Not all walls in Dark Souls 3 are what they appear, and attacking or rolling into the solid-looking brickwork in a few places will reveal a hidden area. Without investigating every wall in every location we can't be sure this list is complete, but here are the ones we know about so far.
If you're keen on hunting collectibles, you might like to check out our guides to Dark Souls 3 Estus Shard Locations and Dark Souls 3 Bone Shard locations. You can find other tips and advice on the main Dark Souls 3 guide page.
To reach this, you'll need to buy the Key to the Tower, which will set you back 20,000 Souls from the main vendor. Head up the tower until you reach a bridge above the roof and then drop down. Drop down to the lower level and take the stairs near the front of the building. Pick your way carefully along the beams and the illusory wall will be straight ahead.
From the Old Wolf bonfire take the stairs up. When you reach the top the illusory wall will be to your right. (If you want more detail on this, check the Watchdogs of Farron Covenant section of our Dark Souls 3 - how to join every covenant guide.)
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
There are three in this area:
-From the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire, head through the arch and up the stairs to your left. Go through the arch on the far side of the courtyard filled with giants to find an illusory wall to your left.
- From the Church of Yorshka bonfire, head out through the main door and turn left. Follow the path to an area containing a couple of pyromancers and their entourage - on the opposite side if the small courtyard (past the statue) is a set of steps that appears to head nowhere, and at the top is an illusory wall.
- Finally, in the small circular room that leads to the mechanical tower to Anor Londo is a statue. You'll find another illusory wall behind it.
As you head towards the next bonfire you'll find a square tower with a wooden platform inside. Climb up the ladder to the platform and the illusory wall is next to the barrels.
This is an optional area, accessible from Catacombs of Carthus. It contains four illusory walls, all of which you can reach from the King's Antechamber bonfire.
- The first is in an arch in the corner of the room containing the bonfire.
- The second can be reached by heading down the stairs, passing through the next two rooms, and turning left at the junction.
- From there, head towards the room containing the fire demons and head left into the sewer. Follow the path until you find an area with some plant life (and some giant rats) and carry on straight ahead to reach the third wall.
- From there drop down to the level below to find the fourth illusory wall.
Head back to the first page for the rest of our Dark Souls 3 guide.