What ho, fellow Eurogamers! I'm Xandaça, aka Xander Markham, a 25-year English graduate fresh out of the University of Exeter with wide-eyed hopes of becoming a spy-fiction novelist and in the long distant future, maybe even earning some money. I've been a gamer of parent-distressing scope since first gripping a NES controller when but a gargling infant, with the Hammer Bros from Super Mario being the first to teach me the now much-practiced skill of throwing controllers at televisions in impotent frustration.
Since then, I've written about games for my school and uni student publications, before starting a blog on the excellent gaming community site Destructoid and occasionally reposting my work on Gamasutra. At the tail end of last year, I was picked up by the staff of Destructoid's cinema-centric sister site Flixist (www.flixist.com) to join their reviews and features team. With films being the only thing I'm ever geekier about than games, it was an easy position to accept. Should you also be a bit of a film junkie, do pay us a visit sometime. We're ever so shiny and new.
My favourite games of all time are GoldenEye 007 (the N64 original, which I still play occasionally), Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES), Gunstar Heroes (Megadrive), Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) and No More Heroes (Wii).
I also run a blog which covers gaming (of course), movies and TV, go to the link above to pay it a visit. Thanks and enjoy!
- Twitter @xandermarkham
- 2 months ago Posted a comment on Video: The flattest performances by Hollywood actors in games
- 3 months ago Posted a comment on "See those mountains?"
- 3 months ago Posted a comment on The art of the E3 press conference
- 4 months ago Posted a comment on Nintendo slumps to another annual loss after dismal Wii U sales
- 4 months ago Posted a comment on Super Mario Land retrospective
- 4 months ago Posted a comment on Resident Evil 2 fan creates RE4-style remake
- 4 months ago Posted a comment on It looks like there'll be a Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle
- 5 months ago Posted a comment on "We're not evil villains building an empire"