Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, a sequel to the vintage Konami platformer, launches on Xbox Live Arcade on 23rd March, Microsoft has announced.
The original game hit arcades way back in 1985 before being ported to almost every platform under the sun, including Xbox Live Arcade back in 2007.
Judging by the trailer below, the sequel's Czech developer Vatra Games has clearly been playing a bit of Shadow Complex for inspiration.
The game is heading to PlayStation 3 as well, launching on PlayStation Network a week later on 29th March.
On top of that, Microsoft has announced dates for all other content destined for its download service in the next few weeks.
Highlights include frantic G.Rev-developed shmup Seisou Kouki Strania and Games on Demand releases for Call of Juarez and Disney racer Split/Second: Velocity.
Here's the full list, courtesy of Major Nelson's blog:
Xbox Live Arcade
- 16th March: Full House Poker (800 Points)
- 23rd March: Ghostbusters (800 Points)
- 23rd March: Swarm (1200 Points)
- 30th March: Islands of Wakfu (800 Points)
- 30th March: Seisou Kouki Strania (800 Points)
- 30th March: Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot (800 Points)
Deal of the Week
- 22nd-27th March Sonic 4: Episode I (800 Points)
- 29th March-3rd April: A World of Keflings (400 Points 50 per cent off)
- 29th March-3rd April: Worms 2: Armageddon (200 Points 50 per cent off)
- 29th March-3rd April: Worms 2: Battle Pack (400 Points 50 per cent off)
- 29th March-3rd April: Raskulls (400 Points 50 per cent off)
Games on Demand
- 22nd March: Call of Juarez
- 22nd March: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- 29th March: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
- 29th March: Split/Second: Velocity
- 17th March: Aviation Collection
- 24th March: MLB 2K11 Collection
- 31st March: Zombie Pets Collection