A new update for the PC and Mac versions of Portal 2 is now live on Steam, offering a number of bug fixes.
The patch, which will be applied automatically when you restart your Steam client, smooths over a few glitches and makes a couple of minor gameplay tweaks.
Here's the full list of changes:
- Fixed unrecoverable black screen in elevator save
- Fixed infinite loop on Mac OSX server
- Fixed Mac OSX font rendering and glyph corruption
- Fixed GC memory leakVarious localization content improvements
- Support for English subtitles in Turkish builds
- Minor string/interface glitches
- Fixes for multiple crashes
- Improved detection and handling for various errors and/or crashes
- Activated UI to enable joystick in-game
Released this week on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Portal 2 scored a perfect 10/10 from Eurogamer's Oli Welsh.
However, its launch hasn't been incident-free a number of users decided to shellac the PC version's Metacritic user score page, claiming the game was too short, featured excessive DLC and was a port of the console game.