Activision and Sledgehammer Games have released a patch for the PC version of first-person shooter Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare that's designed to improve online connectivity.
Many players have experienced problems while playing the game online across all formats: PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, including lag, so hopefully this update will go some way to improving matters.
Elsewhere, there's a fix for Prestige reset issues.
Today's patch is just one of a number planned for release this week, Activision said on the Call of Duty website. PS4 and Xbox One players get two updates this week, the first going live within the next 48 hours, pending approval from Sony and Microsoft.
Meanwhile, below are the patch notes for the PC update. These will be reflected on all console platforms shortly.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Fixed Marksman and Camo challenges to not reset when you prestige.
- Connectivity optimizations for game servers.
- Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
- Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
- Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
- Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
- Fixed double xp splash, so it doesn't show up in private match, combat readiness program, or survival mode.
- Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot double xp item exists.
- Add double XP icon to medal splashes when double xp is active.
- Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression.
- KC score limit increased to 85 per match.