Happy Nintendo day! Now the shouting's done between Microsoft and Sony - with a little chorus on either side supplied by Ubisoft and EA - it's time to sink back and enjoy the relatively mellow charms of Nintendo's E3 slate. There's no conference this year, though the Nintendo Direct that's kicking off at 3pm BST this afternoon is pretty much a like for like replacement.

What will its stance on DRM and used games be? Oh wait, we already know that. As we do what it's likely to show, with a new 3D Mario and Mario Kart slated to make an appearance, as well as the first trailer for the new Smash Bros. game.

Beyond that, there's some hope that we'll see Bayonetta 2 in action, and a somewhat slimmer chance that Nintendo finally reveals what Retro Studios has been working on these past few years. Can we expect a Wii U price-cut as well, and are there any surprises in store for the Nintendo 3DS? The EG team will be taking you through the show from 3pm BST, so join us for reasoned commentary and a few overexcited yelps.

Our live coverage of this event has finished

Welcome to another E3 showing from Nintendo! This year we get a more low key pre-recorded Nintendo Direct broadcast rather than the usual fancypants conference.

After Microsoft and Sony's squabbling we'll hopefully get to the main event - a chance to see Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto cosplay as Link.

Nintendo of America ass-kicker Reggie will also surely make an appearance. If you don't watch he'll know.

A pre-recorded event will hopefully mean a showing without any Wii Remote technical problems or endless 4-player demos of Pac-Man Versus (remember that year?)

What will Nintendo call its next 3D Mario, then? Mario Galaxy 3 - no, wait, that's Sega's new Sonic game.

That's your man Reggie, Nintendo of America's Bill Trinen, European boss Satoru Shibata, Miyamoto and Iwata, there. Aonuma obviously had trouble getting his Black Widow costume on.

MPuzzlemanLives says:

I think a price cut is a sure thing after Sony's PS4 price release.

Retailers are already selling the Wii U at huge discount in the UK, some as low as £199. Will Nintendo make this official, or throw in a couple of extra games?

Hey Nintendo, announce a new Retro Studios-developed Metroid game and I'll let you off the £300 I spent back last November.

Ignatius_Cheese says:

Given that Nintendo Direct is pre-recorded, unless they intersperse it with some live comments from the top bods, a reaction to the PS4 price is unlikely :(

The conference won't just be about Wii U, of course. 3DS has lots to look forward to, including a new Zelda: Link to the Past sequel, Pokémon X/Y and its own version of Smash Bros.

Advance Wars. Please?

Perhaps even a 3DS XXL with an integrated Circle Pad, too?

Eldritch says:

Axelay 2.

Dare to dream...

What are the chances of a Retro-made Stunt Race FX?

I paid £80 for Stunt Race FX when it came out. Such a mug.

Tetrisphere. Now there is a game.

No regrets.

@Erp - REALLY?! That is genuinely exciting to hear.

Surely Tetrisphere would be amazing in 3D, too.

@Skith666 - as long as you aren't a surgeon, I think you'll be okay.

Or a pilot.

@Erp - I'm on it. Thanks so much!

We're in! Pokemon X and Y.

My favourite chromosomes.

The leaks were true! Fairy Pokemon.

Take that Dragon Pokemon.

I saw a man eating a bag of Walkers with a pair of chopsticks the other day.

New 3D Mario.

Looks 3D Landish.

Super Mario 3D World for Wii U.

Four players in a 3D world. Mario Luigi Toad and Princess Peach.

Toad is faster, for example.

Co-op or competition.

New power-up: Cat Mario. He is sick everywhere and ruins armchairs.

Not really - can climb walls and scratch enemies.

Out in December.

Mario Kart for Wii U next!

Looks like it has vertical walls, and wheels which can turn round to grab different surfaces.

Of course there's a Princess Peach's Castle level.

And it's called... Mario Kart 8!

Mario Kart 8's coming out in Spring 2014.

It's not just racing other players but sharing the fun with other people around the world. Mario Kart 8 will launch in spring 2014.

And, in far less exciting news, it's a new Mario Party.

Wii Party U a mix of party games, naturally - it's at least a good workout for the GamePad.

It was intended for release this summer - but it's being pushed back to an undisclosed date.

ALSO DELAYED! Wii Fit U.

Being delayed for new features.

And another apology from Iwata. Maybe they should announce that you can play used games on the Wii U seeing as that's a feature now?

On to the Miiverse now.

There's a new instalment of Art Academy but - this is a trend here - it's not near completion.

But the drawing tool developed for it will be available on the eShop this summer.

Giving Miiverse creations another boost.

I'm already in awe of what's on the Miiverse. This is actually quite exciting.

Also Dan in the office has just noticed how intense Iwata's eyebrows are.

Running through third-party offerings now - there's Batman: Arkham Origins, on Wii U and 3DS.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Just Dance and Disney Infinity.

Scribblenauts DC, again on Wii U and 3DS, and Disney's Planes.

Blacklist is coming on August 21st, and Sonic Galaxy - sorry, Sonic Lost World - is due this year.

All stuff we knew about, but it's a sizeable list nevertheless.

This could be an announcement of sorts - Nintendo's support of indies, which is already fairly strong, is rumoured to be bolstered soon.

There's DuckTales, Dungeons and Dragons. Wait, these aren't indies? Sorry, they're digital downloads.

Scram Kitty and Shovel Knight and Spin the Bottle - now they're proper indies.

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker now.

There's a new video. It's HD, obviously. Some of the purity of the original's cel-shading's been lost, though, and I can't help but feel sad about that.

The bloom that we saw in our first look's been toned down, mind, and this looks a lot more convincing.

Will they be restoring the infamous missing dungeons?

The Wii U version runs at 1080p.

And there have been adjustments to the game....

Right now, they're just announcing that the Tingle Tuner - previously accessed by hooking up a GBA to the GameCube - is aped by the GamePad. Kind of - you can now post to MiiVerse with the Tingle Tuner.

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD is due in October.

Wonderful 101 now, which is out before then.

Ohhh BOY. Back in time for WOnderful 101.

Lovely hit-pause in this one. It feels like you're chewing through baddies.

Which is out on August 23rd over here. Not long to wait!

Do go on Twitter and ask Kamiya if Bayonetta's going to end up in Smash Bros, BTW. That always turns out well.

The spirit of Viewtiful Joe is alive and well.

There'll be a Wonderful 101 dedicated Direct soon.

A new Kong game. Exciting, but please tell me this isn't what Retro's been up to all this time.

Is this what Retro's been up to? Adding jelly to Donkey Kong?

Donkey Kong's island has been over-run by vikings.

It'll be the first Donkey Kong in HD.

And you can see his fur flowing! I don't want to see the Retro logo anywhere near this, though.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, coming out later this year.

Oh well, we're about to see Bayonetta from the... front? Say what Iwata?

She's got shorter hair. The camera's still a total perv too.

Ulp. Looks like Donkey Kong is being made by Retro.

Yeah, short hair is a feature.

Just heard that Donkey Kong is being developed by Retro....

Maybe Nintendo has asked Double Helix to make the new Metroid.

Oh well. Bayonetta 2 looks great in action.

Topical.

Progguitarist says:

Where is METROID

It's dead. As is my heart right now.

On the plus side, Monolithsoft's RPG looks absolutely marvellous.

The goal's to create a large scale open world, says Iwata.

Leaning on the experience from Xenoblade.

Monolithsoft's working on a large-scale open world. Wii U. Robots and dinosaurs.

2014. Please stay tuned.

Robots, big arse monsters and an amazing open world. A 2014 release.

ONE FINAL GAME.

Smash Bros. to take us home.

Tell me that Nook Jerk is in Smash Bros.

If you could smackdown Nook that would indeed be a thing.

Can you hit someone with Link's train?

Metroid. Too soon, Nintendo. Too soon.

VILLAGER!

Alright, you can play as the villager from Animal Crossing.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U. Knock over trees!

Mega Man's in it this time.

Lordy, and Mega Man's in it too.

But yeah, the villager from Animal Crossing! Exciting, right?

Smash Bros website and Miiverse community opening today by the sounds of it.

Being released in 2014.

Sorry Martin!

Pro_wrestler says:

This was underwhelming. Hardly a single game announced that we didn't already know about and everything is delayed.

Don't forget that Retro's making a new game! Oh, and it's a new Donkey Kong. Yeah, that wasn't all that.

Hmm. Some lovely stuff in there, but some real disappointments too.

Mario looks great, but I think a lot of us were hoping for a Galaxy follow-up of some kind.

And no Metroid.

There's always Gamescom?

That's the end of the conferences. There's plenty more to come from E3, of course.

Oli's going to be checking out Nintendo's games later today, and will be giving you his impressions soon.

By this point, Nintendo might as well call its E3 press event: There's Always Gamescom.

Plus there's plenty more to discover from Sony and Microsoft et al.

Sid-Nice says:

When does this start?

@Sid-Nice come back in 12 months and maybe they'll have something?

Well, that old Zelda game looked nice, didn't it?

It's not looking like a great Christmas for Nintendo - going up against two new consoles with a ten-year-old Zelda and a Mario that, quite honestly, looks rushed.

Sorry, just had to go and wipe away the tears, which seems to be something of a tradition when it comes to Nintendo at E3 lately. Anyway, that's a wrap. Hope you can join us here for the rest of the show!

Still! At least we learned there's a Tetrisphere clone on Android, right?

majaha05 5 years ago
    William. although Sarah`s comment is super, last monday I got themselves a Bugatti Veyron after having made $6244 this-past/4 weeks and even more than $10k lass month. it's certainly the easiest job I have ever done. I started this three months/ago and practically straight away made myself more than $71... p/h. I follow the instructions here, Detail Here
    memeroot 5 years ago
    @iamnormalI also have a olympus eyetreck from years back :-)
    darkreactor 5 years ago
    Wish I didn't watch this, I might have to buy a Wii U now to tide me over until the PS4 comes out. argggg Damn you nintendo
    iamnormal 5 years ago
    @memeroot - you have an Oculus Rift? That just seems unlikely.
    iamnormal 5 years ago
    It just feels so much like the days of the dreamcast.
    iamnormal 5 years ago
    Oh Nintendo. You poor old bean.
    memeroot 5 years ago
    i have an occulus rift... as well as a wii unot realy living in the pastI just think 350 is to much for a console.
    memeroot 5 years ago
    ninty recognise that a console is a console and should be cheap150 quid!not 400 quid (or even 350)just give me the games
    memeroot 5 years ago
    reading through the comments.... I'm clearly on the wrong website
    memeroot 5 years ago
    oh and bayonetta 2just take my money (and thanks for the frontal shot)
    memeroot 5 years ago
    I want to play these games more than anything else Ive seenpresentation was genius also :)
    Pandy 5 years ago
    Also, at least Nintendo SHOWED SOME ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!! Which was nice.
    Pandy 5 years ago
    Mario Kart 8 and X were the highlights for me. They looked like games that'll quite happily sit alongside the next-gen stuff on other consoles (read PS4). I look forward to seeing what the talented Miiverse people can do with those impressive looking drawing tools. Otherwise, a bit of a wash out. Don't forget though that Nintendo kept its best goodies for TGS last year, so we'll likely get more new announcements then.
    hopelesswriter 5 years ago
    So disappointing - really regretting picking up the Wii U at launch...
    electrolite 5 years ago
    Still a more likely purchase for me than the new XBox though, so it's not all bad!
    MickleMackle 5 years ago
    man i have no idea why im seeing all these comments about boring yawn give us something new, i have never been so excited in my life! Pikmin ive been craving for years, same with pokemon and zelda, i love what their doing with donkey kong, Ive never understood this idea that Nintendo has to compete with Sony or Microsoft, nintendo games have always been a completely different experience than xbox/playstation, theyre not supposed to be the same as them! and i love all 3!
    electrolite 5 years ago
    (runs in the door)"right, I've been in work all day, what did I miss?"(starts clicking)"I'm not going to early adopt with Sony or MS, so I'm really interested in a Wii U purchase if the games coming out this year are exciting"(looks confused)(clicks)(click click click)"That can't be it? Where's the rest of it?""Oh"
    Sid-Nice 5 years ago
    @RodriguezI was thinking of holding off buying the PS4 until 2014 as there wasn't much in the launch line-up that tickled my fancy. This is "One hell of a drought Nintendo" I might start a campaign to save the Wii U; I’m busy composing the song as I type.It’s Christmas time There’s still no games for the Wii U At Christmas time When you’re twiddling you’re thumbs with fuck all to doAnd in our world of consoles we can spread a smile joyDevelop some Wii U games this Christmas timeBut say a prayer pray for the other onesAt Christmas time on the PS4 and Xbox One they will be having funThere’s a kid outside your window and it’s a kid that got a Wii UWhere they only new game for his console came out in 2002And the only bells ringing with this game will be messages from TingleWell tonight thank God it’s them instead of you And there won’t be games on the Wii U this Christmas timeThe greatest game they’ll get this year is Mario oh, oh, oh Where nothing will ever change same old IP’s same old gamesDo they know the Wii U exist at all?Here’s to you create a game for the Wii UHere’s to gamer’s with fuck all to do Do they know that Wii U exits at all?Chorus: Feed the Wii U let them know that it plays games
    trebellk 5 years ago
    very very boring but still beats ms by virtue of not screwing consumers rights.
    chriscourtois 5 years ago
    Mario, more Mario and an old Zelda game. Sigh... where's your courage gone, Nintendo?!
    Resurrected-X460 5 years ago
    Even though I'm defo getting a ps4, but I wish the best for nintendo! A really great company, and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been here in gaming. they've transformed gaming into a culture. The only thing about them that I don't like is their policy with limiting demos and their super decisions as of late.
    orle 5 years ago
    I thought it was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm also very excited now.
    feeg86 5 years ago
    Christ, it's like living the same year over and over with Nintendo.
    fightman5b2 5 years ago
    Wii U may well be shite, but id still have one over Xbone any day of the week.
    seeyoshirun 5 years ago
    @frazzl Oh. Yay. It's you again. I'm assuming you don't like playing video games with people. I'm getting Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Mario, DK, 101 and Sonic before the end of the year, plus a number of interesting-looking indie games, by the look of things. Nearly all of them support what looks to be some really awesome local multi, which is one of the most important things to me by far.
    SBandy 5 years ago
    I really, really wanted Starfox. Just hope Nintendo have a surprise or two in store.
    deported 5 years ago
    youtube watch?v=nLgiSuosdNU
    telboy007 5 years ago
    Not enough FPSes
    Mr-Writer 5 years ago
    WiiU*cringe
    seeyoshirun 5 years ago
    Am I the only person on EG who was actually happy with that? Maybe I'm the only one who likes playing video games with other people. In the same room.The one thing I wasn't thrilled with was Wind Waker HD, although if they *do* include the lost dungeons that would completely change my mind.But seriously, what exactly did you people want from them? They had a few curveballs in with the titles they know will sell systems - people have been calling for Mario/Smash/etc. for ages.
    Rhaegyr 5 years ago
    DamDai and Cobalt - who are you trying to convince here?
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    Same old shit year after year....Its the Nintendo way.
    TheEarlOfZinger 5 years ago
    Mario/mariokart/zelda/smash bros/Donkey KongIt's the same old shit year after year.
    Mikeeeboy1 5 years ago
    At least kiss me before you fuck me Nintendo!How utterly underwhelming and poor that was.Now I'm stuck with a paper weight for another six months until you release some more games.Nevermind bowing to me for my patience you should be down on your knees blowing me for your monumental fuck up that is Wii U!?!?
    Kami 5 years ago
    Whole thing was lazy and sloppy really, very unlike Nintendo. Perhaps this Direct thing isn't a good idea, because if it encourages this level of sedate information drip-feeding, then it's only going to frustrate more than it appeases...
    Skip to 38:45
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    If you go to the link below of Nintendo's stream it has a brief booth walkthrough at the end.You can see the full title of the sequel to A Link to the Past; it is called "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds".Also the new Yoshi's Island is called "Yoshi's New Island".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13D1I5s236o
    albo 5 years ago
    As a wii u owner that was underwhelming... especially given what we saw at yesterday's conferences
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    @DamDai they exist by playing on the nostalgia of old timers/man children and appealing to little kids.
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    @Keresky I don't even think that it's the hardware: look at what they accomplished with Super Mario Galaxy. It just seems to be a mindset that the game designs of the 80s are the only ones worth preserving. Why is it so important that we get have a return to SMB 2? Why is it so important to have more linear Mario games?
    peasoup 5 years ago
    Nintendo seem so apprehensive now days, unwilling to move away from key franchises. In this world of identikit fps we need Nintendo to be bold....makes me sad
    Rhaegyr 5 years ago
    wow, a lot of hate on Nintendo here, some need to simmer down
    Keresky 5 years ago
    @kinky_mong No need for valium. This stream was sleep-inducing enough already.
    Keresky 5 years ago
    @simsini I'd rather have wall-to-wall grey textures than yet another goddamned Mario Kart. But given the half-assed hardware they have to work with, I guess you can't blame Nintendo for just re-heating the same old crap.
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    Sony's reaction to Nintndo's E3 Direct Conference...http://youtu.be/8wcX-TAoymk?t=6m
    neoturfmaster 5 years ago
    Maybe I'll just dig out my SNES for xmas this year. No DRM! Healthy second hand market! Actual games available for purchase in 2013! *sigh*
    simsini 5 years ago
    All games seem to be competing to be darker (in colour as well as gameplay) than they were before. Nintendo are the only ones being different, by being the same.
    albo 5 years ago
    New trailer and name for zelda 3DS EG, cant beleive thsi wasn't in the direct : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAluniNRibs
    simsini 5 years ago
    I found it exicting to see some games being made that don't just feature various levels of grey textures.
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    @simsini That's alright :)
    pooKy1979 5 years ago
    This makes me so sad. It's like they've just given up. Where was Metroid, F-Zero ANYTHING!! C'mon guys. :-(
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    Sony do what NintenDON'T...
    Irvyne 5 years ago
    (sigh)Wildly disappointed. My stream skipped, and when it returned and I was watching footage of the new Mario, I thought, "Oh, okay. A new 3DS game. We didn't need ANOTHER Mario game, but oh well, looks pretty cool."When I found out it was actually the WiiU Mario, I saw red.I'm sure it will be fun, as will the new Donkey Kong, but WHERE'S THE NEW STUFF?? Smash Bros. looks exactly the same. (albeit with Mega Man - an awesome addition)
    simsini 5 years ago
    @Mister-Wario Apologies. I guess I should have aimed that at everyone. I can't see how any console is worth the money when none of them bring anything new that is worthwhile.
    SegaBlueSky 5 years ago
    Dammit Nintendo, you just had to put Mega Man in Smash Bros, didn't you? No interest in the Wii U whatsoever until I saw that trailer!
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    @simsini I'm not interested in any of the consoles at this point. Don't be so quick to assume condemnation of one console is automatically praise for another.
    Lince 5 years ago
    I will spend that money solely for the new Killzone game
    Lince 5 years ago
    Wii U has nothing like Infamous or even The Last of Us / Uncharted, games people hype not only kids with cute graphics, this is, my daughter smiled watching the Mario gameplay, it's too cute for adults even if gameplay is somewhat fun.
    simsini 5 years ago
    @Mister-Wario So what is there to get excited about? Why would anyone spend £349 or £429 on a new console this Christmas?
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    Nintendo: Always a disappointment.
    abacabb 5 years ago
    @damdai nintendo are a wealthier company than nike
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    @albo Nintendo are re-defining gaming xD lol
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    @simsini how do you know we were getting excited about shooters? I thought most of the games Sony was showing us looked pretty naff. My most anticipated Playstation game right now is Puppeteer.
    SidiousCyanide 5 years ago
    @albo lol
    Lince 5 years ago
    they could have had hardware similar to that of PS4 for the same money Wii U did cost at launch, they should have delayed the launch to compete with MS/Sony
    simsini 5 years ago
    There were many, many great games on all of those consoles. Did you play any of them?
    albo 5 years ago
    well look on the bright side, at least i can play as a fat Italian plumber midget dressed in a cat suit on my wii u. Happy days.
    peasoup 5 years ago
    @simsini it's because we know what Nintendo are capable of. Yet they continue to insult us.
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    Nintendo was once the brother I looked up to and admired and couldn't wait to hang around with. Now he's the brother with no job and no aspirations who tells you he will leave the house next month, or maybe the month after that. :(
    SidiousCyanide 5 years ago
    When you think about it, there was only really a handful of great games on the Wii, Gamecube, N64, I reckon it'll be the same for the Wii U.
    rmjo 5 years ago
    So did you guys forget about Earthbound already? ;) That'll keep me busy until the new Monolith RPG. But yeah...Wii U is kind of rushed.
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    Dissappointment at all that wasted potential & re-hashed repetitive crap they serve up.
    Lince 5 years ago
    not taking back their DS and 3DS consoles are absolutely brilliant, but the Wii U is nothing but a dust magnet at this point.
    simsini 5 years ago
    It just grates on me that everyone seemed so excited yesterday when all we got was yet another open world game or yet another shooter. When Nintendo do the same thing they always get criticised.
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    What do Nintendo even do with their money? Get those games out! Start up another studuo! Buy some exclusives!
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    @DamDai Too true man, too true
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    So the Wii U is being released in 2014 then?
    Lince 5 years ago
    that old Zelda is the only Wii U game for 2013 Holidays... a bit sad and of course Wii U will get trounced by PS4/Xbox One... what are they thinking ? are they going full portable gaming ?
    albo 5 years ago
    i was hoping for more info and added content on zelda. what they showed people pretty much predicted
    Keresky 5 years ago
    @darkmorgado Are you high? Literally every single goddamned game Nintendo showed was a rehash of an already ancient franchise.
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    This was just another Nintendo Direct. There was absolutely nothing that made this episode stand out from the others.
    SidiousCyanide 5 years ago
    Gotta be honest, wasn't really expecting Nintendo to rock my socks.
    3d mario footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uGyWnN7QHY
    Sniper_007 5 years ago
    So disappointing. I wasn't even hoping for new IP, but just a relaunch of a few old IPs. F-Zero, Starfox, even Wave Race. Something to make us remember why we used to love our old Nintendo consoles rather than even more delays!I have never regretted buying a console before, but this time I can't feel anything but disappointment :(
    albo 5 years ago
    the only surprise (well somewhat) was DK tropical breeze.
    @darkmorgado
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    @simsini No, we wanted either new games are established IPs that tried to shake up their older ideas. Like Super Mario Galaxy. Nothing about shooters at all.
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    im 18 actually and you can stop with your arrogant, condecending tone. Nintendo's line up was poor not much else there really..Only a fanboy(which you clearly are but deny)would say otherwise..
    Lince 5 years ago
    so sad my most anticipated Wii U game is some old Zelda remake you can already play on Dolphin emulator @1440p... 2014 titles too far off, Nintendo and Microsoft are quitting gaming business, it's all Sony again.
    TechnicPuppet 5 years ago
    In among the constant Xbox bashing you seem to have forgotten an article about the PS4 online being behind a paywall.
    vizzini 5 years ago
    It was like turning up for a medical with hamstring injury. Nintendo our now Ruud van Nistelrooy.
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    Anyone who says Nintendo's show was better than MS or Sony are of their trolleys. Seriously. Disappoint to the max.
    albo 5 years ago
    Where can i watch the e3 coverage nintendo just mentioed at the end of the direct?
    melnificent 5 years ago
    No new nintendo IP. Lots and lots of nostalgia game remakes.When did they become so risk averse?
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    I can't believe that I am actually considering buying the hardware nightmare that is Xbox One. It seems to be the only console with games.
    SidiousCyanide 5 years ago
    I bet those 2014 games will come late in the year.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    @HotcoolerNintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, if it wasn't for them there wouldn't even be a sequel.
    simsini 5 years ago
    It seems as if some people here just wanted the same generic shooters. Interesting to see some only coming in at the end with insults. I thought it was excellent overall, and although the delays are annoying, we know there are great things to come.
    Rodderz 5 years ago
    @Sid-NiceIt starts in 2014.
    seeyoshirun 5 years ago
    I'm gathering Eurogamer isn't Nintendo's crowd. Personally I want most of the games announced.And I don't see how making most of their games open-world/QTE/shooter makes the other companies more innovative.
    harryisme 5 years ago
    Ustream sucks, can't watch anything because it's constantly buffering and and jumping all over the place, do we not have any other streaming providers? Sony conference was just as bad, though not as bad as this.
    Sid-Nice 5 years ago
    When does this start?
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    @Cobalt_Jackal"More of the same old shite...No thanks i'll pass."You're 16. You don't even know what Old is. I've got clothes older than you.
    stevethemeat 5 years ago
    Some good stuff, still waiting for a true follow up to Mario 64.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    A bit too many mentions of 2014 but other than that pretty solid. Of course, as always, no real surprises but otherwise stellar line up. Also: MEGA MAN!!
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    It was okay...nothing compelling to my mind. Very nostalgic and looking to the past for inspiration. I'm sure there's more to it than that, especially in stuff like Smash Bros, but as it stands I have no interest in Wii U whatsoever.
    atomicjuicer 5 years ago
    No Metroid - well this makes my PS4 purchase decision even easier! Maybe a 3ds Metroid will come some day
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    How could Nintendo possibly have fucked up this generation more! They needed to come out with the big guns today. They announced nothing!
    SidiousCyanide 5 years ago
    Yeah.... I think I'll still end up getting a PS4 for Xmas...
    JayScott 5 years ago
    I was not expecting much but quite enjoyed that.
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    It's as if they WANT the Wii U to die.....
    Seuachi 5 years ago
    PS4 is going to be next gen's gaming console!
    Sir_Brightington_III 5 years ago
    Eh, kind of underwhelming. I'll just have to hope Bayonetta 2 goes multiplatform at some point (even though I know it won't).
    Cadence 5 years ago
    The new 3D Mario game was the only thing there that got my interest. That and the Xenoblades thing.
    Nah, we were hoping for a fully open world 64 style mario ;_;
    Hotcooler 5 years ago
    Well to be honest I really want to play Bayonetta... I loved the first one. And they have really bad choice of platform sadly. I fear I wont be able to find a living soul that has Wii U...
    LukehMuse 5 years ago
    I look forward to seeing these games again at next year's E3
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    They know what they are doing wrong, but they continue to do it... they will get their rewards for that.
    Baihu1983 5 years ago
    Wii U still a no buy for me.
    gamefan 5 years ago
    If Nintendo made a game called 2014, it would probably come out in 2016
    Psiloc 5 years ago
    *crickets*
    Seuachi 5 years ago
    LOL @Keresky
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    Not impressed in the slightest tbh..Nintendo must try harder.
    NotSoSlim 5 years ago
    People happy with that? Most are out next year. PointlessNo price cut either
    ryohazuki1983 5 years ago
    Some of the games look decent, missed MK and 3D world, but 2014 release dates s too far off
    Lince 5 years ago
    no Metroid... whatever happened to this franchise, man this was alright, most titles are 2014 but oh well I can wait while playing PC & PS4, but no Metroid breaks my heart...
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    Nintendo was BY FAR the worst. By faaaaaaaaaaaar.
    crooky369 5 years ago
    I assume Pokemon was on 3DS?
    atomicjuicer 5 years ago
    PS4 wins
    Cadence 5 years ago
    Where's Metroid, where's a new Zelda, F-Zero!
    jimboton 5 years ago
    too little, much too late
    Keresky 5 years ago
    Pathetic, but about what I expected from Nintendo: re-heated versions of the same four franchises they've been flogging for about 20+ years.
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    wait its over??? WE SAW NOTHING!
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    @simsini what Stolen the worst show award from MS?
    Nevflinn 5 years ago
    Hot damn, Megaman looks class. I'm stoked for Smash U!
    mal 5 years ago
    Now why couldn't the Sony show have been this short?
    JayScott 5 years ago
    Mega Man owning Mario was pretty great.
    BillMurray 5 years ago
    @simsini Really?
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    I can't even see half the stream due to lag!And Microsoft is enforcing always online.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    No Pikmin 3 despite being due asap. But fun stuff. MK8 looked amazing.
    JayScott 5 years ago
    @shaunwatter29I feel sorry for you. :p
    shaunwatters29 5 years ago
    was that it??!?!?!?!?!?!
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    patriot 5 years ago
    fuck i wanna play megaman 2 now
    simsini 5 years ago
    Nintendo have stolen the show completely here. Great stuff.
    Seuachi 5 years ago
    And he has his different abilities!
    shaunwatters29 5 years ago
    ohh another exactly the same supersmash brozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    @irve77 I thought the theme was Nintendo are releasing 1 game per month/quarter
    every game except those from Platinum and Monolith look like Xmas morning
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    I wasn't that impressed by it either to be honest, pretty boring.
    Seuachi 5 years ago
    MEGAMAN!!!
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG MEGA MAN IN SMASH BROS
    rmjo 5 years ago
    OMFG! Mega MAN!!!!
    shaunwatters29 5 years ago
    @JayScott i am indeed, fool
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    It looks....alright? I guess? Ooh, Mega Man!
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    Megaman!
    simsini 5 years ago
    OMG WOW!!! A new F-Zero!!!
    irve77 5 years ago
    there is certainly a theme here .. buy a Wii U in 2014
    OMG
    Seuachi 5 years ago
    SUPER SMASH BROS 3DS!!
    mal 5 years ago
    Multiplatform Smash Bros? Cool!
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    More of the same old shite...No thanks i'll pass.
    that made me want a 1080p remake of Skyward Sword with no motion controls
    Wait for him to say delayed to 2015
    melnificent 5 years ago
    Training section of Smash Bros has you just pummelling Tom Nook repeatedly.
    rmjo 5 years ago
    worlds lagiest stream
    Wii-U and 3DS
    JayScott 5 years ago
    @shaunwatters29Are you watching the same conference as everyone else you idiot?
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    I like the new art style.
    Osahi 5 years ago
    Oh, its smash bros with animal crossing char. Nook can f of then!
    peasoup 5 years ago
    Man i really wanted to see a Metroid or Starfox
    linkster 5 years ago
    ah crap
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    SMASH BROS!
    Uncle_Spanks 5 years ago
    Did someone say Star Fox?! Nintendo didn't :(
    Segnit 5 years ago
    Why the horrible lag is why ND is a bad idea.
    Osahi 5 years ago
    Seems like I'll be working my arse off for Tom Nook again...
    Lince 5 years ago
    that Monolith game looked delicious, Wii U has some powerful innards devs should learn how to tackle
    Thiral 5 years ago
    SUPER SMASH!1
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    SMASH RBSO!!!
    shaunwatters29 5 years ago
    damn so far this is bloody terrible - poor old nintendo. Time to call it a day and do a Sega
    Nevflinn 5 years ago
    Tom Nook confirmed for SSB4!!
    Dismiss 5 years ago
    Xenoblade looks pretty nice
    BlastPhoenix 5 years ago
    Smash Bros?
    Smashing time.
    atomicjuicer 5 years ago
    Sweet
    melnificent 5 years ago
    Another delay... getting seriously annoyed now
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    "The player will drive the human-shaped robot"- love how accessible Nintendo make everything.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Monster Hunter with these graphics = instawin.
    Cadence 5 years ago
    OK, now F-Zero please.
    karlo87 5 years ago
    X looks awesome.
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    buzz killing lag!
    vizzini 5 years ago
    Has he used the word cloud yet?
    simsini 5 years ago
    Exactly Mister-Wario, this looks absolutely fantastic.
    Progguitarist 5 years ago
    Metroid U please
    Cadence 5 years ago
    Take my money!
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    this looks amazing
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    If you're going into Nintendo Directs expecting cutting-edge graphics at this point you're doing it wrong. It's not like it looks awful or anything.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    Music makes me want to tear my ears off right now.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Nope.
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    awesome music
    Wow.
    2014 titles... Wii U needs something big for the winter holidays....come on
    Nevflinn 5 years ago
    Holy moley, Monolith Soft's new game!
    xenoblade sequel
    jimboton 5 years ago
    I can't believe they're pulling another new super mario bros U, only with DK :(
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    Monolithsoft. Again with those goose bumps!
    BuckFuttons 5 years ago
    Those graphics look painfully current gen tho :'(
    Progguitarist 5 years ago
    Where is METROID
    simsini 5 years ago
    @Mister-Wario Yes, but you could then say everything that has been revealed in the last two days looks the same.
    New. Monolith. Game.
    Dismiss 5 years ago
    Wow, Bayonetta 3 should be a stunner.
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    Oh dear god, Retro was working on DK.....Uuuuuugh
    Bayonetta 2 looks amazing
    siallen 5 years ago
    Clam shot hi 5
    karlo87 5 years ago
    @simsini oh i agree, i don't like them either lol
    nakedlunch 5 years ago
    new hairstyle AND costume?!I'm there
    Osahi 5 years ago
    I think I just got sensored by Ustream. One crotch shot and the stream buckles
    X201 5 years ago
    Haircuts FTW \o/
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    dat ass
    Lince 5 years ago
    cure Mario graphics, cute Zelda, cute Donkey Kong... and suddenly, Bayonetta bitch lol, a game you would never expect on a Nintendo console.
    BlastPhoenix 5 years ago
    Liking the short hair look
    Lol stream broke on Bayonetta!! Fuck my life :(
    gamefan 5 years ago
    big question is how are they to sell more WiiU's?
    karlo87 5 years ago
    Oooft B2 looks awesome
    mal 5 years ago
    Bit laggy. Sounds like Martina Hingis is playing.
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    @simsini you're assuming we don't think that about FIFA or shooters as well.
    FINISH HER!!
    Seuachi 5 years ago
    BAYONETTA!!!
    wayn3h 5 years ago
    haha
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    THE BITCH IS BACK!!!
    gamingdave 5 years ago
    These games are exactly why I bought a WiiU. Shame its been gathering dust for months but this xmas is going to be a cracker if you like pure games.
    wayn3h 5 years ago
    groin shot
    HairyArse 5 years ago
    Vaginal close-up.
    simsini 5 years ago
    @karlo87 It depends what you are looking for. One could argue every FIFA or shooter looks the same.
    SidiousCyanide 5 years ago
    I was all played out on platformers by the end of the 16-bit era.
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    Except for 101, why don't nintendo ever make any different games, its always Mario/Karts/DK etc.
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    @vert1go Agreed. This looks so underwhelming.
    Bayonetta!
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    Another girl playable in a Nintendo game! Maybe the Wii-U is the real revolution?
    Cadence 5 years ago
    Bayonetta 2!!!
    gamefan 5 years ago
    DK looks god, for though the DK game on WII was OK but the controls were awful hope they don't screw them up here by forcing you to look at the wii pad too much
    simsini 5 years ago
    Stunt FX would make my start hyperventilating.
    Progguitarist 5 years ago
    They're actually showing gameplay...WTF!
    £10 says DK is delayed
    Cobalt_Jackal 5 years ago
    His Engrish is really good. Seriously though im impressed i didn't know Iwata san could speak it so fluently.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    These trailers better be on the eshop in HD the INSTANT this is over. 1080P plz.
    Lince 5 years ago
    these should have been launch titles, price drop + these magnificent games should see Wii U overtaking the Xbox One at least.
    karlo87 5 years ago
    I've never been a DK fan, every game looks exactly the same
    Old_Books 5 years ago
    I love all this but none of these are going to convince the doubters I think.
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    These all look like Wii/3DS games. Where is next gen?
    DacoitOne 5 years ago
    Stunt FX for Wii U needs to show up soon. I think I'd pop if it did.
    atomicjuicer 5 years ago
    Wow DK u looks excellent
    simsini 5 years ago
    Any there is the money shot.
    Sir_Brightington_III 5 years ago
    Cutest viking ever.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    I don't play the DK games but gotta appreciate that.
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    Donky Kong....Yaaaaaawn.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Some of these look bloody beautiful.
    Osahi 5 years ago
    Looking good Kong!
    Donkey Kong! YEAH!
    simsini 5 years ago
    Nintendo games just have that Christmas morning magic that Sony and Microsoft can't provide. The graphics look great, games are for everyone.
    ZeldOctober
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    Yeah I want to see smash bros
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    Wind Waker looks gorgeous. Can't wait to play it all over again
    wayn3h 5 years ago
    this is what MS's more casual games are missing.. soul
    seeyoshirun 5 years ago
    5-player Wonderful 101? HELL YES!
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    @vert1go agreed
    Seuachi 5 years ago
    I want to see Smash Bros.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    siallen get your eyes tested then. seriously.
    Pro_wrestler 5 years ago
    Thar 3D Mario better not be the successor to Mario Galaxy 2.
    ryohazuki1983 5 years ago
    A year wait is too long for MK, WiiU needs it now!
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    OK release date for Wonderful 101, c'mon do it!
    siallen 5 years ago
    Wind waker hahahaha looks awful on the eye
    patriot 5 years ago
    if ever a kid went missing in my neighbourhood and tingle had a house nearby, he'd be suspect #1 ... just sayin
    simsini 5 years ago
    We just need a new Mario Golf for Wii U, not just 3DS.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    Oh God can you imagine the amount of abusive messages in a bottle you will find?
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    That message-in-a-bottle thingy looks interesting.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    That is a mad, crazy, delightful feature.
    Osahi 5 years ago
    @simsini Wut? Watch Dogs looked lots and lots smudgier, and didn't have the same great lightning effects as on next gen...
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    nice!
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    @simsini I think you need to go to specsavers mate.... the wii-u graphics do not look anywhere as good
    davidlea 5 years ago
    I've got literally no idea what he's on about at this point!
    simsini 5 years ago
    Overall, very impressed so far.
    Cadence 5 years ago
    argh, it's just tingle. fuck it
    johnsmith123456 5 years ago
    It would be nice if they did add more dungeons
    Cadence 5 years ago
    some adjustments to the game!
    simsini 5 years ago
    The graphics on these reveals look no worse than Xbox One and PS4.
    skunkfish 5 years ago
    Never played this apart from a brief go on Dolphin, looking forward to it...
    gamingdave 5 years ago
    I know its a remake, but I have so many happy memories of WW and can't wait to play it again.
    1080P CONFIRMED!
    vert1go 5 years ago
    LOOK! COLOURS! ACTUAL COLOURS!
    gamefan 5 years ago
    WW will look better but IT AINT NEW!
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Hope they finished off the last section properly and took the bloody pauses out of sword hits.
    Osahi 5 years ago
    That looks amazing in HD... Wish they would make a totally new one in this art style (but not with a train :p)
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    You know I bought this day 1 but never completed it. I'm tempted to buy this even though I have a Wii and the original!
    Mister-Wario 5 years ago
    It does look very pretty.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    I still get goosebumps when I here that Zelda music...
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    X201 5 years ago
    I loved WindWaker.
    Wind Waker looks sooooo purdy in HD
    WW HD. *licking screen.*
    telboy007 5 years ago
    I've already played wind waker, it was good but no more.
    Spin The Bottle = instabuy
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    ZLEEDDAA
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Already more gameplay footage than either other big conference combined.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    @vert1goNot new, remake of first one on Playstation.
    karlo87 5 years ago
    Was that really the new Mario? Looked... boring
    telboy007 5 years ago
    spin... the... bottle... ?
    New Oddworld.
    NewbieZilla 5 years ago
    Bayonetta 2 release date, please.
    Sir_Brightington_III 5 years ago
    Oooh, Ballpoint Universe! I loved that on PC.
    Ballpoint Universe intrigues.
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    Ubisoft are supporting the Wii-U well, looks like one of the few that are...
    melnificent 5 years ago
    @X201 Nope Mario, mario, ds game remakes, Wii games upressed and delayed.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    WATCHDOGS. Not Watch Dogs. ONE WORD.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    @X201Pokemon X and Y Oct this year.Sequel to Super Marioland on Wii U. 4 player simultaneous release with classes same as Super Mario Bros 2.Mario Kart 8 with Anti-Grav upside-down driving.Delayed Wii Fit and Mario Party.
    vizzini 5 years ago
    Iwata: “we hope you continue to surprise us by finishing your drawings before showing them to us”
    simsini 5 years ago
    @Lethally-Obese the same can be said of the Xbox One and PS4 in relation to the Xbox 360 and PS3.
    X201 5 years ago
    Just joined, have I missed anything earth shattering?
    melnificent 5 years ago
    DS game, DS game, DS game....Come on Nintendo that was people trolling saying WiiU was like an overgrown DS.
    davidlea 5 years ago
    @simsini It's not that exciting!
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    The streams yesterday were pretty dismal, just goes to show we cannot rely on the internet for content :)
    Miiverse Artist? Fun.
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    They should try to actual release some games. But they don't look like much at any rate, just ressed up Wii games. The assets and character models look nearly identical to the old Wii and 3DS versions.
    Miiverse 3DS pleasepleaseplease
    Thiral 5 years ago
    Awesome, better drawings :D
    vizzini 5 years ago
    The visuals look very polished on 3D mario; the glass rendering is a big step up for Ninty, but aspect ratio looks wrong on the characters and camera looked fixed
    Here look at this..... DELAYED
    simsini 5 years ago
    Anyone else building up to reaching for the tissues towards the end?
    wayn3h 5 years ago
    streaming it on my twitch if anyones still having issueshttp://www.twitch.tv/wayn3h
    SSnakez 5 years ago
    This stream is diabolical
    AmicableWalrus 5 years ago
    Please understand. *laughs*
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Wii Fit U delay makes me sad. (Yes I use Wii Fit Plus)
    Thiral 5 years ago
    Ya, a good party game is always good to have :)
    RichyRichh77 5 years ago
    @karlo87 Try one of the Twitch TV ones, they were the most reliable I had all through yesterdays conferences.http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/E3%202013/live
    seeyoshirun 5 years ago
    Super Mario 3D World looks genuinely amazing. That's going to be so much fun.
    mal 5 years ago
    Damnit, now MK's going up the walls makes it less likely we'll see a proper F-Zero update this gen. Oh well, looks nice enough.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Party U at least looks amusing.
    davidlea 5 years ago
    New Mario Cart, only a year away. Seriously?
    Mr.Spo 5 years ago
    3D World looked good but not amazing, Kart 8 on the other hand, looked absolutely brilliant.
    atomicjuicer 5 years ago
    Come on METROID announcement..
    Moz 5 years ago
    anyone else having trouble with the stream?
    makeamazing 5 years ago
    More mini games, what a surprise
    vizzini 5 years ago
    karts only, no bikes you idiots. /facepalm
    Pynchon 5 years ago
    vert1go 5 years ago
    MK8 looks easily on par with anything of XbOXO or PS4 so far. Beautiful. Scale and depth.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    Peach isn't being rescued in Super Mario 3D Land?Has Nintendo been watching Tropes Vs Women?
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    Why is eurogamer being so sarcastic. nintendo not having mario games would be fucking wierd
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    Super Mario 3D Lands looks interesting, but not what I was expecting. Mario Kart looks amazing.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    nintendo.co.uk stream is the best working one.
    telboy007 5 years ago
    mario kart 8 does look pretty snazzy
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Mario Kart 8. I see what you did with that logo there.
    Raiko101 5 years ago
    Yay. No stream here or on the Nintendo UK website. :(
    And the video is still down, stay classy EG :D
    roz123 5 years ago
    3D mario looks amazing. Especially that cat suit
    telboy007 5 years ago
    CAT MARIO!!!!!!!!
    karlo87 5 years ago
    Every stream is terrible
    sanctusmortis 5 years ago
    If you can't see the stream go to Nintendo's home page, it's on there
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Ingame but looks like old rendering - wow.
    Thiral 5 years ago
    I missed the pokémon part of the stream, did it look like the same old?
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    Is this for the 3DS or Wii U?
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Wow. Mario Kart looks goooodddd..
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    3D Land was fantastic. And I'm loving it that they bring back the unique abilities from Super Mario Bros 2.
    Osahi 5 years ago
    damn stream doesn't work here
    joeymoto108 5 years ago
    Cat Mario? I fucking despise cats
    vert1go 5 years ago
    It isn't brown and is making me smile. Sold.
    Progguitarist 5 years ago
    Looks lush
    Super mario bros 2: 3D
    Vasenor 5 years ago
    The stream on the official site seems to be malfunctioning as well. Or at the very least the site is.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    MUTIPLAYER 3D MARIO! WOOOOO!
    peasoup 5 years ago
    Miaow!
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    ahahaah
    Super Mario 3D World.
    Thiral 5 years ago
    catz
    Raiko101 5 years ago
    @gamingdave Got a link?
    Whoops, that's Japanese.
    3D Land with a twist.
    roz123 5 years ago
    Iwata was the inspiration for 50 Cents hit P.I.M.P.
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    Looks like a Wii game
    Raiko101 5 years ago
    Can't find a working stream anywhere.
    Mario looks gorgeous.
    gamingdave 5 years ago
    EG stream down again. Just like the MS one was for me yesterday.Working fine on nintendo.co.uk
    erp 5 years ago
    @Donlan No problem! I really hope it's good now... ;)
    shadowdogg 5 years ago
    it hasn't started yet right?
    Rhaegyr 5 years ago
    definitely hope to see more of 'X'
    The_Asking 5 years ago
    @darkmorgado it's not over here. Keep looking!
    peasoup 5 years ago
    @danielleinberger try going direct to nintendo
    Get it via Nintendo.co.uk
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    I cant see it where is it
    javvyman 5 years ago
    It's 15:03! where's the stream EG?? WHERE'S THE STREAM!
    Argh, can't see anything, Stream is nothing but black :(
    Pokemon + Nintendogs.
    Skith666 5 years ago
    Is the stream working for anyone else?
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    where's the bloody video?
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    where i cant see it
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Exactly Javvyman. We know most of what to expect.
    Eldritch 5 years ago
    Maybe Pikmin 3 isn't half bad.
    nathanherbener 5 years ago
    If they bring a pokemon game like the main series but with all the regions... I will be so damn happy, too bad it may not happen
    javvyman 5 years ago
    Think people have got unrealistic expectations, we'll see Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros... maybe a a couple of new titles... wait a sec! that's a freaking awesome line-up!
    peasoup 5 years ago
    its on now
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    I love the way he says "Direct". So '70s Sci-Fi.
    Hieronymus 5 years ago
    Right, let's see what Nintendo has to offer. I have not been a Nintendo user since the Gamecube but I can only hope they rock seeing it's such a fine company.
    Psiloc 5 years ago
    So... do we press 'play' or not?
    Raiko101 5 years ago
    Either i'm being left in the dark or Nintendo's E3 website is having a fit.
    Progguitarist 5 years ago
    METROID!!!!!! MAKE IT SO!
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    When is the Nintendo direct
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    Yeah, I like the way you think @DamDaiBut im staying with Microsoft
    tiffaneyplamondon 5 years ago
    @Danielleinberger You might think so. But no one else will uy it for those exact reasons. And its policies are what is going to kill it in the console war. It can't compare anymore. Sony offers the better game system right now. Microsoft can change those policies later, but it will be the point then and there that they failed the first time,a nd everyone would have already fell in with SOny
    jellyBelly 5 years ago
    ITS PEGGI 18
    melnificent 5 years ago
    Pokemon adventure on Wii U, like the old Gamecube ones :)
    PeterAJTaylor 5 years ago
    @SpaceMonkey77 F-Zero to be honest, particularly if it is made in collaboration with Sega, an even better soundtrack than GX and has online play for 30 vehicles at once...
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Good luck with that Prismbox One then. Ripe for it.
    Ziz0u 5 years ago
    I really hope they can turn this ship around. I would love to get a Wii U over a Xbox One.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    I'd go with Wave Race as well because I thought that the cube one was horrible and it deserves another chance :/
    GAF status: Down
    ISmoke 5 years ago
    Show new Pokemon, that's all you need to do
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    Well you know its on opion but, overall you pay for the availabilities on the xbox, sure it will have 24 hour check in online, but Microsoft has beaten Sony last time you know and I think Microsoft can still win this generatation, I love microsoft so yeah, I think Microsoft has more things on it thats why its 100 more dollars. @DamDai
    nathanherbener 5 years ago
    I got my pepsi ready, with my biscuits and dip... Lets get crackin :D
    neoturfmaster 5 years ago
    I'd love to see a new Mario Party game...Only joking. Come on, announce a new Advance Wars already!
    ColdShoulder 5 years ago
    Waverace
    Skith666 5 years ago
    C'mon Nintendo, really pull something great out and make us remember why we love you!
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    @vertigo lets hope so!
    ShiftBreaker 5 years ago
    Tea's ready, and I'm open minded to the Wii U. Impress me, Nintendo.
    tiffaneyplamondon 5 years ago
    @DamDai There is cross game chat, party chat. The servers? We will have to wait and see
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    @Tom Phillips"The conference won't just be about Wii U, of course"So why have nintendo said it's all about the Wii U?
    albo 5 years ago
    Maybe they cut out some stuff based on yesterdays conferences...
    Skith666 5 years ago
    @Doonvas - Professional layabout so I'm fine - as you know mate ;-)
    erp 5 years ago
    @Donlan Yup! It's called Globulous.
    albo 5 years ago
    yeah, sucks that they told us weeks ago it would be one hour and then change it last minute
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Not that worrying. Less pissing about with celebrities and "funny" material and CGI trailers.
    mintgreen 5 years ago
    Watching at work too. Boss is away, mice will play!
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    is it in like 6 minutes
    orangpelupa 5 years ago
    agh... i cant watch nintendo. Need to sleep early tonight. Square enix has press event on the next day (12 june 2013) in my country.
    ColdShoulder 5 years ago
    All I want is quality. Nintendo can take their sweet time with anything as long as it's worth the wait.
    nathanherbener 5 years ago
    Okay awesome, I'm in Australia so I can watch it :D
    PeterAJTaylor 5 years ago
    @SpaceMonkey77 Of course water is different, I just meant the settings. Can't see Nintendo putting out two futuristic racing games on a similar timescale.
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    Im geting the Xbox one cause ive always been an xbox fan, and a nintendo fan.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Today but at 2am UK time according to the planner I saw.
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    Worrying news that this is only 37mins long :(
    albo 5 years ago
    Yeah, hate it when they have different content in different regions for the direct. feels lkike im missing a lot of stuff from other directs
    Eldritch 5 years ago
    @Der_tolle_Emil Didn't know that at all, cheers!
    Thiral 5 years ago
    I usually buy all consoles. I got a Wii U (and love it) and I will get a PS4, but I wont get a xbox one for sure.
    nathanherbener 5 years ago
    @Vert1go Okay, do you know what time/day?
    kirinnokoshin 5 years ago
    @Skith666 So am I, Balls to it :-)
    KuningasDon 5 years ago
    @Skith666 Totally worth it.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    @Eldritch Gargoyle's Quest 2 was released on the NES. And #3 more or less on the SNES as Demon's Crest :)
    vert1go 5 years ago
    A Pokemon X/Y direct is planned for later.
    Skith666 5 years ago
    I'm certain I'm going to get fired for this! Watching whilst at work
    Mr.Spo 5 years ago
    Apparently the Direct is roughly 40 minutes long, so I wouldn't have unrealistic expectations.
    melstevenson 5 years ago
    ps4- but i wanna see whats happening on the 3ds side- I mean I wanna see pokemon X and Y and Zelda :D
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    I want a game entirely dedicated to Pilotwing 64's birdman.
    kamps09 5 years ago
    @danielleinberger PS4
    nathanherbener 5 years ago
    I hope they release some more info on Pokemon X and Y
    simsini 5 years ago
    Can't wait for this. Yesterday was just the starter, this is the main course, dessert, cheese and biscuits and coffee and mints.
    Eldritch 5 years ago
    Gargoyle's Quest 2.
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    Hey guys tell me what system everyone in here is going to get the Xbox one or Ps4
    Raiko101 5 years ago
    Online multiplayer Pilotwings please! I've only been waiting for it for the best part of two decades!
    vert1go 5 years ago
    I think they'll have enough trouble squeezing in just the games we already know of.
    albo 5 years ago
    Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto and eiji Aonuma are all at e3 right now. Should be interesting to see what they present at the press event after the direct...
    PeterAJTaylor 5 years ago
    @SpaceMonkey77 Doesn't/Wouldn't F-Zero U fill that particular niche?
    melstevenson 5 years ago
    Oh great I made it on time :D
    Daryoon 5 years ago
    Pokemon Snap for Wii U and I'm sold.
    Super Pang Mii U
    erp 5 years ago
    @Donlan There's a Tetrisphere knockoff on Android (of course!). No idea if it's any good though.
    MikkyX 5 years ago
    @joelstinton Super Pang U!
    Eldritch 5 years ago
    I'd actually buy a Wii U for Advance Wars.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    @SpaceMonkey77 Haven't tried that yet. The only puzzle game I spent more time with than Tetrisphere would be Super Puzzle Fighter.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Gamecube VC news would be nice - expect we'll hear more of the Summer Update too.
    jellyBelly 5 years ago
    LOL@gif of Iwata rising from the coffin, its just too much...
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    I like to see an new e-shop version of PANG!
    PeterAJTaylor 5 years ago
    @joelstinton What if a new Wave Race game was set to a rave soundtrack? That would be an insta-buy!
    roz123 5 years ago
    The game I most want to see is Smash Bros
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Stunt Race. So many time trial hours.
    mintgreen 5 years ago
    f-zero wii u wud be huge
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    @peterAJtaylor Doh! sorry man! tired eyes, tired mind.Wave Race!Rave Race!Wace Rave..... goes on!
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    @SpaceMonkey77 You forgot Tetrisphere 2.
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UmHKTX9H4&feature=player_detailpageThat should get you ready for the conference.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    Dare to dream...An RPG set in the F-Zero universe in which you control Samurai Goroh in search of his stolen pink ride.From the people that brought you "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland"!
    F Zero UX, Metroid U, Super Mario U-niverse. Please understand
    telboy007 5 years ago
    I'm lubbin' my 3DS but very unlikely to buy the Wii U. There is quite contrasting success between their handhelds and consoles post SNES era. Except the Wii which sold like hot cakes obviously.
    danielleinberger 5 years ago
    Hey where is Reggie
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    Anyone thinking they are ready to announce gamecube VC yet?
    mintgreen 5 years ago
    if mario u is a galaxy sequel then i'm not interested
    PeterAJTaylor 5 years ago
    Wave Rave? Sounds great!
    mintgreen 5 years ago
    stunt race fx? no thanks, awful game
    VideoGameAddict25 5 years ago
    Super Mario Galaxy 3?Mario Kart U?
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    @vert1go Stunt Race FX was brilliant. That game always made me really happy when I played it.
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    'Next gen' water always looks good, a good way to sell graphics. Expecting Wave Rave!
    Mozz-eyes 5 years ago
    I have my Doritos and Mountain Dew ready for this.Oh wait, wrong console.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Stunt Race FX would result in more money being thrown at screens than Wiimotes allegedly were.
    TheHead 5 years ago
    Announce a new game from Retro studios and im sold!
    1080P Zelda Wind Waker trailer plzthx
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Surprise handheld announcement: Nintendo 1DS.
    I never played Star Tropics :(
    tiffaneyplamondon 5 years ago
    It's also been stated that Pokemon X/Y news will be given to us consectibly. Supposedly an appearence on the Direct, The CoroCoro scans, and that Tv show Pokemon Smash is supposed to all have new information.
    Mr.Spo 5 years ago
    Also, Star Tropics revival from Retro Studio. kthxbai.
    Mr.Spo 5 years ago
    Fair enough, but I'd be surprised if they bothered with 3DS in any depth. It's doing absolutely fine and has a full line up to the end of the year. They could quite easily broadcast another Direct tomorrow about 3DS.Fingers crossed for F Zero Wii U.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    I hope Nintendo took Ellie's idea from yesterday and Mario will have a Quaver rifle.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    @Mr.Spo Nintendo have previously said Direct presentations were for a specific platform and had stuff for the other. No guarantee.
    Eldritch 5 years ago
    Axelay 2.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    And it isn't as if the games aren't different each time. Even in those cases.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    The all nighter crew are back with a vengeance I see :)
    Mr.Spo 5 years ago
    Don't expect anything for 3DS: Nintendo have been completely clear that this Direct is Wii U only. So Tom, this Direct WILL be Wii U only. 3DS has had lots of love since February, with a Direct every month and everything from Pokemon X&Y to Link to the Past 2 announced.From Nintendo's website:"Welcome to our Nintendo Direct@E3 2013 broadcast! Watch the presentation for the latest news on future Wii U software!"
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid... fifty? Franchise usage isn't limited to Nintendo.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    "New stuff" like Forza... Five. Halo... Five...? ;)
    minky-kong 5 years ago
    Have EG done the right thing and slipped a couple of Valium into Ellie's coffee so we're spared her snarky attempts at comedy?
    vert1go 5 years ago
    If only there was some way I could continue playing Mass Effect 3 with the TV showing Nintendo Direct... wait... I have a gamepad that can do that.
    Eldritch 5 years ago
    Pretty sure, that is.
    Eldritch 5 years ago
    I'm pretty Ninty will kick everybdy's arse next year. They've always been full of surprises. And, yes, they're totally loaded.
    Ignatius_Cheese 5 years ago
    @Skowhegan Haha even you can have your moments on occasion! Got some puns lined up to go?
    tiffaneyplamondon 5 years ago
    Thank you muchly!
    Half an hour to go!
    MikkyX 5 years ago
    @tiffaneyplamondon about 32 minutess from now, wherever you are.
    @tiffaneyplamondon or 30 minutes from now
    vert1go 5 years ago
    " We all know Nintendo stuff sells loads, no doubt. But"No but needed. I think after 20+ years people know to buy FOR the Nintendo stuff. I like to think people have realised it by now.
    @tiffaneyplamondon 10AM
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    @space just enjoy the show man! :)
    tiffaneyplamondon 5 years ago
    Quick question, can anyone tell me when this confrence starts Eastern Time (New York Time)?
    tomphillipsEG 5 years ago
    @Ignatius_Cheese (Don't worry, funny people will take over soon) :D
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Woo, Christian. If only Ellie were here too!
    tomphillipsEG 5 years ago
    @Ignatius_Cheese We're having a late lunch which feels like breakfast :)
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    Man that coffin GIF beats some of the Kaz ones doing the rounds, sublime! Just needs to be edited with Don Matrick getting into it
    Ignatius_Cheese 5 years ago
    Ah! Welcome Christian! :) Good to have you here for added comedic effect.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    The doom and gloom is nothing new. Happened with the Wii, the DS, and even more with the 3DS for over a year.A little over 6 months the Wii U has had so far - and it sold better at launch than anything except the previous best selling launch console.
    Ignatius_Cheese 5 years ago
    Are you the only staffer covering this, Tom? Is everyone else still in bed?
    TonyHarrison 5 years ago
    Nintendo's recovery job has been made easier by Microsoft.Had both Sony and Microsoft knocked it out of the park this week, things would have been very different, but MS are intent on enforcing policies even more "draconian" than those Nintendo used to drag the industry out of the gaming crash.
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    @SpaceMonkey77 The Wii U flopping wouldn't be anywhere near enough to kill off Nintendo.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Feel free to look up the top selling Wii games from those franchises vs any big PS3 or 360 franchise you care to name. Go on. Go right ahead. The difference is TENS OF MILLIONS more in some cases. So yeah, there's demand for those games. More than for any others. By a long way. On that "casual" console.
    Ignatius_Cheese 5 years ago
    @Skowhegan Some of us are having to wait til Friday to sample the delights of Animal Crossing... :(
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    @spacemonkey Ahh the logic of when nintendo do well its pure luck, when they do bad its entirely down to each minute detail and decision by nintendo. Don't forgot the wii u comes of the back of 3 very succesful products. If they can turn it around, they can
    tomphillipsEG 5 years ago
    @Ignatius_Cheese Got it. Nintendo has fumbled Wii U so far, but Animal Crossing and the recent 3DS renaissance is making me very happy.
    tiagoalmeida 5 years ago
    Regie's yearbook picture? That's awesome :D
    vert1go 5 years ago
    (Minor correction -99.6m, not .06)
    geminifly 5 years ago
    Could they have not timed this to fit in better with the lunch interval at the cricket?
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Oh and by the way - those numbers happen to indicate real things. Facts are useful in this way.
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    @Spacemonkey77You forget the absolute shit-tonne of money that Nintendo get from Pokemon licensing and their merchandise.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Underestimating how big Mario Kart, SSB and Mario sells - always a good idea.
    Yes. I do.
    joelstinton 5 years ago
    Looking forward to this!
    vert1go 5 years ago
    I bet on Miiverse for 3DS "after this ends." (More wishful)
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Yeah they're screwed. Guaranteed system sellers and multimillion sellers like those, on top of that 99.06M selling previous console and the 3DS.
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    @SpaceMonkey77How are they screwed? They're rolling in cash.
    Ignatius_Cheese 5 years ago
    @darkmorgado - Then you are more of a fool than useful :) Tom is the biggest Nintendo fanboy on the EG team. He's just jaded by their recent performance.
    jasondonervan 5 years ago
    Full SNES library available and ready to buy on eShop (Wii U and 3DS) immediately after conference finishes.#IHaveADream
    Ignatius_Cheese 5 years ago
    I'm boycotting work until I've seen what Ninty have to offer. Depending on the results, my productivity may increase or decrease. The ball is in your court, Nintendo!
    And probably Yarn Yoshi.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Along with the new Retro game which may or may not be Metroid.
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    I'm getting the distinct impression that Tom really bloody hates Nintendo. Hardly the sort of person I'd trust to provide open-minded commentary on this.
    vert1go 5 years ago
    Games we know are to be at E3; Mario Kart. Zelda WW HD. New 3D Mario. Expect alongside Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, NSLU.
    Ignatius_Cheese 5 years ago
    introiboad 5 years ago
    Nintendo need to make a big game splash here. At this point their project Cafe feels more diluted than what you get in German motorway rest stops.
    bradking 5 years ago
    Okay , thanks for the help! 45 Minutes to go .. :)
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    @Der_tolle_EmilMiyamoto has said he has absolutely no plans at all for F-Zero anymore as he can't think of anything new to do with it that would justify a new entry.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    @bradking: If you had a system restore from a backup thats +-2 months old you might want to check your DST settings.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    Regarding price cuts: I don't see a direct price cut as something Nintendo would want to do - bundles, however, especially with their upcoming 1st party lineup sound much more likely though.
    mentalabhoration 5 years ago
    Will the stream work? don't make me listen to that awful waffling on IGN again please.
    bradking 5 years ago
    Yeah. My phone has the countdown correctly . i did have to change the time a few days ago as had system restore could that have affected the js ?
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    @bradking: Timezone set correctly as well?
    vert1go 5 years ago
    I hear they're going to actually show footage of gameplay. I know, I know, a new idea but just bear with it...
    jasondonervan 5 years ago
    Please be excited.
    bradking 5 years ago
    the time on my pc is 14:08 . Exactly the same time as every other device i own :L
    The12thMonkey 5 years ago
    That Riker .gif has single handedly ruined my last ten minutes of productivity
    jamyskis 5 years ago
    I'm hoping that Nintendo don't botch this up. The console desperately needs some first-party class acts to build on the goodwill that it has garnered after the disaster that was the Xbox One.If Nintendo get it right this done and they don't let Reggie's hubris get in the way of things, they have an ideal opportunity to become second-placed in this race.
    kassmageant 5 years ago
    Sold xbox' was going to buy ps 3 for the last of us, but since itlooks like gaikai for ps 4 will take care of that - you actually have a chance at grabbing my attention ninny, show watcha got gurl!
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    @bradking---Why is e3.nintendo.com countdown stopped yet UK has to wait till 3pm ?---Because you have set your time wrong on your computer (countdown is javascript and reacts to your local time)
    jamyskis 5 years ago
    @Xboned1) Agreed.2) Awesome name.
    bradking 5 years ago
    Why is e3.nintendo.com countdown stopped yet UK has to wait till 3pm ?
    StooMonster 5 years ago
    Nintendo 3DS XL with Animal Crossing is very much on my youngest's birthday wish list. But the household still hasn't seen any reason to want a Wii U yet … perhaps the big N can change that this afternoon?
    Darren 5 years ago
    I think I will give this one a miss, just like I did the Wii U! :p
    patriot 5 years ago
    Dat .jpg :D
    Xboned 5 years ago
    Wii U , this is your chance to make a name for yourself, after all the kids laughed at you and called you ginger, go out there and let them know you won't be pushed around anymore.
    @ShiftBreaker
    So, what are the chances of Nintendo finally setting up an account system?
    That has already been announced and confirmed quite a while ago. Of course, they haven't introduced it yet but they said that the WiiU/3DS shop will merge in every way possible by the end of 2013 (I think?)
    TechnicPuppet 5 years ago
    @Arsecake_BakerI was non stop on Fire Emblem Awakening at the weekend. Never thought I would like a game like that but i'm a bit obsessed.
    ShiftBreaker 5 years ago
    So, what are the chances of Nintendo finally setting up an account system?
    ollyn 5 years ago
    I should have said Console showing because 3Ds showing has been top notch.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    If they show even the slightest bit of F-Zero they've "won" E3 as far as I am concerned.
    ollyn 5 years ago
    Not been really that hyped about nintendo but the closer it comes the more intrigued i become. Come on Nintendo get your arses in gear your showing in the last 12 months has been embarrassing heres your chance to set the record straight.
    Der_tolle_Emil 5 years ago
    Finally, some games! Also, Reggie is awesome.
    Xboned 5 years ago
    My wish list, Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox , and a glimpse of a new Zelda for Wii U.I now instead I will get Mario Party 10, but I can dream
    StooMonster 5 years ago
    Nintendo have got an E3 conference? Wow, with all the Apple, Microsoft and Sony news yesterday I'd completely forgotten about the big N.
    spamdangled 5 years ago
    I'm really excited to see what they're cooking up for the new 3D Mario.
    KuningasDon 5 years ago
    Ps 4 and Wii U will find their places at my home very soon!
    MPuzzlemanLives 5 years ago
    I think a price cut is a sure thing after Sony's PS4 price release.
    Arsecake_Baker 5 years ago
    @TechnicPuppetSame here, just recently bought back into handhelds with a 3DSXL and Monster Hunter, not been on the pc or console since!
    smoothpete 5 years ago
    I could do with a laugh
    Psiloc 5 years ago
    Don't see why they can't easily take second place. Good luck Ninty, my old friend.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    Price cut for Wii-U or early adopters plan.One of those with Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101 coming this Xmas may make me finally bite!
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 5 years ago
    It's that time again people.Get hype for a presser that will (hopefully) be more in-game than CGI!
    TechnicPuppet 5 years ago
    Woop Woop. As a new 3DS owner(first time with Nintendo console) I have no idea what I want to see. But show me something good anyways.
    Lethally-Obese 5 years ago
    They'd better hit extremely hard on this one, or it's going to be an even more difficult story for them.