Microsoft has released another patch for Xbox One exclusive first-person shooter Halo: The Master Chief collection.
This one includes improvements for matchmaking, roster and parties.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection endured a torrid launch, with long matchmaking times preventing many from playing the game online.
This patch is the latest in a stream of updates developer 343 has released as it battles to get its high-profile FPS back on track.
Here are the patch notes, courtesy of Halo Waypoint:
- Made improvements to the reliability of Matchmaking parties.
- Local split-screen players will now always be on the same team in Halo 2 Matchmaking.
- Made an update to allow players to use Voice Chat during loading screens in Matchmaking.
- Made an update to ensure that players are not forced into an incorrect party after encountering an issue in Matchmaking.
- Resolved an issue where the "Winning Team Won" text was shown in the Carnage Report.
- Made fixes to reduce the amount of time it takes to update the Roster:
- Players will now be discovered sooner after starting the game.
- Changes to the roster will be more immediate to better reflect friend activity.
- Made several improvements to party joining and management.
- Resolved an issue where players that were in a party could not join another party from the Roster.
- Made changes to ensure that parties cannot exceed the maximum party size of a playlist.
- Made an update to ensure that Party Leaders can assign a new Party Leader or Kick a player from their party.
- Made a change to ensure that teams selections are correctly carried over in Custom Games.
- Made an update to ensure that player settings do not revert to a previous state after completing a Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer match.
- Made an update to ensure that players do not disconnect after completing a Custom Game.
- Resolved an issue in Custom Games where parties would disband if some players were playing in Split-Screen.
- Made a change to ensure that Halo 3 Custom Game variants display correct author information.
- Made various changes and improvements to Halo: CE multiplayer hit registration.
- Made an update to ensure that the "Legend Slayer" achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
- The "Pacifist" Achievement will no longer be awarded for resuming "Assault on the Control Room".
- Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
- Custom Games
- Campaign Playlists
- Main Menu
- Updated the Halo 2 "Green Fingers" Button Layout.
- Updated the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Recon Button Layout.
- Made improvements to stat-tracking.
- Improved language support for Norweigan, Spanish, German and Japanese.
Meanwhile, 343 insisted the much-anticipated Halo 5: Guardians beta remains on track for release later this month, despite Halo: The Master Chief Collection's current troubles.
The beta begins on 29th December and runs for three weeks until 18th January. Those who bought Halo: The Master Chief Collection get guaranteed access.