New Sega shooter Binary Domain and Final Fantasy music spin-off Theatrhythm both posted strong debuts in this week's Japanese sales chart.
A new 3DS iteration of Konami's popular dating sim Love Plus took the top spot, selling 104,969 copies, with Binary Domain shifting 73,683 at number two.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy debuted at three, with sales of 67,206. Elsewhere on the chart, PSP button masher Samurai Warriors 3 Z Special entered at seven and Tekken 3D Prime Edition at a lowly 11.
Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudesu, the follow-up to cult DS graphic adventure 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, debuted at 12 on 3DS and 15 on Vita.
It was a very good week for 3DS software, with 10 games featuring in the top 20.
Here's the full chart, as seen on NeoGAF:
- New Love Plus (Konami, 3DS) - 104,969 NEW
- Binary Domain (Sega, PS3) - 73,683 NEW
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (Square Enix, 3DS) - 67,206 NEW
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS) - 22,015 (Life to date: 1,506,522)
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS) - 17,791 (1,348,776)
- Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 3DS) - 17,490 (1,249.833)
- Samurai Warriors 3 Z Special (Koei Tecmo, PSP) - 17,125 NEW
- Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom, 3DS) - 15,666 (231,907)
- Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki (Konami, PSP) - 13,695 (75,479)
- Gravity Rush (Sony Computer Entertainment, Vita) - 10,219 (53,680)
- Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (Bandai Namco Games, 3DS) - 9421 NEW
- Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudesu (Chunsoft, 3DS) - 9307 NEW
- Gran Turismo 5 Spec II (Sony Computer Entertainment, PS3) - 8169 (42,198)
- Just Dance Wii (Nintendo, Wii) - 7643 (542,589)
- Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudesu (Chunsoft, Vita) - 6538 NEW
- Armored Core V (From Software, PS3) - 6430 (212,784)
- Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark (Level 5, 3DS) - 6268 (393,130)
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) (Capcom, PSP) - 5223 (197,031)
- Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus (Nintendo, Wii) - 5135 (873,120)
- Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo, 3DS) - 4839 (501,169)
3DS system sales saw a healthy bump off the back of all that software. Nintendo's handheld took the top spot again with sales of 94,667 - up from 67,558 last week.
PlayStation 3 was a distant second with 21,993 units sold, followed by PSP. The Vita again failed to pick up any momentum, with sales falling from 13,939 to 12,309.
- 3DS: 94,667 (Last week: 67,558)
- PlayStation 3: 21,993 (22,002)
- PSP: 14,824 (15,860)
- Vita: 12,309 (13,939)
- Wii: 7874 (8206)
- DS: 1557 (1608)
- PlayStation 2: 1433 (1239)
- Xbox 360: 983 (1139)