Nintendo has released a new Wii U system software update THAT adds the ability to organise apps and games into folders.
Each desktop folder can be given a name and customised with a range of colours, handily de-cluttering your home screen.
The update, numbered 5.2.0, was released to Wii U owners last night.
A few other tweaks are also included, such as the addition of a Download Management button to the home screen.
The full patch notes are available below.
Wii U firmware update v5.2.0
- Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
- A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
- The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
- Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
- The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
- Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience