There are five individual toolboxes spread throughout The Last of Us, and you'll need to locate all five of them if you want to upgrade your weapons to the highest possible level. While they're not too tricky to spot, missing out on even on of them will make life much harder as you approach the end of the game. Here's where you can find each one.
- Bill's Town - In the church where you get the proximity bomb is a metal shelf in the corner. You'll find the toolbox here.
- Pittsburgh - After killing the first wave of enemies, you'll open up a shutter to access a garage. The toolbox is next to the Smoke Bomb inside.
- The Suburbs - Once you've helped Ellie use a pallet to reach and activate a generator, head into the next corridor along. You'll find the toolbox in a room to your left.
- The University - After meeting up with Ellie after entering the Science Building, carry on down the long corridor with a locked door on your right. Use a shiv to open it and take the toolbox from the workbench inside.
- Bus Depot - Look for a big white tent on the left-hand side of the triage area outside the depot. The toolbox is just to your right as you enter the tent.
If you need help tracking down all of the Left Behind collectable items, head back to the first page of this guide.