Old-school RPG enhancer Beamdog has Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition nearly ready to go. The release date for the PC (Windows/Linux) and Mac versions is 30th October. It will be available from Beamdog's store, Steam and GOG.
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is the old Icewind Dale RPG plus:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- A new Story Mode difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
Beamdog did a good job enhancing Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2. True, you can get a similar experience for cheaper buying the old game and installing mods, but that's a faff and there's more to the Enhanced Editions than that. Plus, these games are mobile for the first time.