The next patch for the console version of Call of Duty: Black Ops patch takes aim at glitchers ruining everyone's fun in multiplayer.
Developer Treyarch detailed what to expect from the patch, due in a few weeks time, on the game's official forum.
Alongside a number of minor gameplay tweaks, the update will fix a number of multiplayer exploits and make it easier for developers to detect and ban anyone up to no good. Consider yourself warned.
Here is the full list of changes:
- Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
- Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
- Addressed issue that prevented the "Load MP by Default" option from saving when other specific option combinations were set.
- Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
- Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
- Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
- Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
- Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
- Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
- Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
- Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
- Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
- Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
- Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
- Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
- Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
- Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
- Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
- Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
- Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
Should you be interested, last week Treyarch revealed the process behind preparing a patch for its FPS juggernaut.