Soup-crafting Pixeljunk PC game Nom Nom Galaxy has received its biggest update since it premiered on Steam Early Access over a year ago.
This base-building, spelunking, tower defense, cooking game hybrid's latest update "unlocks almost two-thirds of the game" according to developer Q-Games.
Most excitingly, it adds a new campaign mode entitled Corporate Quest. There's also a Free-play Mode for those who just want to explore without nefarious wildlife and rivals threatening your intergalactic soup empire.
"This is almost a completely new game when compared to what we first released on Early Access a year ago," the developer said. "With so many new additions, Nom Nom Galaxy is closer to the vision of Q-Games and the community, and the quality that you've come to expect from the PixelJunk series."
Furthermore, Q-Games has dropped the Early Access price for Nom Nom Galaxy to £6.99 / $9.99.
Here's the full list of additions:
- New Campaign mode, Corporate Conquest.
- Challenging planets with additional mission types.
- Much requested Free-play Mode.
- A host of optimizations to improve gameplay on a variety of systems.
- Automate soup production with new robots and improvements to existing ones.
- Customize your factory with new base parts, expand with your empire with warp gates.
- New research system and upgrades.
- Shoryuken! New combat moves for Astroworkers.
- Spacy gum that modifies Astroworker abilities.
- New Astropin collection system that tracks and rewards player activities.
Q-Games is still planning to release further features like online co-op, Challenge Mode, leaderboards, Achievements and more. A full release is expected later this year with PS4 and Vita versions to follow.