A new update for Blizzard's RTS sequel StarCraft II has just hit Battle.net, featuring a number of tweaks and bug fixes.
All three of the game's races are rebalanced slightly - the Protoss Archon units get a range increase, Zerg Infestors have had their wings clipped and Terran Ghosts have had their cost changed, among other adjustments.
Here are the full patch notes for update 1.3:
- The default hotkey to toggle in-game music on/off has been reverted to its hotkey prior to Patch 1.3.0. The hotkey to display APM in the observer stat panel has been changed as a result.
- Archon - Now a massive unit; range increased from 2 to 3.
- Cybernetics Core - Research Warp Gate time increased from 140 to 160.
- Gateway - Sentry train time decreased from 42 to 37; Warp Gate unit train times remain unchanged.
- Pylon power radius has been decreased from 7.5 to 6.5.
- Bunker - Salvage resource return reduced from 100 per cent to 75 per cent.
- Ghost - Cost changed from 150/150 to 200/100.
- Thor - Thor now has 200 max energy, and starts with 50 energy; 250mm Strike Cannons now cost 150 energy to use (cooldown removed).
- Infestor - Speed decreased from 2.5 to 2.25.
- Spore Crawler - Root time decreased from 12 to 6.
- Fixed an issue where Ghosts could not quickly EMP the same location.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to stack air units when issuing a queued stop command before the units reached the end of their patrol point.
- Fixed an issue where unplugging your USB headset while another player was talking to you could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where the APM statistic could be artificially increased.
- Fixed an issue where 3D unit portraits were not animating smoothly at slow game speeds.
- Fixed an issue where, when viewing a replay, no text message was displayed when a player left a game.
- The Taiwanese hotkey to display/hide the game UI while in Observer mode now works correctly.