About suffering they were never wrong,
The Old Masters: how well, they understood
Its human position; how it takes place
While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;
How, when the aged are reverently, passionately waiting
For the miraculous birth, there always must be
Children who did not specially want it to happen, skating
On a pond at the edge of the wood:
They never forgot
That even the dreadful martyrdom must run its course
Anyhow in a corner, some untidy spot
Where the dogs go on with their doggy life and the torturer's horse
Scratches its innocent behind on a tree.
In Brueghel's Icarus, for instance: how everything turns away
Quite leisurely from the disaster; the ploughman may
Have heard the splash, the forsaken cry,
But for him it was not an important failure; the sun shone
As it had to on the white legs disappearing into the green
Water; and the expensive delicate ship that must have seen
Something amazing, a boy falling out of the sky,
had somewhere to get to and sailed calmly on.
- 3 days ago Posted a comment on Monaco developer announces Armada, an RTS designed for gamepads
- 3 days ago Posted a comment on Titanfall runs into problems on PC with error 503
- 2 weeks ago Posted a comment on Batman: Arkham Knight revealed, has driveable Batmobile
- 3 weeks ago Posted a comment on Thief "not about spending nine hours crouched"
- 3 weeks ago Posted a comment on There's a new Tony Hawk game in development
- 1 month ago Posted a comment on Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition still uses PS2 cut-scenes in Separate Ways
- 1 month ago Posted a comment on Assassin's Creed 4's Freedom Cry DLC is going standalone
- 1 month ago Posted a comment on So Obsidian, when is Pillars of Eternity coming out?
Game Library (0)
No games found. Sadface :'(