Fallout 4 guide
Our essential guide to the new Fallout game.
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters guide
Our guide to Bloodborne's meaty DLC.
Loading... hold tight!
written by our very own dark10x, as always!
A variety of welcome improvements over the last-gen game but,
- pixel crawl due to subpar AA
- shimmering due to subpar AA
- jaggies due to subpar AA
- low-to-medium quality texture filtering
- snow deformation n/a to all NPCs
- water in puddles not moving when stepped through
- worse input lag than last-gen TR
- targeted lowly 30fps frame-rate
- frame-rate issues
- frame-time issues
- inconsistent application of motion blur
- inconsistent application of AO
- compromised application of lighting/PBR
- low resolution shadow maps
- 1440x1080 cutscenes
Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360 looks surprisingly close to the Xbox One version of the game
Another damning indictment of Microsoft's current-gen console. Echoes of Titanfall in some respects. Still, at least the game is coming to more capable hardware in PC and presumably PS4 so Tomb Raider (2013) fans shouldn't be too disappointed just yet.
Props to John Linneman and Digital Foundry once more for the great work. :-)
Props to John Linneman and Digital Foundry once more for the great work
PCars, PES 2016 demo