once you're out the other side follow the bird a bit further until you find Vivienne. Talk with her about her curse, and then return to Guillaume. You can now either finish the tournament or back out, so if you want to skip the fighting now's your chance.
If you don't want to be a coward and instead choose to fight on then up next there's a round of team last-man-standing - you and a group of four other knights will be up against a group of five. Your team-mates aren't entirely useless, but it's likely you'll need to land all the "killing" blows yourself.
Once that's over it's time to face the final round, a one-on-one with last year's champion. He's a big lad but he's not very nimble, so you should be able to outmanoeuvre him without too much difficulty, and for your troubles you win a personalised Steel Sword.
Back with Vivienne, work your way through the conversation, then head to the clearing with her. Clear out the panther and conduct the ritual, then return to Guillaume with the news.
Head to the next page for a guide to the quests No Place Like Home, Till Death Do you Part and Turn and Face the Strange.