Lego Jurassic World has topped the US retail charts for the month of July 2015, video game analyst group NPD has revealed.
Just behind it is Batman: Arkham Knight, which actually came out on top if one counts the copies sold through hardware bundles.
As such, everything's coming up Warner Bros. According to NPD Group's Liam Callahan, Warner Bros. is "the top publisher year-to-date with an increase of over 200 per cent in dollar sales."
The highest-placing new title on the list was Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour, which came in fifth. Callahan noted that it exceeded first month sales of the series' previous iteration, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, by nearly 70 per cent.
The console that sold the most new software was unsurprisingly the PS4. After all, as of last week it had sold 25.3m units worldwide since its launch in November 2013.
What was surprising is that second place for software sales went to the Xbox 360. Callahan suggested this was due to Microsoft's recent revelation that the Xbox One will be backwards compatible with many 360 titles. "Consumers may have felt safer buying 360 games knowing that they will be able to play them on Xbox One if they choose to upgrade," he pondered.
Despite the Xbox 360 selling more new retail games than the Xbox One, the latest generation of consoles has been tremendously successful overall, as the PS4 and Xbox One have sold nearly 50 per cent more than the PS3 and Xbox 360 had after their first 21 months on the market.
It's unclear what the breakdown is between PS4 and Xbox One here as Microsoft has been cagey about Xbox One's sales figures. But we know both Xboxes combined sold less than half the PS4s shifted in Q2 2015.
Here's the full retail top 10 breakdown:
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, PS3, XBO, NWU, PS4, PSV). Warner Bros. Interactive
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XBO, PC). Warner Bros. Interactive
- Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4). Microsoft
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC). Take 2 Interactive
- Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour (PS4, XBO). Electronic Arts
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (XBO, PS4, PC). Bethesda Softworks
- Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3). Activision Blizzard
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, XBO). Warner Bros. Interactive
- FIFA 15 (PS4, 360,. XBO, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS). Electronic Arts
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC). Activision Blizzard