Rocket League just got a spectator mode as part of a substantial patch that also adds a new arena.
The latest update brings the wonderful PC and PlayStation 4 competitive car football game up to version 1.04, and adds support for the Supersonic Fury DLC pack, which goes live on 13th August.
The patch adds the Utopia Coliseum arena, and "Spectate" to "Choose Team" menu in private matches. This gives players the option to watch games rather than participate.
Elsewhere, there are over 70 new country flags and three "Sorry" items developer Psyonix is giving players because of its overloaded launch servers.
Other highlights include:
- Added 3v3 Team Ranked as a replacement for 3v3 Solo the Online match queue.
- Ranked matches will no longer start if the game is not full.
- Added the ability to create or join Private Matches that can be named and/or password-protected.
- Added "Vote to Forfeit" button to "Ranked" online matches.
- Up to four Party member's Battle-Cars can now be displayed on the Menu screens.
For the patch notes in full, head over to the Rocket League website.